Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 06:45 AM

6,346 posts, read 2,901,596 times

Advertisements

They are not going to let riots get out of control. 100 arrests already. Curfew violations was a charge. Most rioting occurs late at night. That's why the curfew helps.

Quote:
Police announce close to 100 arrests in Louisville, Kentucky, after protests over the grand jury’s decision to not indict officers in the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor.
A police statement early Thursday says some were arrested after damaging businesses and more were detained after jumping on city vehicles being used as barricades. Later, protesters who refused orders to disperse were arrested for curfew and unlawful assembly violations
https://apnews.com/article/shootings...843b8c893fa4d9
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 06:48 AM

6,995 posts, read 2,711,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
That’s not Common Sense. Curfews need to be at no later than 6 pm to work.
They need to start BEFORE Dark. That’s exactly the way it was when my City was under Marshall Law in 1970 right after a Hurricane when they KNEW the Lotters would be moving in.

ANYONE on the Streets after 6 pm would immediately be arrested .... no excuses.
THAT is common sense.
Bring back Sundown Laws.

Old 09-24-2020, 06:49 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,341,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So you are a gun owner....with the gun in your night table. You are woken in the middle of a night with an attack -- you don't know who it is -- would you ask 'are you the police'? ....lol.

Kind of doesn't make sense.

No neighbors HEARD the police call out -- even the ones who reported the shooting.

Did they call out?

I suspect they f'd up and didn't make enough of a fuss, it wasn't a studio apartment..so when they entered di they scream again POLICE.....meh ---- I'm thinking they didn't...because again neighbors heard no warning shouts.

So the police messed up -- the guy woke up to an attack -- home invasion...he doesn't know.

Remember the old white guy who shot the kid knocking at the door asking for help ......yeah --- you all justified that.

I don't think they meant to kill Breanna. But they did. It was negligence......if I accidentally kill someone with my car I get charged.

Just saying.
Except, neighbors have submitted statements that they heard the cops identify themselves, sooooooo

Old 09-24-2020, 06:58 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
She might have been going to open the door after realizing they were cops, and by doing that placed herself in the line of fire. We know the cops didn't target her, or intend to kill her, but when you fire 20 rounds in to a small apartment, someone is going to get hit.
Agreed, her boyfriend was probably in control of the situation since he had the gun and was engaging with the police, so he was probably dodging and weaving. She was possibly late to the scene and was oblivious to what was going on until the shots rang out, and then she had nowhere to go. It's possible that in a dark room the police may not have even seen she was there.

This is why no knock warrants, in a Castle Law state, over silly nothing crimes like minor drug dealing, is an open ticket for sad events like this. I'm glad Sen. Paul entered new legislation to try and prevent future needless killings like this.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:06 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Well, we know who the Grand Jury believed: the witness saying the police knocked and identified themselves before entering. They know much more about the evidence than we do.
In my opinion this ruling would have been correct if it was the boyfriend that had been shot instead of Breonna. They shot an innocent person who had nothing to do with the situation, what if there were kids in house?

Just because a witness heard them was irrelevant, what matters is that the boyfriend did not hear them announce that they were the police.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:06 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,341,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I know it wasn't about a parking ticket, I was being sarcastic.

Did they knock? Or did they do a light tap and say "no one is answering, take the door?" Did they need to do the arrest like that? That is my point. What life threatening circumstances required that kind of an approach? I understand that there are situations that require it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...Breonna_Taylor

11 witness claim that the police did not knock and Identify themselves.

I can see nothing that indicates the need for the approach used. What was the hurry? Why the need for storm trooper tactics?
I was wondering this same thing when the cops busted in the door of Roger Stone to arrest an old dude for a non-violent offense but I digress. Kenneth said himself the cops DID knock, a witness (Breonna's neighbor) gave statements the cops DID identify themselves.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:11 AM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
In my opinion this ruling would have been correct if it was the boyfriend that had been shot instead of Breonna. They shot an innocent person who had nothing to do with the situation, what if there were kids in house?

Just because a witness heard them was irrelevant, what matters is that the boyfriend did not hear them announce that they were the police.
Why would you believe a well known drug dealer who's been associated with a dead body in the trunk of a car over an impartial witness? Obviously, if a neighbor could hear them knock, you don't think a person inside the apartment could? Do you seriously believe this guy is going to tell the truth about anything he did or was involved with?

Old 09-24-2020, 07:18 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Why would you believe a well known drug dealer who's been associated with a dead body in the trunk of a car over an impartial witness? Obviously, if a neighbor could hear them knock, you don't think a person inside the apartment could? Do you seriously believe this guy is going to tell the truth about anything he did or was involved with?
maybe the neighbor was outside or saw the police standing by the door, i dont know how the apartment building is set up, it also my understanding that the boyfriend was not a drug dealer and that her ex boyfriend was.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:22 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
How many media outlets mention that when cops broke into Breonna Taylor's apartment, her boyfriend started SHOOTING AT THEM from the completely dark apartment, injuring one?...
Every single thing I've heard or read mentions the boyfriend shooting at the cops because he thought they were intruders.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:22 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,076,143 times
So one of the cops was a yahoo and shot up some of the neighbors homes. Great if he's convicted for reckless behavior like that. But the evidence, not reported by the MSM but still it was reported was that she was caught in the crossfire between the cops and her drug dealer boyfriend. Is he going to be charged with her death because many states have laws that says that if someone dies in a crime, the person who caused the death is responsible even if they didn't pull the trigger.
Ex: Guy goes into a corner store to rob it. Undercover cop is present and shoots the crook dead. The getaway driver outside participated in the crime and is now guilty of a homicide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies