Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 10:12 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Well, that is what the Mexican Border Wall is for. Patience, grasshopper.
Yeah...that will stop them!! LOL

Looking back to the days I was using dope on a daily basis...(thankfully I got clean from the stuff over 8 yrs ago), but there was not ONE SINGLE DAY, when my 'dealer connections' were out or low in supply!!

Ive always thought that was amazing...the 'logistics' of keeping all these small time dealers fully supplied AT ALL TIMES...is just staggering, I dont think UPS could do such a thing legitimately!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 10:13 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,937,268 times
This fact has been reported in every story I’ve heard/read.

As someone who’s been the victim of a break in while I was home I can tell you that I would have done the exact same thing Ms. Taylor’s BF did. If you are kicking my door in and refuse to identify yourself I will have no choice but to assume you are there to cause harm to me and steal my belongings. I will shoot first and deal with the fallout later. If it’s gonna be me or you going down it’s gonna be you if I have any chance at all to fight back.

If Ms. Taylor and her BF were white I believe that they would be receiving a lot more empathy/sympathy from Trump supporters.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:15 AM

2,774 posts, read 903,405 times
Larynzo Johnson is the shooting suspect. I almost named my son Larynzo. Really glad I didn't now.

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
This fact has been reported in every story I’ve heard/read.

As someone who’s been the victim of a break in while I was home I can tell you that I would have done the exact same thing Ms. Taylor’s BF did. If you are kicking my door in and refuse to identify yourself I will have no choice but to assume you are there to cause harm to me and steal my belongings. I will shoot first and deal with the fallout later. If it’s gonna be me or you going down it’s gonna be you if I have any chance at all to fight back.

If Ms. Taylor and her BF were white I believe that they would be receiving a lot more empathy/sympathy from Trump supporters.
If they were white, this would never have made the news.

(And the cops knocked and identified themselves.)

1,110 posts, read 672,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I read the news story. Where was it reported that he was a Democrat?
Maybe an educated guess on Hawaiiancoconut's account.

Arrested Larynzo Johnson is black so statistically speaking there is a 90% >= probability he is a democrat. To be fair, given all of the additional support Trump given to and thus received from the black community, the probability might be closer to 70%.

Last edited by AKA Bubbleup; 09-24-2020 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-24-2020, 10:16 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Non life threatening injuries fortunately.

Attempted Murder will suffice.
Yup, I just heard that on TV. Thank the Lord. Their wives/siblings/children/friends will have daddy back home soon.

Attempted murder is more appropriate.

Hopefully the charges will be coming soon. And the charges. And the trial. And the punishment.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:17 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, the time they did this really needs to be investigated, there is NO good reason to execute a search warrant at 2am!

This greatly increases the likelihood of violence, naturally the person will believe someone is breaking into their house and start shooting...NO ONE expects police to come knocking at freaking 2am in the morning!
Agreed.

If there had been drugs in the unit, they would have still been there at 9:00 AM or on her person if she left earlier. Easy enough to serve the warrants once she was out the door. No reason for middle of the night drama.

That LE was unaware if she had a dog or there were other occupants in the unit is troubling. One would think if you were serving warrants in the middle of the night, you would have a sense of what you were walking into.

Can we say Police Reform.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
If they were white, this would never have made the news.

(And the cops knocked and identified themselves.)
Yep, you are 100% right!

They are under the impression that blacks think they are 'better' than white people when they are using drugs!!

Its really mind blowing that these RACIST laws at still on the books today in 2020! This needs to change!

Old 09-24-2020, 10:19 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, historically, when alcohol was made legal again...it forced the criminal element OUT!!

The 'criminals' cannot compete with legitimate industry...today, alcohol is manufactured and bottled by LARGE, legitimate companies, (who employ 1000s of people) and also must adhere to regulations and standards!

When was the last time you heard of any violence or gang activity among the alcohol distribution industry?
Alcohol was actually illegal for a short while, so that has to be considered. And moonshiners still exist, operating outside the law.

While marijuana legalization seems to be following the same arc as alcohol, and marijuana has health benefits that make legalization easier, that may drastically reduce the criminal element but probably not eliminate it altogether.

Still, we have problems. Alcohol abuse didn't go away. Drunk driving still happens and causes deaths. And the problems with alcohol aren't different than the problems with other drugs. Illegal or legal, abuse is still rife. People still overdose. Drugs take a toll on humans, and our society is very oriented to drugs as solutions to our problems, without really studying the impact all those drugs have on us.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Alcohol was actually illegal for a short while, so that has to be considered. And moonshiners still exist, operating outside the law.

While marijuana legalization seems to be following the same arc as alcohol, and marijuana has health benefits that make legalization easier, that may drastically reduce the criminal element but probably not eliminate it altogether.

Still, we have problems. Alcohol abuse didn't go away. Drunk driving still happens and causes deaths. And the problems with alcohol aren't different than the problems with other drugs. Illegal or legal, abuse is still rife. People still overdose. Drugs take a toll on humans, and our society is very oriented to drugs as solutions to our problems, without really studying the impact all those drugs have on us.
The problems we are seeing with marijuana legalization right now is due to the fact its only 'semi legal' in some states, needs to fully legal nationwide, to force the criminal element out.

There is also the retail price that creates a problem...those selling it legitimately in the states where its legal, naturally want to make as much money as possible, so they charge the same or even higher than 'street cost'....they dont realize though, the high 'street cost' is mainly due to RISK involved in buying/selling the drug, (thats why heroin is more expensive than gold), its not because its worth that much, its the legal risk involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies