Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 06:40 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
The boyfriend was not a drug dealer and had no dead body in his car.
Correct. Police found the homicide victim in Breonna Taylor's car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 08:43 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,883,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Re-read & think about what he wrote. So if you "have no control of your actions" then you should get shot & killed?

- what about someone with autism who can't help but become emotionally overwhelmed with loud sirens or bright lights or someone shouting in their face?

- someone with a mental illness who has schizophrenia & becomes paranoid when a cop shouts in their face. Or someone with anxiety, and has an anxiety attack while under arrest & has NO control over their body

- someone under the influence of alcohol or drugs & can't respond as quickly as the police want or can't comprehend what the police want from them

- or anyone who doesn't behave within the extreme strict & rigid neurotypical behavior framework set forth by cops of all people, who even at times provoke individuals on purpose.

Ya, the above people are all animals & deserve to get shot & killed. You say, "too bad. stuff happens. I have absolutely no problem with that."
Adults are responsible for their own actions.Drunk High on drugs etc. Do your parents still take care of you..I hope not.
Sure everyone has a story.

Old 09-24-2020, 11:33 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
Default Celebs, long vocal about Breonna Taylor case, decry decision

Life just wouldn't be the same without these Hollywood saints pontificating about BLM, police, racism, etc. etc.

https://apnews.com/article/shootings...cd7661de0ae041

Quote:
For months, actors, sports stars, musicians and other celebrities have been using their platforms to call for justice in the police shooting death of Breonna Taylor, including at Sunday’s Emmy Awards. Her picture was used on the cover of O:The Oprah Magazine this year and even Beyoncé sent a letter to the Kentucky Attorney General asking for justice.

After a grand jury on Wednesday indicted one of the Kentucky police officers on criminal charges, but not for her death, many celebrities and sports stars decried the decision.

“Everyone needs to register to vote. Vote early, go hard, we got to go hard. This is not a year to take it easy, because no one has taken it easy on us. You know, and there’s no reason that young woman should not be walking around today, there’s no reason her mom should be burying her child.” — Queen Latifah, in an AP interview.
I agree with Queen Latifah, everyone needs to register to vote. And vote for Donald Trump MAGA 2020!

Quote:
LeBron James
@KingJames

my love to Breonna mother, family and
friends! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry!!
https://twitter.com/KingJames/status...33417728454660

Old 09-25-2020, 12:06 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Explain to me why the AG would ignore the alleged 11 witnesses you claim refute the police knocked and identified themselves. Is AG Cameron an Uncle Tom tool of white oppressors ?
Simple. They play on the same team.

I allege nothing.

I claim nothing and I already provided links.

You are making it about race. I certainly never did. Could it be that you are thinking it was about race? I think it is about cops using a no Knock warrant and breaking into a house needlessly.

This all on the word of a known criminal.

The woman had a descent job, no drugs were found on the property, a cop is fired for being a super freak with a gun and the city paid out huge. It seems to me that those cops were the ones who were out of control and that is why they shouldn't be allowed to investigate their own. Make it the job of the FBI. Make the state and city for the bill for the investigations.

I am not anti-cop, nor am I making this about race as you have. I am anti-corruption and bad cops.

Old 09-25-2020, 12:09 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The police knocked they also stated that they were the police. Proven.
The cops said they did and had 1 witness to back them.

That isn't proof of anything. Proof would be a video of the event.

Now why did they even need to do a midnight raid? Why did it have to be a no knock warrant?

There are a lot of why did they have to do it that way questions here.

Old 09-25-2020, 01:02 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post

Now why did they even need to do a midnight raid? Why did it have to be a no knock warrant?

Someone asserted that she was a low level drug dealer herself. That she aided her ex knowingly. That may be the case, but there isn't a shred of evidence to support it. If I loan my bf my car, that doesn't mean that I know he is using it to sell drugs. Or if we share a car, whatever.

But even if she DID, being so low level, yes, why the middle of the night battering ram?

This was NOT the residence where the drug activity and danger was concentrated.

3 warrants were signed at the same time. All no knock. Hers was changed, not a no knock, yet they proceeded as if they had one.

A quick knock and a soft 'police' is not sufficient for people to be woken up and really know what is taking place.

A battering ram out of nowhere is what prompted her current boyfriend to shoot in self defense. It all could have been avoided with a proper knock and announce.

Old 09-25-2020, 01:03 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post

In the Pima County case, they lied and said they announced properly until video cam came out and showed they didn't.

Old 09-25-2020, 05:21 AM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
Default ‘Her Boyfriend Did Shoot At The Cops’: Charles Barkley Faces Backlash After Comments On Breonna Taylor Case

How 'shocking' that the mob would take offense at people that dare to have a differing opinion.

Make no mistake, had someone that is not a celebrity/professional athlete said something similar, their lives would be in tatters (lost job, online shaming/harrassment, etc.).

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...a-taylor-case/

Quote:
Former Philadelphia 76er and current basketball analyst, Charles Barkley is facing backlash for his comments on the Breonna Taylor case. On Thursday night, during the NBA pregame show, Barkley said Taylor’s death should not be compared to other recent high-profile cases.

“You know, we have to take into account that her boyfriend did shoot at the cops and shot a cop,” said Barkley. “So like I say, even though I’m really sorry she lost her life I don’t think we can put this in the same situation as George Floyd and Ahmaud Arbery, I just don’t believe that.”

Hall of Famer, and co-host, Shaquille O’Neal, agreed with Barkley, now both are facing criticism on social media.
Charles Barkley reacts to Breonna Taylor case, dismisses 'defund the police' as 'crap'

Quote:
“You know, I hear these fools on TV talking about ‘defund the police’ and things like that. We need police reform and prison reform and things like that. Because you know, who ain’t gonna defund the cops? White neighborhoods and rich neighborhoods. So that notion they keep saying that … I’m like, wait a minute. Who are Black people supposed to call -- Ghostbusters? -- when we have crime in our neighborhoods?

Old 09-25-2020, 06:00 AM

208 posts, read 100,235 times
Some people can't handle the truth! I bet most of the people disagreeing couldn't even explain or repeat what they said.

Last edited by Durpie; 09-25-2020 at 06:09 AM..

Old 09-25-2020, 06:02 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Lebron is going to be upset! Let's see what he says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies