Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2020, 11:51 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Seems like this would have been a big story at one time. I imagine its just back page news today.
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...0QYtxdimMQo9K8
These Democrats are sick....anyone that supports these idiots are equally culpable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2020, 11:55 AM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Some seem to be rejoicing over the incident immediately after, no attempts to help the officers.

Make no mistake, the shooter is a hero to many there (and across the country for that matter). If he is caught, he will continue to be lauded as a hero by many and worshipped on the internet. Wouldn't be surprised to see rallies in support of him. If he happens to die when being apprehended, watch out, riots galore.

This country is going down the toilet.

https://twitter.com/TRHLofficial/sta...73142369906696

Old 09-14-2020, 11:56 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,377,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
That post was discussing interactions with police surrounding coronavirus. Those were largely right wingers. As far as violence/rioters and vandals in the current protests, there are extremists on both sides that have been arrested. More on the left have been harassing people for no apparent reason though.

Both sides have their crazies.
May be true except your post went way past that "Republicans have plenty disrespect for law enforcement when it suits them." You attempted to rationalize that behavior applying to all Republicans - That is not true and very disingenuous. Only one side is controlled by crazies and it is not the Republicans.

Old 09-14-2020, 11:56 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
There you go with the foolish comments. I have no side in this. People like you who worship politics instead of God cannot seem to grasp that.
That is uncalled for. Rachel has strong political views that do not coincide with yours, but that is no reason to accuse her of not worshipping the Lord, when she has clearly declared her faith numerous times.

Old 09-14-2020, 11:58 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
May be true except your post went way past that "Republicans have plenty disrespect for law enforcement when it suits them." - You attempted to rationalize that behavior applying to all Republicans - That is not true and very disingenuous.
No one is rationalizing anything and you are being disingenuous in making that statement. As stated, both sides have their crazies. Each side wants to act like the behavior is exclusively that of one or the other. It is not.

Old 09-14-2020, 11:58 AM

1,742 posts, read 959,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post

Police unions endorsed democrat because of democrat strong support for worker unions in general.

But not this year. NYPD union and FOP, two of the largest police unions/organizations in the country, are now endorsing Trump.

It does not take a genius to figure out why these police unions are doing about face.
I think this fact is a bit of a wild card in this election. While I think most police tend to vote more Republican than Democrat, I think this year they will vote overwhelmingly Republican. There are somewhere around 700,000 law enforcement officers in this country. They all have families. Are they going to vote for the party pushing to defund the police, who push the narrative that the police are systemically racist, who remain strangely silent and passive during violent rioting? Or are they going to vote for the party that promotes safety, law, and order? This election could potentially be decided by this demographic.

Old 09-14-2020, 12:00 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
That is uncalled for. Rachel has strong political views that do not coincide with yours, but that is no reason to accuse her of not worshipping the Lord, when she has clearly declared her faith numerous times.
Not at all. I have clearly stated that I am non-partisan numerous times and she constantly attempts to label me otherwise. Over and over, it is the same thing in thread after thread. To basically infer that people like me are committing mayhem/violence and engaging in destruction is false and uncalled for, just because others do not take the same political stance as them.People like that have made politics their God. They cannot understand how others might not affiliate themselves with one or the other. That is my view of people like her.

Old 09-14-2020, 02:11 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Incidence like these, the fact a certain segment is way violent, its no wonder cops are jumpy in the hood. All cards should be laid out instead of only that thin worn out one.

Old 09-14-2020, 02:26 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Not at all. I have clearly stated that I am non-partisan numerous times and she constantly attempts to label me otherwise. Over and over, it is the same thing in thread after thread. To basically infer that people like me are committing mayhem/violence and engaging in destruction is false and uncalled for, just because others do not take the same political stance as them.People like that have made politics their God. They cannot understand how others might not affiliate themselves with one or the other. That is my view of people like her.
Wow. Talk about anger....and simply because I don’t agree with your politics.

I did not say people like you commit mayhem. I said that the mayhem and destruction is overwhelmingly from the left - BLM and ANTIFA. You came back at me, knowing I am religious, with the out-of-the-blue smack that I don’t worship G-d. Completely uncalled for.

Old 09-14-2020, 02:28 PM

11,786 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Now you know what it feels like to be a Trump supporter - one who is a Democrat and doesn't toe the line, one who isn't biased but is called a Nazi and welfare queen by those on the left. You have to grow a pair and get over it. Your attacking Rachael wasn't nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies