Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The CDC Director- Robert Redfield- should be fired for publicly disagreeing with the President of th
YES! He should agree with his boss at least in public 5 11.90%
NO! He is a hero for saying the truth as he knows it 33 78.57%
Maybe, if he does not admit his mistake 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 03:29 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeforest20 View Post
Robert Redfield, the Director of the Center for Disease Control works for the President of the United States.

Why is he testifying in front of Congress and telling them we won't be getting a vaccine for up to a year? President Trump- who is closer to the situation- is telling everyone the vaccine will be ready by late October.

If you worked in a business and the CEO or President of the company told everything that an important initiative was going to be rolled out by October and you worked for that man, wouldn't it be logical to tell everyone who would listen that the CEO is right, regardless of your personal viewpoint? The CEO is the boss!

Who agrees with me that CDC Director Robert Redfield should be fired for publically disagreeing with his boss?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/16/polit...rts/index.html
Trump will say anything to get re-elected. The man can't open his mouth without lying. There is no way a vaccine will be vetted properly by October, no matter how badly he wants it. Too bad we have someone in the Oval Office who refuses to listen to science and experts. But nothing surprises me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2020, 03:30 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
The governors can easily make covid restrictions permanent
I hear that is exactly what they are planning to do. Is that what you want to hear? Because you've been posting the same ridiculousness for months now. SMDH.

Old 09-17-2020, 03:32 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I hear that is exactly what they are planning to do. Is that what you want to hear? Because you've been posting the same ridiculousness for months now. SMDH.
Of course people will question this when there is no clear end goal and they have permission from the CDC to basically do so

People rightfully questioned the government during the war on terror, questioning whether the supposed security we were getting would violate our rights. The same should be done here

Old 09-17-2020, 03:35 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
Robert Redfield, the Director of the Center for Disease Control works for the President of the United States.

Why is he testifying in front of Congress and telling them we won't be getting a vaccine for up to a year? President Trump- who is closer to the situation- is telling everyone the vaccine will be ready by late October.

If you worked in a business and the CEO or President of the company told everything that an important initiative was going to be rolled out by October and you worked for that man, wouldn't it be logical to tell everyone who would listen that the CEO is right, regardless of your personal viewpoint? The CEO is the boss!

Who agrees with me that CDC Director Robert Redfield shouTld be fired for publically disagreeing with his boss?

Gee why would I believe a career medical professional over the PT Barnum of the 21st century???

To stand by the CEO (using your example) is the equivalent to falling on your sword because you know the CEO's message will change and he will be looking for the sacrificial lamb to offer up. The CEO is the boss in his mind and all the praise is his (in his mind) but any negatives are deflected to the nearest scape goat with this guy..

You can't keep firing everyone that speaks the truth.....

Old 09-17-2020, 03:35 PM

4,192 posts, read 2,514,758 times
Quote:

Who agrees with me that CDC Director Robert Redfield should be fired for publically disagreeing with his boss?

He does not work for Trump. He works for the American people and he was hired by Trump. When a businessperson hires an employee, that employee works for the business. An honest CEO would not tell his employees to ignore the truth, to weave and prevaricate, but that is what Trump wants. Is that what we are asking Redfield to do, to lie for Trump?

To take the analogy further, the CEO is governed by the law, corporate directives and so forth. While it is best that the government speaks with one voice, when he advise from the top is contradictory - wear a mask, don't wear a mask - Redfield has to speak.

Old 09-17-2020, 03:37 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
He does not work for Trump. He works for the American people and he was hired by Trump. When a businessperson hires an employee, that employee works for the business. An honest CEO would not tell his employees to ignore the truth, to weave and prevaricate, but that is what Trump wants. Is that what we are asking Redfield to do, to lie for Trump?

To take the analogy further, the CEO is governed by the law, corporate directives and so forth. While it is best that the government speaks with one voice, when he advise from the top is contradictory - wear a mask, don't wear a mask - Redfield has to speak.
Wear a mask for how long?

Based on Redfields comments, mask wearing could become a permanent, mandated normal

Old 09-17-2020, 03:37 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,948,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
and this idiot, claiming wearing masks is going to be better than a vaccine? What a freaking moron I'm sorry this guy is an idiot
I agree. His own CDC spent months telling us that masks don't protect the wearer from Covid.

Old 09-17-2020, 03:52 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,504,845 times
Quote:
President Trump- who is closer to the situation- is telling everyone the vaccine will be ready by late October.

I think you may not be above earth's surface for a while and you don't know how Trump does what he does. Let me tell you -

Example 1 -

Event - Covid-19. Trump's agenda - I need vaccine real or fake before the election so that I can be reelected. So how do I go to public about it as it is clear to anyone with even a tiny bit of brain that it is not going to happen real soon. So he asks his experts "can we have vaccine by November" "No sir it is highly unlikely" "OK let me ask you this - is it possible even tiny tiny chances that we have vaccine by NOvember" "Yes sir but as I said ...." Next day Trump on TV - "some people working on drugs assured me we are going to have vaccine by November and possibly much before like in October

Example 2 -

Event - An explosion in Lebanon. Trump's agenda - Claim it as terrorist attack . Ask to be briefed. "Is it terrorist related" "No sir we have no such intelligence at this moment" "But could it be terrorist attack - is it possible" "well sir it could be but as I said no intelligence at this point" Trump next day on TV - "Someone from the intelligence told me it is terrorist attack"

Old 09-17-2020, 04:18 PM

1,746 posts, read 880,674 times
I didn't participate in the poll because of the choices given. The question was how soon would a vaccine be available to the general public. He gave a correct answer. It had nothing to do with when the vaccine would actually be available. It's been common knowledge that when the vaccine becomes available, first doses would go to first responders (medical people, police, etc), then to the elderly and most at risk. Then to others at risk. Then to the general population.

So, yeah, it will be late next year by the time every one who wants a vaccine gets it. In reality, neither he nor the President were wrong in their answers. It's all an interpretation of the question.

Old 09-17-2020, 04:22 PM

1,131 posts, read 387,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post
I didn't participate in the poll because of the choices given. The question was how soon would a vaccine be available to the general public. He gave a correct answer. It had nothing to do with when the vaccine would actually be available. It's been common knowledge that when the vaccine becomes available, first doses would go to first responders (medical people, police, etc), then to the elderly and most at risk. Then to others at risk. Then to the general population.

So, yeah, it will be late next year by the time every one who wants a vaccine gets it. In reality, neither he nor the President were wrong in their answers. It's all an interpretation of the question.
that's 100% correct ---and what the majority of American would be interested in because if affects them but Trump is a self-incriminating misleading S.O.B. as Woodward documented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies