Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The CDC Director- Robert Redfield- should be fired for publicly disagreeing with the President of th
YES! He should agree with his boss at least in public 5 11.90%
NO! He is a hero for saying the truth as he knows it 33 78.57%
Maybe, if he does not admit his mistake 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 05:58 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Libs No doubt would prefer there be no vaccine since it might he hurt Trump more
If there was a safe and effective vaccine today, I would take it and be happy. Sorry the science and professionals developing it can’t help your idol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2020, 06:06 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
You can believe the guy who is a physician with expertise in clinical research and management of infectious disease and co-founded the Institute of Human Virology at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.

served as a tenured professor of medicine and microbiology,chief of infectious disease, and vice chair of medicine at University of Maryland medical school

Or
the guy who paid someone to take his SATs And has NO virology or medical training
The MAGAs take Trump's word over all experts, whether they be medical doctors or generals or just about anyone else, time and time again. Even when it is obvious, as it is here, that he has absolutely no knowledge of what he's talking about, to them, he is always right, always the only one to listen to. He always knows better than everybody else on absolutely every subject under the sun. Just ask him and he'll assure you of that. As will his followers.

(That's why we call it a cult.)

Old 09-17-2020, 06:30 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeforest20 View Post
Trump suppoters, please save this thread! Anyone?
There's no saving this thread fail OP. DWI, Deal With It.

Old 09-17-2020, 06:45 PM

566 posts, read 283,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
Watch how the man promises over and over without consequence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4STwwbRRURI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Hey Einstein, Trump cannot do it in a vacuum, he needs congress to actually want there to be a replacement plan.

Rep. Ryan did nothing when he was Speaker, and and Sen. McConnell could never get his act together either. Then they lost the House, because the hoax had too many people wondering if Trump might have colluded with the Russians.
Great post Easy.

Wap, if what you say is true why does Trump keep repeating the same lie over and over again.

Old 09-17-2020, 08:14 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,999 times
Quote:
Trump suppoters, please save this thread! Anyone?
'Save this thread?' What's wrong with the thread? You just didn't like the answer most people voted for or something?

Old 09-17-2020, 11:29 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,092 times
Quote:
Robert Redfield, the Director of the Center for Disease Control works for the President of the United States.

Why is he testifying in front of Congress and telling them we won't be getting a vaccine for up to a year? President Trump- who is closer to the situation- is telling everyone the vaccine will be ready by late October.

If you worked in a business and the CEO or President of the company told everything that an important initiative was going to be rolled out by October and you worked for that man, wouldn't it be logical to tell everyone who would listen that the CEO is right, regardless of your personal viewpoint? The CEO is the boss!

Who agrees with me that CDC Director Robert Redfield should be fired for publically disagreeing with his boss?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/16/polit...rts/index.html
The director of the cdc is not the manager of a mcdonalds, no matter how much the president wishes he was running a burger franchise, and he can just tell ppl to do whatever he wants.

Old 09-18-2020, 06:06 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
'Save this thread?' What's wrong with the thread? You just didn't like the answer most people voted for or something?
Well for starters the title, how does a prediction slow down the vaccine. There isn't even a vaccine and the distribution is set we just need a vaccine, Redfield doesn't have control over the private companies. Trump believes we will have a vaccine in 6 weeks, maybe he has a source for that radical prediction.

Maybe this is just Trump protecting against panic again by putting out lies.

Old 09-18-2020, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well for starters the title, how does a prediction slow down the vaccine. There isn't even a vaccine and the distribution is set we just need a vaccine, Redfield doesn't have control over the private companies. Trump believes we will have a vaccine in 6 weeks, maybe he has a source for that radical prediction.

Maybe this is just Trump protecting against panic again by putting out lies.
He is thinking that we will have emergency authorization. Out of the few ongoing studies: one is paused in America, but ongoing again in the UK; one should have early results late Ocotber, or early November; and the other is about Novem/December and full results possibly not done until March. We are betting on a horse that never raced before and we knew that going in. Not that i would do much differently because there is only so much we can do, but we are pushing it out before we know the efficacy.

Old 09-18-2020, 08:06 AM

25,960 posts, read 22,132,993 times
I always support a person tell the truth. For me, I am willing to take the consequences that sometimes come with telling the truth, and doing the "right" thing. I think for the desperate, a vaccine, one not adequately tested may be available to them early. I think the biggest fear is that the virus is losing steam, and the longer they wait, the less people that will take the vaccine thus being anxious to get it out there.

No vaccines for my family, so whatever the rest of those feeling so threatened by this plandemic decide, fine with me.

Old 09-18-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I always support a person tell the truth. For me, I am willing to take the consequences that sometimes come with telling the truth, and doing the "right" thing. I think for the desperate, a vaccine, one not adequately tested may be available to them early. I think the biggest fear is that the virus is losing steam, and the longer they wait, the less people that will take the vaccine thus being anxious to get it out there.

No vaccines for my family, so whatever the rest of those feeling so threatened by this plandemic decide, fine with me.
I don't know about the virus "loosing steam." It may not be as big of a story at the moment but it has a way to creep back in. It preys on complacency and that was what we saw in Summer in a lot of areas that didn't have a huge initial spike in early Spring. A buried lead is colleges going shelter in place and schools that reopened closing back down and going online for months if not a semester...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies