Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2020, 01:12 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,678,853 times

Advertisements

It's kind of funny that when Trump gets Covid everyone blames it on his reckless behavior, yet when Democratic legislatures get it, the same is not said.

When left-wing celebrities get it, they are treated as wise sages who are here to council us in the ways of the Coronavirus. Chris Cuomo got it back in March and nobody seemed to blame it on him and his reckless behavior.

If only Alyssa Milano, George Stephanopoulus, and Prince Charles had taken it more seriously, they wouldn't have gotten Covid? Forget Mel Gibson though, he got it because he's a racist.

It's quite a double standard some people have.

Old 10-02-2020, 01:12 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
It's kind of funny that when Trump gets Covid everyone blames it on his reckless behavior, yet when Democratic legislatures get it, the same is not said.

When left-wing celebrities get it, they are treated as wise sages who are here to council us in the ways of the Coronavirus. Chris Cuomo got it back in March and nobody seemed to blame it on him and his reckless behavior.

If only Alyssa Milano, George Stephanopoulus, and Prince Charles had taken it more seriously, they wouldn't have gotten Covid? Forget Mel Gibson though, he got it because he's a racist.

It's quite a double standard some people have.

Do as Dems say, not as Dems do.

Old 10-02-2020, 01:13 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
You reap what you sow
So all the 1.02 million people who have died and the hundreds of thousands more who have gotten sick have all had this coming to them one way or another?

Geez, think about what you are saying for half a second.

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
What surprised me most about the announcement was that he shared it so quickly with the world. Given the potential seriousness of the virus, I expected that he would delay the announcement until after a contingency plan could be put in action.

I'm sure that he is confident that he and his wife will be fully recovered in 2 weeks, and that he can continue to run the country from isolation. However, he is obese and in an age group that struggles to recover. Even Boris Johnson, age 56 and overweight, required oxygen to survive. Prince Charles, age 71 and fit, recovered quickly and easily. It could go either way for Trump.
Trump has access to the best socialized medicine American taxpayers can buy for him.

1,768 posts, read 568,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
What surprised me most about the announcement was that he shared it so quickly with the world. Given the potential seriousness of the virus, I expected that he would delay the announcement until after a contingency plan could be put in action.

I'm sure that he is confident that he and his wife will be fully recovered in 2 weeks, and that he can continue to run the country from isolation. However, he is obese and in an age group that struggles to recover. Even Boris Johnson, age 56 and overweight, required oxygen to survive. Prince Charles, age 71 and fit, recovered quickly and easily. It could go either way for Trump.

I see the outcome as twofold. If Trump survives, he will insist that the little flu can be ignored and everyone must immediately return to life as it was prior to the pandemic - never mind that quality of medical care for a president versus others matters. If he doesn't survive, or requires months for recovery, what a mess that will cause for the country!
Easy to recover when you don’t have it.

Yes the announcement came quickly and was succinct and upbeat. All reasons that point to fake fakity fake.

Old 10-02-2020, 01:14 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
You reap what you sow
So Trump is reaping free world class healthcare and top doctors as he quarantines in a mansion?

Why do leftists think the POTUS getting COViD is the same as their chain smoking brother getting it?

Old 10-02-2020, 01:15 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I did click on the link you gave but it references death rates, not total deaths. Read what I wrote! Both will change with time. Look at the deaths now occurring on a daily basis and the highest number are in red states.
You have to look at death rate. NJ has 20 million less people than Texas, less than a third, to compare total deaths vs death rate is quite asinine.

Old 10-02-2020, 01:15 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Rudy's not looking well, he might have it too

Old 10-02-2020, 01:16 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Boris Johnson was very ill because he was overweight AND a heavy drinker. I've noticed the UK has been struggling with Covid more than other countries and daily drinking is a big part of their culture. I'd like to see a study done on that.

Old 10-02-2020, 01:17 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Donald Trump mocks Hillary Clinton when she has pneumonia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT-L...ature=youtu.be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies