Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Harris 101 31.37%
Pence 221 68.63%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 01:42 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Being obnoxious to Harris and the moderator is unlikely to persuade women.

Just sayin'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2020, 01:48 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
When they died it was a vacant seat.

I think most folks know that. Whats your point? How do you justify what Republicans did back then, vs's today?

Old 10-08-2020, 01:52 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Lol...she sound like she is about ready to cry.
And what would be wrong if either Pence or Harris cried during the debate, it would make them more human.

In Argentina, the voters are in awe of a political candidate that can cry in public.

Old 10-08-2020, 02:00 AM

3,839 posts, read 1,788,855 times
I thought Kamala and Mike both made good points through-out the debate, but Mike lied several times. I understand he wants to be loyal to Trump, but so many lies concerning their administration. This administration does not put environmental regulations first, in fact Trump rolled back water regulations, removed accountability for carbon emissions and increased logging on blm land. Terrible on covid response, never came up with a solid healthcare plan and the tax cut put us further in debt.

Kamala did better than I was expecting. She had concrete points and emphasized important changes she and Joe would make, if elected. She did not do well though by not condemning the violence and riots (she referred to them as peaceful protests), she didn't answer about packing the courts and looked condescending when scolding Mike for not allowing her to finish making her points.

Old 10-08-2020, 02:02 AM

132 posts, read 56,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
When did any leader in the Democratic Party say anything about adding justices to the Supreme Court? It's an idea invented by republicans, based on what they would want to do if they were in the same situation as the Democrats will be, after the election.
https://twitter.com/EdMarkey/status/...850870274?s=20

Quote:
Ed Markey
@EdMarkey
·
Sep 18

US Senate candidate, MA
Mitch McConnell set the precedent. No Supreme Court vacancies filled in an election year. If he violates it, when Democrats control the Senate in the next Congress, we must abolish the filibuster and expand the Supreme Court.
https://nypost.com/2020/09/21/top-de...mp-fills-seat/

Quote:
Markey’s former Senate primary opponent, Rep. Joe Kennedy III (D-Mass.), reiterated his argument, writing in a tweet Saturday, “If he [McConnell] holds a vote in 2020, we pack the court in 2021. It’s that simple.â€
Quote:
House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) took to Twitter on Saturday to join the chorus of Democrats supporting the idea of an increase in Supreme Court justices.

“If Sen. McConnell and @SenateGOP were to force through a nominee during the lame-duck session — before a new Senate and President can take office — then the incoming Senate should immediately move to expand the Supreme Court,†the New York Democrat wrote on the social media platform.
I found those in under one minute.

Old 10-08-2020, 02:04 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I thought Kamala and Mike both made good points through-out the debate, but Mike lied several times. I understand he wants to be loyal to Trump, but so many lies concerning their administration. This administration does not put environmental regulations first, in fact Trump rolled back water regulations, removed accountability for carbon emissions and increased logging on blm land. Terrible on covid response, never came up with a solid healthcare plan and the tax cut put us further in debt.

Kamala did better than I was expecting. She had concrete points and emphasized important changes she and Joe would make, if elected. She did not do well though by not condemning the violence and riots (she referred to them as peaceful protests), she didn't answer about packing the courts and looked condescending when scolding Mike for not allowing her to finish making her points.
Tax cuts don't cause debts. Overspending does.

Old 10-08-2020, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
The fly determined who was full of.......
If so, that fly needs glasses. He was on the wrong person.

Old 10-08-2020, 02:19 AM

3,839 posts, read 1,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
fyi ... i'm running a stopwatch on their answers and the mod is cutting pence short every time.
Yes I noticed that too, Susan interrupted Mike so many times. I thought she was rude.

Old 10-08-2020, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
As did Melania.
Melania is not running for Vice President.

Old 10-08-2020, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
Male perspective. Pence did better. He continually overran his time. I counted that the moderator had to interrupt Pence on average 4 times per question for time. Harris had a average of 2 time reminders. Harris was much too polite and should've admonished Pence for ignoring the rules.

Did you see that Republican drone fly land on white hair Pence. It was supposed to land behind his ear.

King Donald kept pinging me during the debate, for money .
Who is "King Donald?"

Must be someone from a different country because this country has Presidents, not Kings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies