Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Biden/Harris’s refusal to answer the court packing question influence your willingness to vote
It doesn’t matter, my mind is made up to vote Biden. 32 24.62%
It doesn’t matter, my mind is made up to vote Trump. 70 53.85%
It doesn’t matter, my mind is made up to vote 3rd Party. 4 3.08%
I am not firm in who I want to vote for but I absolutely can not vote Biden if he won’t answer. 15 11.54%
It could sway me to vote for Trump or a 3rd Party candidate, even though I’d prefer to vote Biden 1 0.77%
I don’t like it, but I’m not sure if ultimately it will influence my vote. 1 0.77%
I want them to pack the court so it doesn’t matter 7 5.38%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 09:28 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Does not bother me at all I gladly voted for the Biden-Harris ticket.
Your screen name says it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2020, 09:47 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,783 times
Doesn't matter to me.

Keep in mind SCOTUS started with 6 justices. There is nothing unconstitutional about adding more justices to the court.

The hypocrisy of the right in the Senate to not even vote for Obama's SCOTUS nominee because it's an election year but yet to do a total 180 and day now it's ok....sorry, but I just don't see an issue.

I dread to see what a right leaning court will do to undermine past precedent they disagree with if it doesn't align with their belief....Altio...cough cough....Thomas..

Old 10-08-2020, 09:53 PM

769 posts, read 300,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I want escalation. I want Republicans to rue the day. We've been hearing "own the libs" and "we drink liberal tears" for four years. There's nothing wrong with giving it back. Even Trump supporters have to know it will come eventually. If we're completely honest, neither side wants to keep the country together. Not really. I think when the GOP took the gloves off with Obama, they knew they were choosing the most destructive course. They don't get to claim victimhood now.
Escalation is getting statehood for DC and Puerto Rico. We can make it very difficult for the Republicans to control the Senate

Old 10-08-2020, 09:56 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
Escalation is getting statehood for DC and Puerto Rico. We can make it very difficult for the Republicans to control the Senate
Oh, I like that. I like that a lot.

Old 10-08-2020, 10:02 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
We should escalate it.

On a legislative level, the right, in most circumstances, legislate policies and laws that are short sighted, reactionary, and/or threat en to reverse any progress we have made as a country.

I mean, the fact that the right oppose universal health care, shows their disdain for their fellow Americans.

Old 10-09-2020, 04:42 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Why would Kamala/Biden add only two Justices? They would add 4 or more and get at least 7-6 far left decisions.
They can just keep adding more justices every time the other party comes into power. The Supreme Court can just keep changing ideology along with the executive branch and the legislative branch.

Lets abandon the fact that political ideology is not even supposed to play a role in their decisions, and we can have an all out, no holds barred, cage match between the 100 justices that are on the court, split down party lines, on every major decision.

Old 10-09-2020, 04:52 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,473,493 times
It's not what democrats want to do for America it's what they want to do to America. You see some of that sentiment right here in this thread. If given power the left intends to punish America for the sin of electing Donald Trump in 2016. Why would you want to vote for your own punishment?

Old 10-09-2020, 04:59 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
There isn't a chance in hell that I would vote for Biden. Harris and someone else? I would have considered it. Now? No chance.

Old 10-09-2020, 05:17 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,678,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
They can just keep adding more justices every time the other party comes into power. The Supreme Court can just keep changing ideology along with the executive branch and the legislative branch.
Democrats have a delusion that at some point, due to changing demographics, a Republican will never be elected President again and it’s only a matter of time. I’ve heard them say this for at least 20 years at this point and they seem surprised every year that this doesn’t seem to happen.

Due to this belief, they think if they expand the court it will be just fine because a Republican will never be in power again.

Old 10-09-2020, 05:26 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,473,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
Democrats have a delusion that at some point, due to changing demographics, a Republican will never be elected President again and it’s only a matter of time. I’ve heard them say this for at least 20 years at this point and they seem surprised every year that this doesn’t seem to happen.

Due to this belief, they think if they expand the court it will be just fine because a Republican will never be in power again.
The GOP is already making inroads with hispanic voters so the DNC may be in for a bit of a surprise. The dems think that by courting illegal hispanics they are courting all hispanics but it doesn't work like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies