Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 10:25 PM

14,222 posts, read 4,589,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
As if people waited to see if he would apologize and pay for a funeral and then all came to an agreement that no one would touch the place. Okaaaay. Don’t let get facts get in the way.
I prefer to use my common sense.

a) Make an apology and pay some money and pretend like you are sorry (even though you know you did not do anything wrong), and pray that the BLM terrorists will leave your store and maybe even your home alone

b) OR, do not make an apology, and do not pretend like you are sorry and watch your store (and maybe your home) get torched to the ground by BLM terrorists

Your choice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2020, 10:31 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,863,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post

a) Make an apology and pay some money and pretend like you are sorry (even though you know you did not do anything wrong), and pray that the BLM terrorists will leave your store and maybe even your home alone

b) OR, do not make an apology, and do not pretend like you are sorry and watch your store (and maybe your home) get torched to the ground by BLM terrorists

Your choice
Project your own experiences as a cop onto a store owner who advises not calling the cops because of past experiences,
or ask the store owner how he really feels.

I think we know your choice. Like I said, don’t let facts get in the way of your personal projections. The fact that he paid and apologized wouldn’t stop the people you describe from burning a place down, if that was their intent.

He had a policy pre George Floyd incident to not call the police in this type of situation, for this reason.

Old 10-13-2020, 10:35 PM

14,222 posts, read 4,589,165 times
Quote:
Project your own experiences as a cop onto a store owner who advises not calling the cops because of past experiences,
or ask the store owner how he really feels.

I think we know your choice. Like I said, don’t let facts get in the way of your personal projections.
Yeah, i am a cop.

But I am also a born & raised Angeleno and my family owns a small store out here in LA since the early 90s. These kind of conflicts between black residences and non-black store owners are nothing new to me

Old 10-13-2020, 10:37 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
Quote:
The store owner advised not to call police, the employee wasn’t familiar with the reasons why not to, naivety.

The situation though, happens all the time. Am I supposed to give a link to my phone video? I have 2. Am I supposed to give a link to other people (I know) who have shared their stories and accounts? I’m not just assuming there are tensions and circumstances where police overreact when the suspect has been black. I live here.
If a situation happens all the time then there should be public awareness of it, why wouldn't there be other stories and reports to link to? Are you saying this stuff happens but nobody cares enough to put it in the local media? All I'm saying is that linking to a story about Floyds death is not how you prove there was tension prior to his death.

Old 10-13-2020, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
If a situation happens all the time then there should be public awareness of it, why wouldn't there be other stories and reports to link to? Are you saying this stuff happens but nobody cares enough to put it in the local media? All I'm saying is that linking to a story about Floyds death is not how you prove there was tension prior to his death.
Tension between the police and blacks in Minneapolis before Floyd’s death? You can’t be serious. Do you have any familiarity with the area at all? Do your own homework.

Before there was George Floyd, there was Philando Castile, shot by a police officer while being pulled over during a traffic stop. There was Jamar Clark, shot by police who responded to a paramedic call. Christopher Burns was strangled when two officers used a chokehold, and David Smith was restrained by police officers before he died of asphyxiation. These were all Black people killed by police officers in or near Minneapolis.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...k-lives-matter

Minneapolis Police, Long Accused of Racism, Face Wrath of Wounded City
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...olice.amp.html

There are “other stories” there is “public awareness”, you have no grasp of the situation, but want me to give you a history lesson? Now you know.

Last edited by RbccL; 10-13-2020 at 10:52 PM..

Old 10-13-2020, 11:34 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
Quote:
Tension between the police and blacks in Minneapolis before Floyd’s death? You can’t be serious. Do you have any familiarity with the area at all? Do your own homework.

Before there was George Floyd, there was Philando Castile, shot by a police officer while being pulled over during a traffic stop. There was Jamar Clark, shot by police who responded to a paramedic call. Christopher Burns was strangled when two officers used a chokehold, and David Smith was restrained by police officers before he died of asphyxiation. These were all Black people killed by police officers in or near Minneapolis.

There are “other stories” there is “public awareness”, you have no grasp of the situation, but want me to give you a history lesson? Now you know.
Nope, not looking for a history lesson, just an awareness that the poster who originally asked for a link wanted the type of information you just provided. People who don't live in an area and experience the daily problems don't tend to be aware of how bad things may be. Are you intimately familiar with the daily tensions in cities you don't live in? Asking someone who lives there IS an attempt to get more familiar with the situation.

Old 10-13-2020, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Nope, not looking for a history lesson, just an awareness that the poster who originally asked for a link wanted the type of information you just provided. People who don't live in an area and experience the daily problems don't tend to be aware of how bad things may be. Are you intimately familiar with the daily tensions in cities you don't live in? Asking someone who lives there IS an attempt to get more familiar with the situation.
Got it.
Thank you for explaining, I see what you mean now. I need a time out.

Old 10-14-2020, 12:37 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,255,215 times
Quote:
Got it.
Thank you for explaining, I see what you mean now. I need a time out.
You need to pay attention to facts.

George Floyd wasn't just some random black guy who had no idea where he got a fake note from.

If you believe otherwise? You have no clue & have never worked in the trenches with and among pure trash like St. George Floyd.. who held a gun to a pregnant woman's belly so he could "get his".

Old 10-14-2020, 03:05 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post

Your choice
Not much common sense here as those aren't the only choices.

Defend your property with a gun like a man would.

Old 10-14-2020, 03:09 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:

Because when it happens to whites it's police brutality. When it happens to blacks it's racist.
Just another false race card player who doesn't care about the truth.

Gee I wonder if it is the known fact that blacks commit crimes at high rates is the problem? naaahh nothing to see here, move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies