Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 03:46 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you can't hit a target the size of a telephone pole, then maybe you should not be carrying a firearm.

But it has already been concluded that the US cops are not up to the task, so it has become a moot point.

A telephone pole doesn't move.....a leg does. Based on that alone, that is not the correct way to make a question of judgement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2020, 03:54 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
A telephone pole doesn't move.....a leg does. Based on that alone, that is not the correct way to make a question of judgement.
I get it. You don't have the aim for it. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Here is a story where the suspect was shot in the leg and the police was able to interrogate him later. This was in Europe. The cop made a judgement call and put one in the thigh, as opposed to six in the chest.

"Police said the alarm was raised at 16:02 local time (13:02 GMT) on Friday, when a man was reported to have attacked passers-by with a knife. Witnesses said he then ran to a nearby square and stabbed more people before he was shot in the thigh. Police said he was arrested at 16:05."

Old 10-17-2020, 03:57 PM
bu2

24,107 posts, read 14,896,004 times
Quote:
If you can't hit a target the size of a telephone pole, then maybe you should not be carrying a firearm.

But it has already been concluded that the US cops are not up to the task, so it has become a moot point.

Here is a story where the suspect was shot in the leg and the police was able to interrogate him later. This was in Europe. The cop made a judgement call and put one in the thigh, as opposed to six in the chest.

"Police said the alarm was raised at 16:02 local time (13:02 GMT) on Friday, when a man was reported to have attacked passers-by with a knife. Witnesses said he then ran to a nearby square and stabbed more people before he was shot in the thigh. Police said he was arrested at 16:05."
Have you considered that the cop may have shot at the chest and missed?

Old 10-17-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Have you considered that the cop may have shot at the chest and missed?
No, he went for the thigh. One shot, one hit in the leg.

Old 10-17-2020, 04:04 PM

Quote:
I get it. You don't have the aim for it. Nothing to be ashamed of.

An incorrect conclusion. I aim at everything, I have a sight picture for everything, or I don't shoot. I am not of spray and pray school.

When it comes down to more muscle memory than thought, it still goes by years of training, such as when I came around the corner as point and put a round into him, center of mass. It was a 50-75K dollar, by 1988 prices, laser simulator and he had a hostage by his side.

THAT'S ANOTHER THING WE HAVE TO CONSIDER........as we are trying to put a round into his smaller leg.......who is next to him who we don't want to shoot?

Old 10-17-2020, 04:05 PM
bu2

24,107 posts, read 14,896,004 times
Quote:
No, he went for the thigh.
I'm assuming your article really says that. So you ALWAYS believe police????
No possibility he was embarrassed he missed so badly that he claimed he shot at the leg?

Old 10-17-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
THAT'S ANOTHER THING WE HAVE TO CONSIDER........as we are trying to put a round into his smaller leg.......who is next to him who we don't want to shoot?
Sure. It should be utilized only when possible. It requires a judgment call.

Old 10-17-2020, 04:17 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Quote:
No possibility he was embarrassed he missed so badly that he claimed he shot at the leg?
He really has trouble thinking things through. Most of the time. Occasionally a lucid comment surprises me.
Kinda reminds me of Biden actually.....

Old 10-17-2020, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Sure. It should be utilized only when possible. It requires a judgment call.
Okay, I'm game.......the officer's judgement call. Not to be second guessed by armchair quarterbacks who weren't there, who have all the time in the world to analyze the situation, who are making decisions that they don't have to face any of the heat for.

Old 10-17-2020, 04:26 PM

Quote:
You assume people are always lying, because you are so used to hearing your leader lie all the time.

Quote:
Okay, I'm game.......the officer's judgement call. Not to be second guessed by armchair quarterbacks who weren't there, who have all the time in the world to analyze the situation, who are making decisions that they don't have to face any of the heat for.
Yes, their call. In this case it seems the cop used a rifle, or a submachine gun with a scope.

Joe Biden, Cops Just Shoot People in the Leg-p05crhty.jpg

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-17-2020 at 04:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies