Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 04:31 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, he went for the thigh. One shot, one hit in the leg.

And one time, someone who wasn't wearing a seatbelt was thrown from a car just before it went over a cliff.... saving his life.

Doesn't mean that not wearing a seatbelt is a dumb idea.

Face it.....Joe Biden said something indefensibly stupid, just like his "buy a shotgun and shoot a warning shot in the air" comment.

And for some reason, you can't seem to resist going deeper and deeper down this rabbit hole trying to defend his indefensible stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2020, 04:41 PM

4,856 posts, read 3,282,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
An incorrect conclusion. I aim at everything, I have a sight picture for everything, or I don't shoot. I am not of spray and pray school.

When it comes down to more muscle memory than thought, it still goes by years of training, such as when I came around the corner as point and put a round into him, center of mass. It was a 50-75K dollar, by 1988 prices, laser simulator and he had a hostage by his side.

THAT'S ANOTHER THING WE HAVE TO CONSIDER........as we are trying to put a round into his smaller leg.......who is next to him who we don't want to shoot?
I said it before in another thread... the ONLY people worth listening to in these types of discussions are LE professionals, current or past. Thanks for what you do.

Old 10-17-2020, 04:43 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Face it.....Joe Biden said something indefensibly stupid, just like his "buy a shotgun and shoot a warning shot in the air" comment.

And for some reason, you can't seem to resist going deeper and deeper down this rabbit hole trying to defend his indefensible stupidity.
I don't care what Biden says, and I am not defending him. We have had this conversation here before, so Biden's comment is a mere coincidence. I promoted the idea of more focus on de-escalation and non-lethal force before and I am promoting it again.

You have a weird fetish about using lethal force whenever possible.

Old 10-17-2020, 04:55 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
Quote:
I don't care what Biden says, and I am not defending him. We have had this conversation here before, so Biden's comment is a mere coincidence. I promoted the idea of more focus on de-escalation and non-lethal force before and I am promoting it again.

Hitting someone in the leg is not non-lethal force.

Ie, "What do you mean, you didn't mean to kill him? You fired a gun at him!".

Old 10-17-2020, 05:25 PM

2,985 posts, read 1,751,384 times
Quote:

You’re making a damn fool of yourself...you probably should stop.

Old 10-17-2020, 05:30 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:

I have no problem with de-escalation and using less lethal force/weapons when possible.

It's just that shooting someone in the leg, as Biden suggested and as you keep promoting because one cop did it successfully one time someplace is NOT non-lethal force.

It endangers the lives of others and can still kill the suspect.

Less lethal means Tasers, Mace, entanglement devices etc.

You can fire a gun at someone's pinky toe and still end up killing them or someone else.

Old 10-17-2020, 05:43 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Have you considered that the cop may have shot at the chest and missed?
That is most likely the case.

I spent 4 days training and sharing tactics/ideas with UK armed police (AFO) a few summers ago right here in the state. I even went through their firearm qualification course. I can tell you for certain that they do not train to shoot for the leg. Their qualification targets don't even have "legs" for you to shoot. If they intentionally aim for the legs, then they are completely out of policy (keyword: intentionally)

Finn Jarb is full of **** as usual.

Old 10-17-2020, 05:44 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
You’re making a damn fool of yourself...you probably should stop.
Thanks for stopping by. Too bad you bring nothing to the table (as usual). Just a childish attempt to insult.

Go pound sand little fella.

Old 10-18-2020, 04:40 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 5 days ago)

27,189 posts, read 13,477,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
No, Joe Biden, Cops Can't Just Shoot People in the Leg

During ABC's town hall event with former Vice President Joe Biden, the Democratic Party's presidential candidate provided a garbled response to a question about criminal justice reform. In particular, he wrongly suggested that when police fire their weapons at suspects, they could shoot to wound instead of shooting to kill.

"You can ban chokeholds, but beyond that you have to teach [the police] how to de-escalate circumstances," said Biden. "So instead of anybody coming at you and the first thing you do is shoot to kill, you shoot them in the leg."

https://reason.com/2020/10/15/joe-bi...ot-in-the-leg/
The police should only shoot as a last resort, however when they do they don't shoot to maim they shoot to stop, they shoot to save their own lives and those of the public.

In order to do this the police are taught to shoot for the torso, as it's easier to hit and more effective in terms of stopping an individual with a weapon.

Biden like most politicians is clearly clueless.

Old 10-18-2020, 08:22 AM

1,265 posts, read 445,473 times
Biden is a complete idiot.

1. Just shoot them in the leg comment. Guess he never had that .00001 of a second to decide to shoot not no shoot situation. Now you want to add shoot them in the leg.
2. Remember fire a shotgun in the air. What goes up must come down. bullets traveling downward travels back to earth at speeds over 200 feet per second more than enough to go through a human skull.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies