Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 11:17 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Thanks for the tough-guy story. I was wondering when they started coming in.
Nothing really tough guy about it......just hand to hand is not nice at all. I've got about 5 seconds to take anyone out before they bring up their defences and clobber me......so you better believe I am going to use every trick in every one's book to take him out of action.......and that includes preemptive strikes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 11:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
People saying use of non-lethal force is as complicated as astro-physics helps explain why so many people die in the hand of the American police force. It flies over their heads. Sometimes its good stop and think if there is room for improvement, but it seems people are offended when it is even mentioned.

Why do American cops kill so many compared to European cops?

https://theconversation.com/why-do-a...ean-cops-49696
Historic rates of fatal police shootings in Europe suggest that American police in 2014 were 18 times more lethal than Danish police and 100 times more lethal than Finnish police, plus they killed significantly more frequently than police in France, Sweden and other European countries.

Knife violence is a big problem in England, yet British police have fatally shot only one person wielding a knife since 2008 – a hostage-taker. By comparison, my calculations based on data compiled by fatalencounters.org and the Washington Post show that US police have fatally shot more than 575 people allegedly wielding blades and other such weapons just in the years since 2013.

Old 10-16-2020, 11:19 AM

2,400 posts, read 755,216 times
This the guy who once said desegregation would turn schools into jungles.

Old 10-16-2020, 11:21 AM

4,511 posts, read 1,864,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
That's just as idiotic an offering as me answering it with the "criminal" would probably be some retarded, inbred Republican, so all's fair........ right?

Does my idiot offering equal yours, or does it rise above?

Do I win a prize if my post is even stupider than yours?

That seems to be the implied goal of threads such as these -seeing who can outstupid the stupid.
So you disagree that democrats value the lives of criminals over law abiding citizens?

Really?

How else do you explain the war you people are waging on police? You want militant black criminals to be able to do whatever they want, whenever they want, without consequence.

Every registered democrat DESERVES to be victims of the evil they insist on protecting.

Old 10-16-2020, 11:22 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
And when a cop tries for a leg shot, misses and hits an innocent bystander with a ricochet you'll be the first one calling for his badge and bringing charges against him.
You are really struggling with the "when possible" concept.

Maybe you are right. If our cops cannot be trusted to make the call, then we'll just have to continue to kill people and put up with the riots later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
So you disagree that democrats value the lives of criminals over law abiding citizens?
Its an absurd statement.

Old 10-16-2020, 11:27 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post

Really?

How else do you explain the war you people are waging on police? You want militant black criminals to be able to do whatever they want, whenever they want, without consequence.

Every registered democrat DESERVES to be victims of the evil they insist on protecting.
Until they are mugged, looted, robbed, beaten have a family member murdered or suffer a home invasion. Not that I wish that on anyone, but how quickly they change.

Old 10-16-2020, 11:31 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Quote:

Maybe you are right. If our cops cannot be trusted to make the call, then we'll just have to continue to kill people and put up with the riots later.

Its an absurd statement.
What don't you understand that it is completely reckless and irresponsible to teach someone to "shoot someone in the leg?"

Do you still think this is a viable method for ANYTHING?

Doing that can easily kill the person you shoot anyway, provides a small target, does not immediately disable the person, and, most importantly, STILL HAS A HIGH LIKELIHOOD OF GETTING THE PERSON WHO DID THE SHOOTING KILLED.

You're still talking about Hollywood fantasy. NO ONE TEACHES THIS IN THE WORLD.

Old 10-16-2020, 11:34 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Quote:

Its an absurd statement.
You should NEVER be using a gun unless there is a direct threat to your life.

IF there is a direct threat to your life, you should be shooting for center mass, aiming to immediately disable the threat!

There is no "shoot someone in the leg because he's not as big a threat" option in the calculus.

That's asinine.

Old 10-16-2020, 11:37 AM

4,511 posts, read 1,864,826 times
Quote:

Its an absurd statement.
Democrats have been terrorizing cities across the country for months with the goal of intimidating law abiding citizens into agreeing the militant black criminals should be able to do whatever they want. That’s the whole point of BLM.

My statement is not absurd.

BLM is absurd and the fact that you support BLM and their agenda is absurd.

Old 10-16-2020, 11:39 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times
From my military training, yes it's silly to think you can target the legs. You always aim center of mass. So Biden is uninformed with this. But I have faith well before any of his ideas becomes an executive order or influences any law, his well informed staff will correct him. I have no such faith in Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies