Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 09:03 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
My provider give me ALL the charges, broken drown.

Maybe you should seek a NEW provider!
Mine will give me an itemization of what was charged as well. What they won't give me or you is what the insurance actually paid for each of those line items. That is the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2020, 11:18 AM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
He did NOT say HOW they were going to pay for it.

You surmised they were just going to write a check. WRONG, AGAIN!
His campaign did. "Lump sum" was the term used. You're just moving the goalposts. And not understanding who actually pays tariffs, but as the Leader of the Free World doesn't, either, I guess we have all had to adjust our expectations on that point.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 10-22-2020 at 11:45 AM..

Old 10-22-2020, 11:33 AM

2,942 posts, read 1,639,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
He keeps talking about it. Says it's going to be the best ever. But the American people have never seen it.

For comparison, Biden's entire healthcare plan is right on his campaign website.
Yes the American people have seen it. When Obamacare got refined by Trump, it's no longer Obamacare in its true form. So one could say the AHCA is now Trumpcare. But is it the responsibility of the government to provide health care in the first place?

Old 10-22-2020, 12:34 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,571,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I for one have full confidence in official documents with the title paperclipped to the front. Screams "professionalism".
Hey man, that's just being efficient. If you're going to offer up a binder with blank sheets of paper nothing says you can't repurpose it as your "Economic plan", your "Environmental plan", your "Who's payin' for the wall plan" or just about anything that he's failed to accomplish by just swapping out the cover sheet.

"That makes me smart"

Old 10-22-2020, 12:55 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
You REALLY need to broaden where you get your "news"

"By Kelsey Waddill September 28, 2020 - President Trump has signed an executive order which he says will protect pre-existing conditions coverage for Americans.
“It has been and will continue to be the policy of the United States to give Americans seeking healthcare more choice, lower costs, and better care and to ensure that Americans with pre-existing conditions can obtain the insurance of their choice at affordable rates,†the executive order stated.
“Any healthcare reform legislation that comes to my desk from Congress must protect the pre-existing conditions or I won’t sign it,†the president elaborated in his remarks. “And I made that pledge last week, but now I’m making it in writing.â€

https://healthpayerintelligence.com/...tions-coverage

The majority of Republicans in the House have been for it even as far back as when O care was being put together,

They voted FOR the provision EVERY TIME.

Your LAME stream media has been LYING to you ever since OCare was being talked about.

and you really need to comprehend that executive orders cant do that legally. all you are relying upon is that Trump keeps his non legally binding promise.

LOL

And you ignore the reality that until some new healthcare law is passed its his intent to kill the ACA first. And incidentally the ACA was based on the best plan Republicans could come up with.

So maybe you need to look at whats actually happening, and will happen. He is LITERALLY killing the pre-existing conditions right in front of you, and you are yelling out "fake news!" for him while the blood drips off his hands.

Old 10-22-2020, 01:01 PM

1,706 posts, read 637,503 times
Thats all trump is good for. He runs his mouth making promises that sound good but he never actually delivers. He has no plan, he just lies.

Old 10-22-2020, 01:48 PM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
Just so we are on the same page-you only rejected the extra cost Medicare which is parts B and D. You said you denied Medicare which implies all of it. I don't blame you for keeping Part A, but it does seem to go against your distaste for government involvement in health care doesn't it?

Yes, part A is only for hospital stays. I agree surgeries are moving towards same day whenever possible.

We are actually in similar positions. My wife is on Medicare but still covered by my employer retiree plan. When she became eligible for Medicare we chose to pay the part B premium for various reasons, but mainly to avoid the penalty for late enrollment.

Most private plans, mine included, require Medicare as primary payor. I assume yours is the same. My point is for a hospital stay you are still "forced" to use Medicare as primary. You can free yourself from governmental interference in your health care by TOTALLY rejecting all parts of Medicare but you have chosen not to. See how freedom to choose works?
"but it does seem to go against your distaste for government involvement in health care doesn't it?

No, it doesn't. I am NOT going to turn down something I already paid for which I had NO CHOICE in. You should have known this WITHOUT ne explaining it to you.
\If I was given the OPTION, I would NOT have paid all those years, and it was PLENTY.

NOT getting what I paid for would be asinine.

Old 10-22-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Mine will give me an itemization of what was charged as well. What they won't give me or you is what the insurance actually paid for each of those line items. That is the problem.
MY insurance DOES.

Old 10-22-2020, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Between the hospital and my insurance, I get it ALL.

Old 10-22-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
His campaign did. "Lump sum" was the term used. You're just moving the goalposts. And not understanding who actually pays tariffs, but as the Leader of the Free World doesn't, either, I guess we have all had to adjust our expectations on that point.
Quit quibbling, He said Mexico would pay and they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies