Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 08:13 AM

1,514 posts, read 891,633 times

Advertisements

A few things:

The government should stay out of controlling out of control Healthcare costs because the market has always shown to be ethical and self correcting. Also, I got mine and sucks to be the millions who can't afford to get theirs. Get off my lawn and don't raise my rates sickies!

Trump will reveal his Healthcare plan when he finally chooses to release his tax returns, so don't hold your breath.

Trumps probable Healthcare plan:
Everyone is covered.*
*In the grave

Last edited by txbullsfan; 10-21-2020 at 08:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2020, 08:20 AM

25,777 posts, read 12,840,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Keep the government out of my healthcare.
Amen Danny! That is what Trump is doing...as much as possible.

-He's blown up the ACA, by killing its mandates.

-He's burried the penalties/fees for not having coverage

-He's allowed Vets to escape the VA, if the VA is delaying their care

-He's allowed high deductible catastrophic plans again to provide more choice, & drive down premium costs

-He's eliminated the laws that force us to buy meds from American Pharma firms exclusively

-He's forced the medical industry to be transparent and publish pricing, so we can shop around

-He's implemented strategic sourcing so China can't cut off our medical supplies ever again

-He's allowed "freedom to try" experiemental procedures & meds for terminal patients

Old 10-21-2020, 08:20 AM

13,620 posts, read 4,940,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I always knew that Obamacare would serve as a gateway to calls for universal care. Nothing is ever good enough and some people simply won’t be happy until they have gov’t services wiping their butt for them.
You are correct, on the first part anyway. Democrats have long wanted universal care. They went with Obamacare instead because they wanted to be bipartisan and thought they could get some republicans in Congress to support it. That didn't happen. As it turn out, they should have just gone for the whole enchilada when they had the chance.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:21 AM

13,620 posts, read 4,940,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Amen Danny! That is what Trump is doing...as much as possible.

-He's blown up the ACA, by killing its mandates.

-He's burried the penalties/fees for not having coverage

-He's allowed Vets to escape the VA, if the VA is delaying their care

-He's allowed high deductible catastrophic plans again to provide more choice, & drive down premium costs

-He's eliminated the laws that force us to buy meds from American Pharma firms exclusively

-He's forced the medical industry to be transparent and publish pricing, so we can shop around

-He's implemented strategic sourcing so China can't cut off our medical supplies ever again

-He's allowed "freedom to try" experiemental procedures & meds for terminal patients
And he WILL eliminate protection for pre-existing conditions.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:24 AM

25,777 posts, read 12,840,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
32 of the 33 developed nations have figured out how to make universal health care work. Why shouldn't the government be in the healthcare business?
Because government is incompetent. National defense is one of the only things they do well, & there's Billions of dollars in waste there too.

Here's the easiest way for me to prove the federal governments total incompetence:

https://www.pgpf.org/national-debt-clock

Old 10-21-2020, 08:37 AM

20,121 posts, read 9,032,117 times
12 years since Obama/Biden promised Affordable Health Care. When will we see it?

Old 10-21-2020, 09:02 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,680,678 times
Trump, as we have recently witnessed, has his own butt covered, no reason to care about the rest of us..

Old 10-21-2020, 09:50 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Trump has stated just the opposite.
I don't have to agree with everything Trump says or does.

Old 10-21-2020, 09:53 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,665,551 times
LOL, Where is it? It's behind the Wall that Mexico is paying for.

Old 10-21-2020, 09:54 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
She’s a retired California public safety employee who lives in Idaho.

I don’t know if she’s 65 yet, but it doesn’t matter. She’ll never have to worry about not having her healthcare covered.
And? What was this supposed to be - some kind of gotcha? I worked for it and earned it. Others can do the same. Are you saying I didn't?

BTW it's a example of the 10th Amendment in action rather than the fed gov.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies