Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 10:07 AM

29,464 posts, read 14,635,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
He keeps talking about it. Says it's going to be the best ever. But the American people have never seen it.

For comparison, Biden's entire healthcare plan is right on his campaign website.
As much as I'd like to see a less costly plan, with a smaller deductible, my wife and I are happy with ours. We pay for a private plan from Blue Care Network, $700 a month.

With how polar our Government has become, and how each side caters only to their followers, I do not want them responsible for a healthcare plan. And anyone that thinks it is a good idea , isn't thinking it through. Yes, I know "free" healthcare for all works in other countries, but those countries don't have the turmoil our does at the moment.
I'd rather see the Don go after the pharma companies and the healthcare providers. Why are some meds more than double the price here, and less in other countries ? Also, why is the insurance company and the hospital allowed to negotiate pricing ? This isn't a body shop where a painter can only flag so many hours to bump and paint a fender. The whole industry needs a revamp. Our politicians need to go after the root cause, not offer the same BS to people for "free".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2020, 10:11 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
As much as I'd like to see a less costly plan, with a smaller deductible, my wife and I are happy with ours. We pay for a private plan from Blue Care Network, $700 a month.

With how polar our Government has become, and how each side caters only to their followers, I do not want them responsible for a healthcare plan. And anyone that thinks it is a good idea , isn't thinking it through. Yes, I know "free" healthcare for all works in other countries, but those countries don't have the turmoil our does at the moment.
I'd rather see the Don go after the pharma companies and the healthcare providers. Why are some meds more than double the price here, and less in other countries ? Also, why is the insurance company and the hospital allowed to negotiate pricing ? This isn't a body shop where a painter can only flag so many hours to bump and paint a fender. The whole industry needs a revamp. Our politicians need to go after the root cause, not offer the same BS to people for "free".
This. My ER EOB didn't tell me jack. There was a single line with an exorbitant amount stating it was discounted and covered by insurance. I have no idea how much the insurance actually paid the hospital. This could be remedied in Congress but they are in the pockets of insurance. Both sides.

Old 10-21-2020, 10:45 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,158,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
He keeps talking about it.
Constitutional fail.

I won't even get into the numerous Fallacies, including False Dilemma.

Healthcare is intra-State commerce.

Your Supreme Court has so stated for more than 90 years.

Congress has no authority and neither do Presidents.

Let's see how smart you really are.

Read Wills v Foster 229 Ill. 2d 393 (2008)

The plaintiff owed $80,163 in medical bills but the hospital accepted an insurance company negotiated settlement of $19,005 in full satisfaction.

Tell us who the Bad Guy is here.

Can you do that?

The insurance company is not the Bad Guy.

The insurance company did not bill the patient $80,163.

The hospital is the Bad Guy who billed the patient $80,163.

The insurance company is the hero here, because they did a tremendous favor to everyone by negotiating a settlement of $19,005.

I can put up 100,000+ cases just like that from the last 2 years.

Do you seriously believe the hospital took a loss when they settled for $19,005?

They did not. They still made a profit.

Yeah, 95% of hospitals are "non-profit" (snicker) I get that.

What does Obamacare do about that?

Not a damn thing. Obamacare lets hospitals continue to rape you without even a reach-around.

Healthcare is purely a State issue.

Your State's laws allowed for the creation of hospital monopolies and cartels to your detriment.

Your State's laws allows hospitals to operate with impunity.

Your State dictates to insurance companies what they can and cannot cover.

Why can't you buy ER coverage only?

Why can't you buy catastrophic coverage only?

Because your State prohibits insurance companies from doing that.

Your State has enacted laws and regulations that force insurance companies under penalty of fines and civil and criminal liability to sell you insurance coverage that you do not want, do not need or cannot possibly use.

Suppose a single person only wanted $250,000/annually in ER coverage.

How much do you suppose that would cost?

About $2/month.

Is that affordable?

I'm sure the turds would come up with 50 Million excuses why it isn't affordable that other people should pay the $2/month for them, but most reasonable people would accept as true that it is affordable.

If you want affordable medical care and affordable health plan coverage, you need to start demanding your governor and State legislature do something and to hold them accountable instead of passing the buck.

Old 10-21-2020, 10:47 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Trump is nsot advocating healthcare not be part of the federal govt. He is advocating it to be a different govt. plan.

Don't you want to know what that plan is.

And sure we can debate the merits of any govt. managing a health care plan -- but that's not this topic.

This topic is why hasn't Trump released any details of his plan.

It's clear he doesn't have one. But boy is he mad at Leslie Stahl.......

Old 10-21-2020, 01:35 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,283 times
Basically the Republican party, including President Trump want to keep the system as it is. They are the status quo party resisting any change that would upset the business class in this country. The billions of dollars in profits that health insurance companies are raking in are at stake here if any sort of universal healthcare plan is implemented.

Old 10-21-2020, 01:39 PM

13,949 posts, read 5,620,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So you want Medicare abolished? Retired people should buy all their health insurance from the private sector?
Yes.

Health care costs as much as it does EXACTLY BECAUSE the government is involved in it. Remove the government, and health care costs would plummet based on plain old market forces that every other industry, product and/or service that is free from government meddling is subject to.

Absolutely, abolish Medicare tomorrow. Give every person under 65 every dime they paid into it as a lump sum payment, and for those over 65, subtract their net draw since they got on the program from everything they paid in, and cut them a check as well.

Get government completely out of healthcare, forever. Tomorrow. By all means.

And no, I am not kidding.

Old 10-21-2020, 01:54 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,571,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Trump is waiting for someone in his administration to come up with one.....just don’t hold your breath.
I smell a new Kushner pet project coming.

The failed real estate developer who has brought us peace in the Middle East and solved Covid will have the new healthcare plan ready by January 1st.

Old 10-21-2020, 01:55 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Amen Danny! That is what Trump is doing...as much as possible.

-He's blown up the ACA, by killing its mandates.

-He's burried the penalties/fees for not having coverage

-He's allowed Vets to escape the VA, if the VA is delaying their care

-He's allowed high deductible catastrophic plans again to provide more choice, & drive down premium costs

-He's eliminated the laws that force us to buy meds from American Pharma firms exclusively

-He's forced the medical industry to be transparent and publish pricing, so we can shop around

-He's implemented strategic sourcing so China can't cut off our medical supplies ever again

-He's allowed "freedom to try" experiemental procedures & meds for terminal patients
He talks about doing these things. (The VA thing was under Obama) but the only thing that actually happened was killing the ACA mandate. The rest is just talk, not happened yet.
Well maybe “freedom to try” which was used in his own Covid treatment.

Old 10-21-2020, 02:00 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,141,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbullsfan View Post
A few things:

The government should stay out of controlling out of control Healthcare costs because the market has always shown to be ethical and self correcting. Also, I got mine and sucks to be the millions who can't afford to get theirs. Get off my lawn and don't raise my rates sickies!

Trump will reveal his Healthcare plan when he finally chooses to release his tax returns, so don't hold your breath.

Trumps probable Healthcare plan:
Everyone is covered.*
*In the grave
Geez, you big government types. Trump does not need a health care plan, because the feds should stay out of our health care. Your state regulates health care insurance and hospitals, not the feds.

Old 10-21-2020, 02:02 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,141,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
And he WILL eliminate protection for pre-existing conditions.
No he won't. Not one single Republican is in favor of canceling health care insurance protections for people with pre-existing conditions. So stop the lies and hysterics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies