Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 04:33 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,768,453 times

Advertisements

You can basically kiss your job and livelihood good bye. Though I guess it really doesn’t matter to you Biden supporters since most of you are probable on the government dole (welfare checks). But us working stiffs and business owners we’re going to get screwed royally....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2020, 04:41 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Define "strict national lockdown".

Then please point to the laws that allow for it.

Old 10-29-2020, 04:45 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

Biden would have to declare a national emergency and be the dictator that y'all have been accusing Trump of being, even though he's leaving policy up to State and local officials as is Constitutionally mandated.

Kinda puts the Left in a bit of a pickle......

Old 10-29-2020, 04:55 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,479,725 times
They don't care. They will enjoy watching people in red states who do not approve of the lock downs being forced to follow a strict and often arbitrary national directive.

Old 10-29-2020, 04:58 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,728,035 times
When did we go from the understanding that this was a "plandemic" to make Trump look bad and would all disappear after the election to now Biden is going to make himself look even worse?

Old 10-29-2020, 04:59 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Quote:

In my state, all retail (other than grocery stores, drugstores, and gas stations) were closed for months. No restaurants, no shopping malls, no stores, no gyms, no salons, no sports events, no shows, no schools, no gatherings of more than five people (even outside), etc., etc. Worst of all was that I couldn’t visit my mother, who lives in a facility, even outdoors sitting 6 feet apart, with masks.*

My life, and those of millions of others, was reduced to a once weekly run to the grocery store and a daily walk. Millions of people saw their livelihoods evaporate, and millions others suffered from an increase of domestic abuse, suicide, drug overdoses, and the results of skipping routine medical screenings.

*If I have to tell my elderly mother that she needs to remain inside her apartment (it’s already been 8 months) and we cannot see each other AGAIN, that will be the end of her. She’s already declined tremendously.

Old 10-29-2020, 05:00 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:

There aren't any, but laws never stopped any tyrant.
See your states reaction for further details.

Old 10-29-2020, 05:01 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Biden would have to declare a national emergency and be the dictator that y'all have been accusing Trump of being, even though he's leaving policy up to State and local officials as is Constitutionally mandated.

Kinda puts the Left in a bit of a pickle......

I'm not so sure about that.

..."There's not a federal lockdown authority or anything like that, or a federal quarantine authority," said Ilya Shapiro, director of the Robert A. Levy Center for Constitutional Studies at the Cato Institute and legal consultant for CBS News...
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nationa...sident-powers/

Old 10-29-2020, 05:12 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
In my state, all retail (other than grocery stores, drugstores, and gas stations) were closed for months. No restaurants, no shopping malls, no stores, no gyms, no salons, no sports events, no shows, no schools, no gatherings of more than five people (even outside), etc., etc. Worst of all was that I couldn’t visit my mother, who lives in a facility, even outdoors sitting 6 feet apart, with masks.*

My life, and those of millions of others, was reduced to a once weekly run to the grocery store and a daily walk. Millions of people saw their livelihoods evaporate, and millions others suffered from an increase of domestic abuse, suicide, drug overdoses, and the results of skipping routine medical screenings.

*If I have to tell my elderly mother that she needs to remain inside her apartment (it’s already been 8 months) and we cannot see each other AGAIN, that will be the end of her. She’s already declined tremendously.
But Rachel - it's for the public good, and your government masters have your best interests at heart.

Old 10-29-2020, 05:15 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,783 times
A strict national lockdown would not be constitutional. It can only be done on a state by state basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies