Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 08:04 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,583,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Because of the red state governors. Once they proved that suspending lockdowns and mask mandates did not result in the end of days genocide predicted by Fauci & Co, we all knew the lockdowns were going away.

Plus, as I said, once a democrat became president, and the vaccines were being distributed, suddenly crippling the economy with lockdowns no longer looked like a good idea.
Hah so in other words you guys were engaging in all this fear-mongering for nothing. Imagine that.

Love the 180.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 09:02 PM

57,322 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Curious if all the fear-mongering Trump supporters in this thread who were convinced Biden would somehow lock down the country if he won have enjoyed all the restrictions implemented during the Trump presidency being lifted over the past few months?
One of the many, many right wing threads that didn’t hold up well.

Old 07-03-2021, 09:12 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
But Biden did lock down the county! And while some things have lifted due to overwhelming pressure for people who weren't going to take it anymore, businesses are gone forever, mask mandates are coming back, and don't forget the Delta variant! Don't for one minute expect me or anyone else to just be grateful for what freedoms are given BACK at the whims of the politicians.

The worries about Biden (the DNC actually) have proven all too real and not just limited to lockdowns.

Old 07-03-2021, 09:23 PM

14,784 posts, read 8,120,726 times
Well....this one didn't hold up so well, did it?

Old 07-03-2021, 09:42 PM

13,620 posts, read 4,940,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
But Biden did lock down the county! And while some things have lifted due to overwhelming pressure for people who weren't going to take it anymore, businesses are gone forever, mask mandates are coming back, and don't forget the Delta variant! Don't for one minute expect me or anyone else to just be grateful for what freedoms are given BACK at the whims of the politicians.

The worries about Biden (the DNC actually) have proven all too real and not just limited to lockdowns.
Biden locked down the country? I don't remember that. But the ONLY reason that the country is opening up and mask rules are being relaxed is the successful roll-out of the vaccine. Credit Trump, credit Biden, but mostly credit the vaccine companies.

Old 07-03-2021, 09:47 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,923,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Hah so in other words you guys were engaging in all this fear-mongering for nothing. Imagine that.

Love the 180.
Thank goodness for Republican governors.

Old 07-03-2021, 09:48 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,923,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
One of the many, many right wing threads that didn’t hold up well.
Not as many as left wing threads that as failed.

Old 07-04-2021, 07:01 AM

57,322 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Because of the red state governors. Once they proved that suspending lockdowns and mask mandates did not result in the end of days genocide predicted by Fauci & Co, we all knew the lockdowns were going away.

Plus, as I said, once a democrat became president, and the vaccines were being distributed, suddenly crippling the economy with lockdowns no longer looked like a good idea.
I see you forgot about the spike in Texas, Florida and Arizona last summer, they celebrated a bit too early.

Old 07-04-2021, 07:16 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,880,993 times
I'm doubting if the Delta variant is even real. I wouldn't be surprised if it were a ploy created by the Democrats to rig the 2022 election (the House, a part of the Senate, and some governors), and it's still the same old Biden-19 from the Wuhan lab. Hey, it worked when "They" used the original Biden-19 virus to undermine Trump. So why not the "Delta variant" for next year? Except that far fewer people are falling for it.

That being said, just get the vaccine, damn it! For real! The side effects are mild, and the syringe needle is far too thin to let any chips get though. Wanna know the best part? You're helping undermine Democrats by getting vaccinated. They have less leverage over you if you've gotten your shots. And you're actually protecting the people in real danger from Biden-19, like your elderly family members. How nice is that?!

Old 07-04-2021, 11:33 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,583,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
I'm doubting if the Delta variant is even real. I wouldn't be surprised if it were a ploy created by the Democrats to rig the 2022 election
Oh yeah man and they got everyone from Iran to Brazil to Thailand to Germany to cooperate in this massive conspiracy to invent a fake variant of covid-19.

Do you even hear how ridiculous you sound?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies