Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 09:58 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Biden would have to declare a national emergency and be the dictator that y'all have been accusing Trump of being
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ouch, Trump is a dictator according to Fat Bob's definition
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Declaring a national emergency doesn't make him a dictator.
It's important you learn to own your words Fat Bob.

Trump did declare national emergency, and you seem to think only a dictator would do such thing.

Again, this whole discussion is built on a lie from Trump, where is insists Biden would shut down the country, even thought Biden repeatedly said he would not. He would create and promote guidelines, which is something Trump should have done 6 months ago, but instead chose to downplay the pandemic and ridicule people who wear masks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2020, 10:02 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's important you learn to own your words Fat Bob.

Trump did declare national emergency, and you seem to think only a dictator would do such thing.

Again, this whole discussion is built on a lie from Trump, where is insists Biden would shut down the country, even thought Biden repeatedly said he would not. He would create and promote guidelines, which is something Trump should have done 6 months ago, but instead chose to downplay the pandemic and ridicule people who wear masks.
Who knows what Biden would do?! Doesnt necessarily mean squat that he says he wouldnt do a national lockdown...presidential candidates have often done things they said they would not do. Personally, I do not trust a word either of them say.

Old 10-29-2020, 10:17 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
After he said he would implement one.. Which Joe Biden is to be believed?
I believe Biden adjusted his stance after discussions with his legal team. So, I'd believe the more educated version, personally.

Old 10-29-2020, 10:18 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,145,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
In my state, all retail (other than grocery stores, drugstores, and gas stations) were closed for months. No restaurants, no shopping malls, no stores, no gyms, no salons, no sports events, no shows, no schools, no gatherings of more than five people (even outside), etc., etc. Worst of all was that I couldn’t visit my mother, who lives in a facility, even outdoors sitting 6 feet apart, with masks.*

My life, and those of millions of others, was reduced to a once weekly run to the grocery store and a daily walk. Millions of people saw their livelihoods evaporate, and millions others suffered from an increase of domestic abuse, suicide, drug overdoses, and the results of skipping routine medical screenings.

*If I have to tell my elderly mother that she needs to remain inside her apartment (it’s already been 8 months) and we cannot see each other AGAIN, that will be the end of her. She’s already declined tremendously.
Oh please who enforced no more than 5 gathering outside?

Old 10-29-2020, 10:24 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Who knows what Biden would do?! Doesnt necessarily mean squat that he says he wouldnt do a national lockdown...presidential candidates have often done things they said they would not do. Personally, I do not trust a word either of them say.
Well, that proves my point.

They have no way of knowing, but Trump, and those who promote his propaganda (like the OP) insist on parroting claims which always start with "Let me tell you what Biden would do, he would .. __________________<=insert fake claim".

Most people in this country are now as stupid as they think, although Trump KNOWS his base does believe every word.

Old 10-29-2020, 10:29 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I believe Biden adjusted his stance after discussions with his legal team. So, I'd believe the more educated version, personally.

"educated"- better optics

Old 10-29-2020, 10:50 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
"educated"- better optics

You reckon this is the first time a politician has had to be informed they can't actually do something they were promising to do?

Try harder, Frank. This is sad.

Old 10-29-2020, 11:14 AM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Okay, I will start off my saying that I am not an expert in anything, and I am a working class senior with sufficient retirement income to provide me with all the basics (but not enough to for expensive splurges). I don't have "television/cable", so I don't watch CNN or Fox. Finally, I am also NOT a Trump supporter, although I now feel "forced" to vote for him. The following might be wrong, but this is what I have gathered by reading Democrat speeches and the Democrat platform.

So now that being said, I am VERY worried if Biden is elected POTUS, not only because of his dementia, but because of what I consider to be common sense.

The Democrats have made no secret that they don't care about the economy, and that their focus is on the government supporting everyone, whether they work or not, are law-abiding or not, and whether they are citizens or not; and possibly install a Universal Basic Income (whether someone is working, or has ever worked, or not); to provide healthcare for ALL (even non-citizens), to install Universal Preschool paid for by the taxpayers, -- and the list goes on and on and on. In short, I think it is obvious that their main "plan" to simply to SPEND the way out of difficulty.

And how will they pay for all this spending? Well, from what I understand, they want to tax the wealthy (corporations and individuals), but what do they think will happen if they do this? Do they think think that business will continue as usual and that no jobs will be lost? And, oh, yes -- they want to eliminate (eventually) the oil and gas industry altogether, which employs hundreds of thousands of people and replace them "millions" of 'green jobs' -- paid for by increased taxes of the part of people who are struggling to pay their bills now.

And so if Biden wins, how do you think the stock market will react (as the market reflects investor confidence in business and the economy) -- and if the stock market goes down significantlyyin the weeks following a Biden win, what effect do you think that will that have on the economy in general? If Biden wins, I truly do foresee another Great Depression that would rival any economic crash of any country in the history of the world.

Now all that being said, I do think that some of the Democrat goals are laudable -- I am pro-environment and I think every child should receive an equal education and that NO child should suffer from poverty -- but I do not want to see possibly tens millions of people in poverty because of Democrat spending trillions of dollars. In my opinion, their solution to just take the money necessary for their plans from wealthy and middle-class taxpayers -- and if that doesn't work to just, in effect, print more of it or take it from some fantasy account in which they can spend as much as they like, but never have to pay it back -- is just stupid and ridiculous, (Again, in my opinion.)

Until the Democrats can convince me and others similar to myself that our thinking is "silly", I just hope that we will never again have a Democrat or "Progressive" in the White House.

Old 10-29-2020, 11:21 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,165,493 times
Seemingly the liberal mind is a rather simple one that doesn't ask questions. They have one mission and that's to get rid of Trump, despite all of the eventual negative fallout that occurs once Biden is elected. We are dealing with a very programmed sheep mentality here. Dangerous? Oh you bet it is!!!!!!!

Another parallel is the beehive. Bee's will eagerly attack an opponent despite the bee losing it's life. There's no thinking involved!

Old 10-29-2020, 11:35 AM

7,149 posts, read 4,745,406 times
Quote:
Is that supposed to mean something?
I think people will not be too surprised at the serious civil unrest and war, if tyranny tries to control Americans. Enough are already PO'd and ready to defend our constitution. Enough already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies