Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 07:56 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Trumpeters in May:

"You can't blame Trump for handling the pandemic poorly. He has no authority to lock down the country. The authority lies with each individual state!"

Trumpeters in October:

"If Biden is president he will lock down the country!"

Precisely. Reps to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
If the courts won't stop Whitmer, these thugs will...

https://www.mlive.com/news/2020/06/t...-michigan.html

She's looking over her shoulder now that those nutcases were busted who were going to kidnap her.

That's an adorably story - even if it is completely off topic and has nothing, whatever, to do with my post.

Feel better?

Old 10-29-2020, 07:58 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,444,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Precisely. Reps to you!
Democrats don't follow the rules and Biden will do everything in his power to get around them. Nice try though.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:59 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Likely the only difference would be consistent messaging From the WH and pressuring states with overwhelmed hospital systems to take action to control the spread.

My take is that those who oppose Trump because of Covid do so because of his denial for political gain.

The political rallies are for Trump’s benefit. He needs to feel the love of his base who will vote for him no matter what. What better way to show your love than to attend a rally where you will be packed like sardines with other like- minded people and in doing so, put your life and the lives of your family at greater risk of infection.

The current surge of infections and hospitalizations is attributed to social / family gatherings.

And yet somehow the virus knows to be politically correct and avoid protests, riots and large indoor funerals for Congressional Democrats and memorials for RBG.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:59 AM

21,952 posts, read 9,522,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
In my state, all retail (other than grocery stores, drugstores, and gas stations) were closed for months. No restaurants, no shopping malls, no stores, no gyms, no salons, no sports events, no shows, no schools, no gatherings of more than five people (even outside), etc., etc. Worst of all was that I couldn’t visit my mother, who lives in a facility, even outdoors sitting 6 feet apart, with masks.*

My life, and those of millions of others, was reduced to a once weekly run to the grocery store and a daily walk. Millions of people saw their livelihoods evaporate, and millions others suffered from an increase of domestic abuse, suicide, drug overdoses, and the results of skipping routine medical screenings.

*If I have to tell my elderly mother that she needs to remain inside her apartment (it’s already been 8 months) and we cannot see each other AGAIN, that will be the end of her. She’s already declined tremendously.
I am sorry to hear that, Rachel.

Old 10-29-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Democrats don't follow the rules and Biden will do everything in his power to get around them. Nice try though.
The "rules" you're referring to are laws and Dems have no choice re: following them, just like Repubs.

Old 10-29-2020, 08:03 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,666,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
No, he’s admitting that the Democrats have already allowed it to start by enabling anti-American groups like BLM to wreak havoc in their cities - with radicals like Harris supporting bail funds to oppose police efforts to maintain order and instead let the lowlifes back onto the streets.
No that's not what SHE meant at all. In order for somebody to finish something, that means somebody have to start it. BLM is not even a drop in the bucket in a huge country, it's the leadership at the top.

Old 10-29-2020, 08:12 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ouch, Trump is a dictator according to Fat Bob's definition

Declaring a national emergency doesn't make him a dictator.

The Devil is in the details.

What did Trump actually do when he declared an emergency?

Declare a national mask mandate?

Anything even remotely dictator like?

No, he used emergency powers to provide funding and bypass red tape to speed up response time to the virus.

But don't let little details like that affect your TDS.

Old 10-29-2020, 08:15 AM

10,119 posts, read 7,781,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
You can basically kiss your job and livelihood good bye. Though I guess it really doesn’t matter to you Biden supporters since most of you are probable on the government dole (welfare checks). But us working stiffs and business owners we’re going to get screwed royally....
I agree. This worries me and I don't understand why people could vote for Biden, even if that's just how much they hate Trump. They are only hurting themselves.

With Trump we are being taken care of even better than if Biden were leading. In fact the only thing Biden has to offer different than Trump is lock down. Anything else, Trump has already done. Biden has no cure. Biden has no magic wand.

The left are screaming and yelling right now about Covid 19 to brainwash us to think the world is coming to an end and we're going to have a dark winter and the world is coming to an end. After the election is decided. all that yelling will stop. It's election time and only reason why dems are shouting doom and gloom. Don't fall for it.

Biden speeches, if you can even call them that, are all about Covid 19 and what an awful job Trump is doing. Trump is doing an awesome job and the vaccine will be here soon. Again, Biden has not much to speak about. Covid is all he has and he's beating it to a pulp with no substance. Not a thing Biden can do to protect us. If you're scared then stay in your house 24 hours a day with a mask but I choose to live my life.

The economy is doing GREAT right now. Trump is saving us. Just think if Biden were our president, God forbid, and how we'd be doing right now. It's really scary.

Old 10-29-2020, 08:26 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I agree. This worries me and I don't understand why people could vote for Biden, even if that's just how much they hate Trump. They are only hurting themselves.

With Trump we are being taken care of even better than if Biden were leading. In fact the only thing Biden has to offer different than Trump is lock down. Anything else, Trump has already done. Biden has no cure. Biden has no magic wand.

The left are screaming and yelling right now about Covid 19 to brainwash us to think the world is coming to an end and we're going to have a dark winter and the world is coming to an end. After the election is decided. all that yelling will stop. It's election time and only reason why dems are shouting doom and gloom. Don't fall for it.

Biden speeches, if you can even call them that, are all about Covid 19 and what an awful job Trump is doing. Trump is doing an awesome job and the vaccine will be here soon. Again, Biden has not much to speak about. Covid is all he has and he's beating it to a pulp with no substance. Not a thing Biden can do to protect us. If you're scared then stay in your house 24 hours a day with a mask but I choose to live my life.

The economy is doing GREAT right now. Trump is saving us. Just think if Biden were our president, God forbid, and how we'd be doing right now. It's really scary.
Almost a million people filed for unemployment benefits this week.
Boeing just announced that they are going to lay-off 7000 workers, Disney World, 700.

This is “saving us?”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies