Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2020, 02:04 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
That is very un-canadian of you.

Remember, these are innocent children being victimized by homicidal maniac americans. These innocent children need help! Why don't you think of the children? Why don't you open your door and pocket book to help these CHILDREN?
Hyperbole.

Homicidal?

Canada is not your doormat, plus it's been explained as to why Canada as a country can't meddle. Now if it were homicidal activity, there would be some statement I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2020, 02:07 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,317,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Hyperbole.

Homicidal?

Canada is not your doormat, plus it's been explained as to why Canada as a country can't meddle. Now if it were homicidal activity, there would be some statement I'm sure.
And the United States is not Latin America's doormat. Or at least we shouldn't be.

Old 11-04-2020, 02:08 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
Quote:
Picking up your kids, and being detained at a border are two very different things.

If the adult can not prove the child is theirs, you still document who the child was travelling with. It would at least give you something to work on.
I am talking about parent/child verification

Old 11-04-2020, 02:09 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
Quote:
Hyperbole.

Homicidal?

US is not Mexico's doormat either. Remember, central americans have to walk across Mexico to get to the US

Now you understand the feeling.

Old 11-04-2020, 02:24 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
You are losing the direction of the intent of my posts.

I'm sure some parents got arrested, but we are talking about children who YOU DON"T KNOW WHO THE PARENTS ARE.

Whatever the parents did or did not do, does forgive the fact that these children were separated without documenting who they were being separated from.

Blame the adults. Sure. What you are left with are over 500 children who through no fault of their own, are being treated like criminals.
Exactly, you dont know who the parents are. No documentation. When no one has documentation, how do you document who the child was with.

If the cops pick up someone with child in tow, they dont know if said person is that childs parent without any documentation. The child is separated and placed with the state. Either the parents come forward proving that is their child or the child remains with the state.
These kids are not US citizens and don't belong with the state. No parents or relatives have come forward to claim them so they are sent back to Mexico from whence they came for Mexican official to determine placement and reunite them if that can be accomplished.
As another poster stated whats the big deal with the Mexican government caring for these kids until they can be reunited? Is there not a better chance of reunification due to no language barriers and Mexico being closer and more similar to the bordering countries these kids came from?

I dont think you know how criminals are treated? Do you really think these kids are being mistreated by the US or Mexican government?

Old 11-04-2020, 02:40 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And once again, why aren't their parents looking for and claiming them? The incompetence is/was on the part of the parents in the first place and it's shouldn't be our problem to deal with other then shipping them back to Mexico and they can wait for their parents there (if they ever show up).

You say you aren't for illegal immigration and yet you want to reward those here who have managed to evade the law for 10 years. That's just encouraging more illegal immigration.
Because the USA Border agents took the children away from the parents. And then dumps then into Mexico, rather than caring for them.

Cruel. Heartless. Unjustified. Immoral.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:57 PM

37,119 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
So?

In a situation like this involving children, you have to assume that the adult saying they are the parent, is.
You take names, you keep records or who is who, so when the time comes to deport, you deport them together.

What happened here, if not just plain cruelty, is total incompetence.
Children are brought in by people who are not their parents.

US use of DNA tests on the adults and children to prove that they were related did not go over well.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...were-unrelated

https://alumni.berkeley.edu/californ...reat-to-us-all

How do you know any names you are given are legitimate?

Old 11-04-2020, 04:48 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,499,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I mean, we throw american parents in prison all the time, and more often than not, children suffer the consequences and grow without a dad and/or mom.

I think we ahould get rid of prison.

Think of the children!!!
Many advocate for that. When you ask what should be done with rapists and murderers they never answer.

Old 11-04-2020, 04:54 PM

8,343 posts, read 2,969,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
These are CHILDREN!! You seem very comfortable dehumanizing them, like many others here. Reminds me of tactics used, oh, say, 80 years ago in some European countries.
So adopt one or financially support them. Step up or shut up. Don't be a hypocrite. I don't want my tax dollars going to them but I'm sure you can make contact and they'll take your money. How about it? How much would you be willing to donate? $100? $500? They're kids! It's only money.

Well?

Old 11-04-2020, 06:27 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
How in the hell are these so-called kids being dehumanized? Just because we don't want to support them as they entered our country illegally how is that dehumanization? How is it dehumanizing to send them back over the border from whence they came? Apparently their parents don't consider them to be human as they don't seem to be coming for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies