Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 07:06 AM

4,025 posts, read 1,878,692 times

Advertisements

It may still be a landslide.

No. Biden may win ALL the remaining states - and DWT will still have 213 (40%) electoral votes, meaning he would lose, but not overwhelmingly so. I don't think anyone would refer to it as a landslide. Historically - at least 150 years back - no loser in a landslide received more than 20% of the electoral votes.

No matter who wins - it should be clear to everyone that at least 60,000,000 people disagree with one or the other. The past 4 years have barely moved that number.

Both sides need to dump the extremes and move toward the middle. 4 years of telling people they're just wrong accomplished nothing. True for both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2020, 07:11 AM

25,744 posts, read 12,832,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
I hate how the most densely populated areas are almost all democratic. like 90% of a state is red, then theres the cities that are blue, and theres so many people in those little tiny cities they can almost flip a state.

damn cockroaches
Stay calm...that's what the electoral college is all about. Plus, those cities are in ruins, and even the Libs there are beginning to wise up to it...after 50+ years.

Nearly every Dem who flees those cities are admitting it to the world. Democrat policies sound so nice, but they are actually death by a million cuts. It takes decades for it to become clear, to the highly emotional Dem voters, that they are bleeding out.

Old 11-04-2020, 07:12 AM

198 posts, read 80,707 times
Quote:
I hate how the most densely populated areas are almost all democratic. like 90% of a state is red, then theres the cities that are blue, and theres so many people in those little tiny cities they can almost flip a state.

damn cockroaches
Land doesn't vote.

Old 11-04-2020, 07:16 AM

1,362 posts, read 874,933 times
Quote:

damn cockroaches
It's almost as if people are more important than dirt! Unbelievable!

Old 11-04-2020, 07:20 AM

1,768 posts, read 568,288 times
Quote:

damn cockroaches
Wah! I hate that people vote instead of dirt!

Cities are blue because people who live in cities tend to be better educated and, since cities are more multicultural, less racist.

Sorry the mouth breathing, cousin-marrying, dirt eating contingent is fading in some states.

Fear not! As the popular vote shows, plenty of America is still stupid or racist or both.

Old 11-04-2020, 07:23 AM

24,641 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Half the population doesn't like the other guy. That is really sad and I pray for this country. We are so divided.
Interesting take, just days ago Democrats were bragging about a massive victory

Conservatives/GOP will never support riots, looting, lockdowns, and being called racists every 5 seconds.

Biden won’t be passing anything through Congress or Mitch McConnell

Old 11-04-2020, 07:24 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,484,106 times
This is why our founding fathers have the far sight to set up electorates,intellectual and immigrants and poor tend to live in big cities-LA,Chicago,New York,Houston

Old 11-04-2020, 07:25 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,484,106 times
But then,minimum wage wil be $15 by 2026,that should be a windfall for the small town and rural folks,comments please.

Old 11-04-2020, 07:32 AM

7,370 posts, read 3,533,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
But then,minimum wage wil be $15 by 2026,that should be a windfall for the small town and rural folks,comments please.
Yes, and businesses that can not afford it will cut jobs and or make them part time. Your budget is your budget and income just doesn't magically appear to pay for wage increases.

Old 11-04-2020, 07:34 AM

25,744 posts, read 12,832,402 times
So radical libs, where's the landslide the pollsters promised you? I have not seen a single answer yet.

The best the Dems here can muster, is that it's not over yet. Why isnt it over yet? The polls had Biden by a wide margin.

When it is over, and Trump is declared the winner, will you answer then? Probably not...you'll just run, hide, & sulk.

For months I've read post, after post, after post, how the polls had Biden up big, and how Trump was toast.

So, why are we sitting here in limbo this morning?

You were all lied to...by your own team! Ouch...that must hurt. They played you like a fiddle.

All those pollsters cared about was themselves...selling advertising...they never cared about you, or how you would feel right now.

So, go ahead...cling to your baby blanket of hope, & climb into your shell of denial that you'vee been had...again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies