Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 03:23 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,831,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Well gosh, we haven't even gotten a final result and you guys are already whining about cheating.
Tobe fair, the "whining" about cheating started well before the election. Everyone was aware the mail in process with very limited control to ensure identification was ripe for cheating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2020, 03:27 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Tobe fair, the "whining" about cheating started well before the election. Everyone was aware the mail in process with very limited control to ensure identification was ripe for cheating.

And somehow 5 states in the union manage to do their elections entirely by mail without issue.

Old 11-05-2020, 04:44 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Polls have always been a joke. It's just it was a big joke this year.
" It's just it was a big joke this year." No different for the last election. Yet day in and day out many cite polls to substantiate their opinions.

I haven't believed in the polls in DECADES.

Old 11-05-2020, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
I hate how the most densely populated areas are almost all democratic. like 90% of a state is red, then theres the cities that are blue, and theres so many people in those little tiny cities they can almost flip a state.

damn cockroaches
Which is why, IMO, ALL states should use the "proportional" way.

In states like Ca., 6 MILLION can vote for Trump and he doesn't get 1 single electoral vote.

Neither party would change to proportional if they usually kept control of a states electoral vote knowing their state would LOSE electoral votes.

Old 11-05-2020, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Wah! I hate that people vote instead of dirt!

Cities are blue because people who live in cities tend to be better educated and, since cities are more multicultural, less racist.

Sorry the mouth breathing, cousin-marrying, dirt eating contingent is fading in some states.

Fear not! As the popular vote shows, plenty of America is still stupid or racist or both.
"tend to be better educated", and where are ALL the slums where most kids do NOT graduate from high school?
Funny how so many like you who think they so much "so much smarter" then the rest of us always IGNORE that FACT!

More education does NOT necessarily make you smarter! We see it every day with libs and all their Liberal Arts degrees.

Obama was "HAWVERD" educated in law, yet was OVERTURNED by the courts MORE then ANY other president.

Old 11-05-2020, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
But then,minimum wage wil be $15 by 2026,that should be a windfall for the small town and rural folks,comments please.
Then LESS people will be working, taxes will go up which will cause even MORE people to loose their jobs.

Way too many on Washington have NEVER run a business yet think THEY know more about running one the actual people who DO run them.

$15 in NY is NOTHING. $15, in say, Alabama is way over the going rate.

This country is too big to start with things like minimum wage when there is such a HUGE diverse difference among states and the areaa in them.

I lived in MD where right next to D.C wages were MUCH higher. Same for Balt. The areas NOT close to big cities the Wesern area, the Eastern shore, have very different COL.

Why do you think their is such a big disparity in the cost of housing is?

The Cost of Living SHOULD ALWAYS be taken into account.

There was something I saw a few yeas ago where they took $100 and the buying power it had. NY and Ca had a buying power of about $84 and NC had a buying power of about $118.

"1 size does NOT fit ALL!"

Old 11-05-2020, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
So radical libs, where's the landslide the pollsters promised you? I have not seen a single answer yet.

The best the Dems here can muster, is that it's not over yet. Why isnt it over yet? The polls had Biden by a wide margin.

When it is over, and Trump is declared the winner, will you answer then? Probably not...you'll just run, hide, & sulk.

For months I've read post, after post, after post, how the polls had Biden up big, and how Trump was toast.

So, why are we sitting here in limbo this morning?

You were all lied to...by your own team! Ouch...that must hurt. They played you like a fiddle.

All those pollsters cared about was themselves...selling advertising...they never cared about you, or how you would feel right now.

So, go ahead...cling to your baby blanket of hope, & climb into your shell of denial that you'vee been had...again!
"All those pollsters cared about was themselves..." and it is noted how the VAST MAJORITY ALWAYS have the dems ahead.

Funny how that always works out.

After the last election and how embarrassed the polling people SHOULD have been, I am surprised how so many, especially dems STILL believe in them.

Then again most polls ALWAYS having the dem ahead....!

Old 11-05-2020, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
No it is not over and it is very close.

The only thing we know for sure is that polling organizations, of which also influences media reporting early in the election process, isn't working properly.
This is NOT about the winner but, the Blue Wave that was supposed to happen based on all the polls.

" isn't working properly", are you REALLY this NAIVE? It IS working just the way they WANT it to work.

Another reason why I think a test should be taken and PASSED BEFORE can vote.

Old 11-05-2020, 07:17 AM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Biden was up 10 points, 15 points, 17 points..etc...Trump had no chance it was going to be a blood bath..

What little creditability these morons had it’s all gone...they’re eating crow this morning!
The terrible, part, imo, is that I just wonder how many voters who would have voted for Trump didn't do so because they read too many polls saying that Biden was a sure winner in their state. (You will note that I live in Wisconsin.)

IT IS AN ABSOLUTE SHAME!

Old 11-05-2020, 07:39 AM

838 posts, read 555,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
The terrible, part, imo, is that I just wonder how many voters who would have voted for Trump didn't do so because they read too many polls saying that Biden was a sure winner in their state. (You will note that I live in Wisconsin.)

IT IS AN ABSOLUTE SHAME!
Do you even know how ridiculous this reads? Are you saying you think Trump supporters stayed home and didn't vote for a man that appeared to be down in the polls?

Wow, what a great way to support your candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies