Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2020, 03:48 PM

2,016 posts, read 3,523,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
There hasn't been a real Lockdown since the start.

I mean a real one,..don't leave home. No hiking, No parks.

There's been 'distancing' though. and masks, and limited services. I believe that has been working despite the numbers,..which would be far worse, imho, if nobody did any of those things.

People still gotta go food shopping.

A literal lockdown would mean everyone stocks up for 4-6 weeks of food. Then Stays home. That's it.
Emergency services only allowed out.

I think that may do the trick,..but That ain't gonna happen,..lol.

So we do the best we can.
Like south Australia, you can't even go outside for exercise or walking your dog. Can you imagine if the gov't tried this here?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ide-grows.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2020, 03:49 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times
Quote:
resident-elect Joe Biden vowed today that he would not shut down the economy as the US continues to struggle under the weight of the coronavirus pandemic.

"I am not going to shut down the economy, period. I'm going to shut down the virus. That's what I'm going to shut down," Biden said.

Biden added: "No national shutdown, because every region, every area, every community can be different. And so there's no circumstance which I can see that would require total national shutdown. I think that would be counterproductive."

Makes sense in a way but in a way it doesnt. "every area is different" joe says. LOL. Not really. Each state except for 1-2 are in the RED!! The entire country is infected.

Continuing with this status quo will never shut the virus down. Obviously

Old 11-19-2020, 04:06 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
There hasn't been a real Lockdown since the start.

I mean a real one,..don't leave home. No hiking, No parks.

There's been 'distancing' though. and masks, and limited services. I believe that has been working despite the numbers,..which would be far worse, imho, if nobody did any of those things.

People still gotta go food shopping.

A literal lockdown would mean everyone stocks up for 4-6 weeks of food. Then Stays home. That's it.
Emergency services only allowed out.

I think that may do the trick,..but That ain't gonna happen,..lol.

So we do the best we can.

A real lockdown would be impossible in the U.S because certain groups are untouchable because of the political climate. They couldn't even stop the BLM riots so how are they going to get certain residents of the ghetto to follow the lockdown rules? If the U.S. tried a full lockdown, it would just take one publicized incident where a cop shot someone in self defense while trying to enforce the lockdown and the whole country would erupt into BLM protests and riots again making the whole point of the lockdown moot. The only two ways out are acquired herd immunity (Sweden style) or mass vaccination and it looks like the second option is right around the corner. Until then, we are in for 3-6 more months of the status quo: half assed closures and restrictions while the virus continues to spread.

Old 11-21-2020, 04:43 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/11/bide...e-economy.html

and what if that doesn't work? Will we then lockdown for another 4-6 weeks? Then another?
Lockdowns haven't worked, but they make politicians look good.

Dementia Joe will do whatever makes him look good.

Old 11-21-2020, 04:46 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
A real lockdown would be impossible in the U.S because certain groups are untouchable because of the political climate.
The untouchable group includes Gov Newsom, Pelosi, and Mayor Lightfoot. They think the rules don't apply to the ruling class and they are correct. The ruling class is exempt for the rules.

Old 11-26-2020, 07:37 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The untouchable group includes Gov Newsom, Pelosi, and Mayor Lightfoot. They think the rules don't apply to the ruling class and they are correct. The ruling class is exempt for the rules.
Sort of like the Trumps—-having holiday parties in the White House in the midst of the Covid pandemic!

Old 11-26-2020, 07:41 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Lockdowns haven't worked, but they make politicians look good.

Dementia Joe will do whatever makes him look good.
Joe looks so much better than Trump! Biden is trim and energetic. He rides his bicycle and can jog up the stairs to the plane. Funny that you say demented, when Joe gives a fine speech and can easily read—something ADHD Trump can barely do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies