Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2020, 05:59 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
That guy is out of his mind. No way are we going backwards. Been there, done that. Didn't work. People are sick of isolating.
Yup, Democrats are about to have huge buyers remorse with Biden.

It’s easy to quarantine when you’re a millionaire politician making $400K during lockdowns.

Not so much for everyone else. Americans have ALREADY locked down for all of 2020. That time can never be bought back again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2020, 06:42 PM

13,660 posts, read 9,724,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So how do we address the large problem with overwhelming the health care system, do we just ignore the lack of hospital beds and nurses to care for increases in opening up and bad behavior. There needs to be a balanced reactive approach so that we address increases infections.
This is a serious problem, but it's not our most serious problem, and certainly not the only serious problem. We can not afford to monopolize public policy, and our choices as a society, based on the sole consideration of hospital capacity.

Some hospital capacity can be increased, and there may be improvisations such as using train-stations or stadiums as makeshift hospitals. But ultimately we will be in a triage situation. Some people, who could have survived if given full and timely treatment, are going to die. We have to accept this. And we have to accept that this number may be very large.

It is entirely possible, that in a few months, the daily new-case-count will be multiple millions, and the daily casualty count will be in the tens of thousands. And that by the time that the virus finally burns-through the population - I mean, nearly the entire population - we will have lost millions in the US alone, and many tens of millions worldwide.

Old 11-13-2020, 06:46 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So how do we address the large problem with overwhelming the health care system, do we just ignore the lack of hospital beds and nurses to care for increases in opening up and bad behavior. There needs to be a balanced reactive approach so that we address increases infections.
Source?

Most covid cases are asymptomatic. Take your lazy butt home and quarantine.

The “healthcare system is overburdened” is the biggest lie of the entire pandemic. No one has ever died from a lack of a ventilator, even with the surges and outbreaks after every riot.

Old 11-13-2020, 06:47 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yup, Democrats are about to have huge buyers remorse with Biden.

It’s easy to quarantine when you’re a millionaire politician making $400K during lockdowns.

Not so much for everyone else. Americans have ALREADY locked down for all of 2020. That time can never be bought back again.
There's a good reason high school graduates went heavily for our President. They often can't work from home.

Old 11-13-2020, 06:50 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Source?

Most covid cases are asymptomatic. Take your lazy butt home and quarantine.

The “healthcare system is overburdened” is the biggest lie of the entire pandemic. No one has ever died from a lack of a ventilator, even with the surges and outbreaks after every riot.
New York wasn't even overburdened in the spring.

There were all these articles about Texas running out beds and Houston running out of beds. Houston never was worse than 53% capacity.

I saw interviews on the local TV in Atlanta with the lead-in about how bad the situation was in the local hospitals. The doctor came on and said, yes, we have a few more cases than last week, but we are fine.

Yet so many people believe these headlines. We have a huge number of people simply incapable of critical thinking. Media lies to them again and again and they continue to blindly believe it.

Old 11-13-2020, 06:54 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
I suspect, that by the time Biden is Inaugurated, we will be in such bad shape, that people will reconsider the merits of a lockdown. In all fairness, even Republican Governors are seeing the problem we are facing right now.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-13-2020, 06:59 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Didn't work the first time around, so what makes anyone with a brain in their head think it would work this time around? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Old 11-13-2020, 07:02 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Didn't work the first time around, so what makes anyone with a brain in their head think it would work this time around? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Apparently you have been fooled so many times, the count doesn't matter.

We have done everything wrong, and ..... here we are. Look bad? It's not that bad yet. That is still coming.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-13-2020, 07:15 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Apparently you have been fooled so many times, the count doesn't matter.

We have done everything wrong, and ..... here we are. Look bad? It's not that bad yet. That is still coming.
No. Doesn't look bad at all, considering. Considering a true pandemic wouldn't have a 99.6% survival rate for those under 80. It would be more like a 60% infection rate with a 100% mortality rate for the infected. You know, something like bubonic plague or smallpox, ebola, etc. A true pandemic would not have 98% of the infected walking away after having minor cold-like symptoms. A true pandemic wouldn't have an incalculable population that has been infected and never even knew it.

What we have done is the literary equivalent of hyperbole. Take the worst cases, present only them to the public, and talk the public into accepting that the statistical outliers are the norm. Even Trump, as unhealthy and Hindenberg-like as you folks always claim him to be, was slightly ill for how long? A couple days? So far I've only known two people who have had covid. Both said the last cold they had was worse. How many of those situations are NOT BEING REPORTED? Why is it only the deaths are being reported? How about reporting the recoveries every day along with the fatalities (that are often not even due to covid--only covid was present). And we have no way of even knowing how many people have had it and never reported or went to a doctor. I suspect that there are a lot. And of course, they are not included in the stats, are they?

Old 11-13-2020, 09:29 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
This is a serious problem, but it's not our most serious problem, and certainly not the only serious problem. We can not afford to monopolize public policy, and our choices as a society, based on the sole consideration of hospital capacity.

Some hospital capacity can be increased, and there may be improvisations such as using train-stations or stadiums as makeshift hospitals. But ultimately we will be in a triage situation. Some people, who could have survived if given full and timely treatment, are going to die. We have to accept this. And we have to accept that this number may be very large.

It is entirely possible, that in a few months, the daily new-case-count will be multiple millions, and the daily casualty count will be in the tens of thousands. And that by the time that the virus finally burns-through the population - I mean, nearly the entire population - we will have lost millions in the US alone, and many tens of millions worldwide.
How do you increase ICU’s, how do you increase nurses, medical technicians and doctors in these hard hit areas. North Dakota is asking nurses that tested positive to keep on working, solutions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies