Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 05:55 PM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I guess everybody missed this part of her statement:

“As you know, the GSA administrator does not pick or certify the winner of a presidential election. Instead, the GSA Administrator’s role under the Act is extremely narrow: to make resources and services available in connection with a presidential transition. The actual winner of the presidential election will be determined by the electoral process detailed in the Constitution.”

But since CNN said so, I guess you believe that right now Biden is president?

Stop listening to CNN.
It's all over. Of course, the electoral process will play out, but the outcome is not in doubt. Biden won.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 05:57 PM

46,309 posts, read 27,124,387 times
The GSA? If someone can provide when the GSA has been involved in any elections prior, I'd like to know.

Old 11-23-2020, 05:58 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,430,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Yup. America is over as we know it. The Democrats will destroy America. Hello illegals! Hello Free stuff for illegals! Hello criminals! Hello Biden stuffing his pockets with ill gotten money. Hello BLM in charge and will decide if you need to leave your home if you are white. Hello No Police! Hello Defunding the Police! and waiting for no-one to show up at your home when you wife is attacked or your dad is having a heart attack. ..Have Fun!
A lot of us are going to have fun.

Sucks you don't know how.

Old 11-23-2020, 05:58 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I guess you missed the part where states with 270 electoral votes have certified the election in favor of Biden

Stop listening to OANN
What's OANN?

We still do not have a president elect. Not every state has been certified and there are pending lawsuits. No one knows what will happen in January. No one. This announcement is procedural. It in no way declares Biden as president.

Try a news outlet that's not biased for a change. You might actually know what's going on.

Old 11-23-2020, 05:59 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
No, the fat lady did not sing.
Quote:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
1h
I want to thank Emily Murphy at GSA for her steadfast dedication and loyalty to our Country. She has been harassed, threatened, and abused – and I do not want to see this happen to her, her family, or employees of GSA. Our case STRONGLY continues, we will keep up the good...
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·

...fight, and I believe we will prevail! Nevertheless, in the best interest of our Country, I am recommending that Emily and her team do what needs to be done with regard to initial protocols, and have told my team to do the same.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Old 11-23-2020, 06:00 PM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
The GSA? If someone can provide when the GSA has been involved in any elections prior, I'd like to know.
Since 1963. The GSA boss decides when the transition funds and such can be accessed. You probably never noticed because every other president since then has taken his defeat like a man and not a toddler - until Trump.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:00 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's all over. Of course, the electoral process will play out, but the outcome is not in doubt. Biden won.
Just like Dewey beat Truman?

No one knows what the outcome will be.

It's all speculation right now.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:01 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Quote:
What's OANN?

We still do not have a president elect. Not every state has been certified and there are pending lawsuits. No one knows what will happen in January. No one. This announcement is procedural. It in no way declares Biden as president.

Try a news outlet that's not biased for a change. You might actually know what's going on.
Nah. We know exactly what's going to happen. Rudy's going to blow chunks over every damn lawsuit like he always does, the electoral college will verify Biden's win, and Biden's gonna be sworn in.

It's time to face reality.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:04 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,430,337 times
Quote:
What's OANN?

States equaling 270 votes have certified. The rest of them can muck around as long as they wish and it will not change that.

We may not know what happens in January, but we know on January 20th there is an inauguration for the fellow with 270 or more electoral votes. That fellow is Mr Biden.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:04 PM

46,309 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Since 1963. The GSA boss decides when the transition funds and such can be accessed. You probably never noticed because every other president since then has taken his defeat like a man and not a toddler - until Trump.

If I'm wrong, I'll say it. Can you provide a link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies