Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 06:07 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If I'm wrong, I'll say it. Can you provide a link?

https://www.gsa.gov/governmentwide-i...tion-directory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 06:08 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,430,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Just like Dewey beat Truman?

No one knows what the outcome will be.

It's all speculation right now.
In case you hadn't noticed the election is over, and we do know what the outcome was. Biden beat Trump.

The only speculation is about how long it takes some people to catch on.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:10 PM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
What's OANN?

We still do not have a president elect. Not every state has been certified and there are pending lawsuits. No one knows what will happen in January. No one. This announcement is procedural. It in no way declares Biden as president.

Try a news outlet that's not biased for a change. You might actually know what's going on.
Arizona and Michigan certified today. Georgia last week. That makes 270 without WI, PA or NV (NV certifies tomorrow). There are no lawsuits left in AZ or PA. IDK about GA but they are having a third count. Hang your hat on that I suppose. PA will certify now that the PA court has settled the suits. Philosophically speaking, no one knows the future. But Biden's victory has better than a 99.99% probability of happening now.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:12 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
"Since 1963. The GSA boss decides when the transition funds and such can be accessed. You probably never noticed because every other president since then has taken his defeat like a man and not a toddler - until Trump."

You are right, but that does not mean the OP is correct in what was stated:

Quote:
If I'm wrong, I'll say it. Can you provide a link?

Quote:
The General Services Administration (GSA) Administrator does not pick the winner in the Presidential election. In accordance with the Presidential Transition Act of 1963 (PTA), as amended, and consistent with precedent established by the Clinton Administration in 2000, the GSA Administrator ascertains the apparent successful candidate once a winner is clear based on the process laid out in the Constitution. The Administrator’s ascertainment is done for the purposes of making additional services provided by the PTA available. Until an ascertainment is made, the statute allows for the Biden Transition Team to continue to receive the pre-elect services from the government (e.g., office space, computers, background investigations for security clearances). GSA has met all statutory requirements under the PTA for this election cycle and will continue to do so.
Lets remember what the OP very clearly lied about:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
The General Services Administration has informed President-elect Joe Biden that the Trump administration is ready to begin the formal transition process, according to a letter from Administrator Emily Murphy sent Monday afternoon and obtained by CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/polit...gin/index.html

After Michigan certified Biden now has 270 votes so there was no more reason for Emily to hide and not sign of on the transition.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:20 PM

769 posts, read 1,007,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeAZguy View Post
And, finally, the fat lady sings.

It's all over, folks.
I didn't know Sarah Huckabee Sanders sang

Old 11-23-2020, 06:20 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,808,504 times
The transition went forward in 2016 when there were still pending recounts and trump was ahead by far fewer votes. This is the way it's done. Or was until trump installed a partisan hack at GSA.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:21 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Nah. We know exactly what's going to happen. Rudy's going to blow chunks over every damn lawsuit like he always does, the electoral college will verify Biden's win, and Biden's gonna be sworn in.

It's time to face reality.
PS. I didn't vote for Trump.

But I know that this is all speculative.

Nothing has been decided yet.

That is a KEY WORD that people in this thread do not understand.

YET.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:21 PM

17,807 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Just like Dewey beat Truman?

No one knows what the outcome will be.

It's all speculation right now.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:23 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
"Since 1963. The GSA boss decides when the transition funds and such can be accessed. You probably never noticed because every other president since then has taken his defeat like a man and not a toddler - until Trump."

You are right, but that does not mean the OP is correct in what was stated:

Lets remember what the OP very clearly lied about:
They do not understand.

CNN said Biden is president and some lady that works in the White House made a statement. I mean she said she doesn't determine the winner, but they didn't read that far. They heard what they wanted to hear and that was that.

Truth has no place in the media. Just believe what CNN says. Like a god they worship.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:25 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Quote:
They do not understand.

CNN said Biden is president and some lady that works in the White House made a statement. I mean she said she doesn't determine the winner, but they didn't read that far. They heard what they wanted to hear and that was that.

Truth has no place in the media. Just believe what CNN says. Like a god they worship.
You keep mentioning CNN.

I don't follow the media.

I follow the facts.

And Trump ****in' lost dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies