Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 04:45 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times

Advertisements

Donald Trump is wonderful, I told you so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 04:50 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
She sure did a lot of "woe is me" in her letter.

Old 11-23-2020, 04:59 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
Regardless of who directed her to begin the transition or who can fire her, she's not going to have a job after Jan. 2021 anyway. She's a lawyer, she'll find another job somewhere.
there are many unemployed lawyers

Old 11-23-2020, 05:00 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,538,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump did not write that one. Way too coherent.
My first thought too but my goodness, it went out under his Twitter handle so I assume he signed off on it. I don’t feel sorry per se for him but I understand the sense of loss he feels. I think he could do worse than look at what other presidents did after losing the election for their second term. Starting with John Adams, who remained a public figure for years after Jefferson beat him in 1800 (and continued a long-distance friendship with Jefferson until their deaths); then to John Quincy Adams, who served Massachusetts in the House after losing the election to Andrew Jackson.

The next one who comes to mind is Jimmy Carter, who continues to live a life of service to America and the world to this day; and finally George HW Bush, who was less a participant in public life, including what he did for his adopted university, Texas A&M; he died universally, as much or more for what he (and wonderful Barbara) did after 1992.

I’d love to see Trump do things for those people who have supported him from the beginning- evangelical Christians, rust-belt folks who feel left behind.

He can do what he chooses, but sometimes you have to look up from the canvas where you’ve been knocked down to see where your best path lies.

I guess I’m just a Pollyanna at heart, but one can always hope.

Old 11-23-2020, 05:04 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeAZguy View Post
And, finally, the fat lady sings.

It's all over, folks.
Far from it.
Transition, or not, there are many cases headed for the courts, and the fat lady hasn't begun to sing.

Trump is going to carry these court battles until January 20th, and during that time, the EC won't be able to vote on a president, because to many votes are being contested.
That will leave it up to the house on January to elect a president, per the constitution.
The way that is done is, members do not vote.
The states get one vote each.
Republicans hold a majority of the states, and for sure they won't be picking Biden.

So you see, the fat lady is nowhere to be found yet.

If it makes you feel better, proclaim it's over, and your candidate won, but facts are facts, and they more than likely don't involve Biden being president.
If you don't think Trump will continue on with these court battles, and appeals right up to January 20th, you must be living under a rock.
Trump doesn't need wins, nor does he expect them in the courts.
He only has to keep appealing court decisions(which is his legal right) up to January 20th.
Then, as I explained, it will be up to each state to elect the president.

Old 11-23-2020, 05:06 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Far from it.
Transition, or not, there are many cases headed for the courts, and the fat lady hasn't begun to sing.

Trump is going to carry these court battles until January 20th, and during that time, the EC won't be able to vote on a president, because to many votes are being contested.

Meanwhile, in reality, Biden will get all his 306 electoral college votes here in a few weeks

Old 11-23-2020, 05:13 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
There is no way with all the suits pending they are agreeing to transition anything. This is likely another fake story
I feel very badly for your ability to deny reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
This is false. She is a Trump appointee and works at his discretion. Trump can fire her at anytime for any or no reason. It’s up to him and will be up to Biden starting Jan 20th. I do agree about the tweet.
AS the POTUS and STAR of Reality TV who finally succumbed to Election Outcome.. I re-iterate "It's about time".. False News just doesn't come close at this stage to REALTY!!

Quote:
LOL.. So you admit DJT isn't coherent.. Therefore INCOMPETENT to lead !! DJT has and will continue to TRY to undermine the "American" Republic & Constitution etc etc until he exit's stage right (Jan 20/2020)! Con-Man Lost.. denial by him and folks like yourself and all those who were affected by supporting him in Government positions/including appointed proxies/never vetted that followed HIS marching orders, will forever be affected personally!!

It's sad, that ALL the damages he has done will take decades to UNDUE!! But maybe it's best YOU get over it!!

Old 11-23-2020, 05:15 PM

298 posts, read 116,988 times
Quote:
Far from it.

That will leave it up to the house on January to elect a president, per the constitution.
Republicans hold a majority of the states, and for sure they won't be picking Biden.

If it makes you feel better, proclaim it's over, and your candidate won, but facts are facts, and they more than likely don't involve Biden being president.
If you don't think Trump will continue on with these court battles, and appeals right up to January 20th, you must be living under a rock.
He only has to keep appealing court decisions(which is his legal right) up to January 20th.
I'm actually a moderate Republican.

Traditionally, the Republicans were the more responsible, conservative party. Now, our party has been taken over by weak leaders and lunatics.

I did vote for Biden this election in a closely contested swing state (AZ), but voted for Trump in 2016.

Trump is losing all of his lawsuits and rightfully so because they are frivolous at best and insane at worst. Of course, he will continue, but he will continue to lose. Luckily, our democracy is holding strong.

And his allies will continue to slowly jump ship (Chris Christie is the latest one to bail on Trump).

Ultimately, we are in a national crisis right now and we need a strong leader. Trump is neither strong nor a leader. He also needs to be held accountable for his crimes while in office and prior to holding office.

As for you, I sincerely hope you get help. You need to be deprogrammed from this craziness. Hopefully, you are not currently being scammed by Trump and losing money over this.

Best of luck and happy holidays.

Old 11-23-2020, 05:19 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,748 times
Quote:
Far from it.

We are fixing to see how that works out for you

Old 11-23-2020, 05:19 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
I would guess he told Ivanka to write it for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies