Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 07:03 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,689,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I don't think so. If you want to go to a country requiring yellow fever vaccination, then you either get the vaccine or you do not go. They don't care about your personal feelings on the matter (though medical exemptions are available). It will be the same with this. I suspect that the people who are well-traveled and who will be flying internationally are largely overlapped with the people who will get the vaccine, anyway, for a variety of reasons. I really don't think this will have a large impact on the airline's bottom line.
I'm sure you know the state of the airline industry right now right? They are going to be hurting for awhile & unless they suddenly have record # of fliers it's going to be tough for even airliners like Delta. If you take into consideration the thousands & thousands of normal frequent fliers that decide they just will not fly you might be surprised that it will impact the bottom line.

Just wait till stock holders see what happens & they will be reversing that with an whole saying "if we don't we go under simple as that"

You gotta remember this. Thousands & thousands of companies around the world have realized they can do annual meetings by zoom & online conference calls. Airliners are going to be losing billions over the next 10 years JUST FROM THAT alone. You add a high % of fliers that just wont' vaccine you're in for even more $$$ losses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2020, 07:06 PM

1,231 posts, read 448,469 times
Their company their rules. If you don't like it stay home.

Old 11-24-2020, 07:10 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
^This^

Just don't travel with them. Then again I suspect that the other major carriers will be requiring the same things.

Old 11-24-2020, 07:11 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,300,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
I would just be surprised if our main airliners in the US do this. Seems like it could be more costly. (for domestic flights that is)

First off you're dealing with a virus that for 99% of the population is similar to the flu or even less. Yes, it's real. I'm not saying it's fake virus so stop rushing to your keyboard right now to counter what I'm about to say.

There are many people in this country who do not want to take something that is pushed through this fast. Many of these people are probably frequent fliers. The airlines can't afford IMO to lose passengers for something like this. They will realize that by implementing this type of policy they will probably lose X millions of dollars a week.

Because guess what. I would be willing to say that a great % of people who are pro vaccine are not the ones doing a lot of traveling.

And before anybody wants to chime in & say "well just because you're one of the 99% people recover doesn't mean you won't have long term effects". The media loves to keep bringing this up because they know that with a survival rate that high you need to still be able to put fear into people so why not say "but if you survive you might..."

Correct, it won't happen on domestic US flights. That much I can guarantee

Old 11-24-2020, 07:44 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,408,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
That went out the window years ago, lol. Discrimination, product safety, etc, let alone the "their company" part which receives plenty of gov (i.e. tax dollars) assistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies