Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2020, 08:55 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,463,111 times

Advertisements

And so much for Sidney Powell's "military intelligence expert": https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...7e8_story.html

Old 12-11-2020, 09:00 PM

768 posts, read 300,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You could debunk every bit of the nonsense and Trump's true believers wouldn't accept it. It simply does no good they have been lied to by Trump for so long that they probably can't differentiate the truth from a lie
Yep the weak minded have been convinced that everyone is out to get Trump. Honestly Trump is going to go down as the greatest con man of all time. He has convinced people that he hates that he cares about them. He has convinced people that thousands of government employees are all working in unison to bring him down. I guess some credit goes out to right wing media because they have been banging this drum for 30 years. Trump was just the perfect candidate to bring these crazy ideas to the mainstream.

Old 12-11-2020, 09:32 PM

15,093 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Oh please...if Texas can try to overturn an election because they think that four states that Trump lost were breaking some kind of law, then California can sue Texas for not putting enough polling places to accommodate all the voters, it's absolutely stupid. And as far as these judges who were probably laughing as they wrote up the dismissal - Trump hand picked three of them
Baloney, a completely nonsensical comparison. But just to be clear, this latest abdication of constitutional responsibility by the robed monkeys on the Supreme Court, as they cover their eyes, ears and mouth, doesn’t surprise me much at all. Had I proffered a prediction on the matter, I would have guessed them granting the case a gratuitous show hearing, while ultimately refusing to provide any substantive ruling. But it seems they believe the takeover has progressed to the point that such pretenses are no longer necessary.

The upside to all of this was seeing 18 other states agree with, and join Texas. Thats a sign.

While I think it still a bit premature for you chi-com lovers to break out the champagne, whatever win you think you have achieved, I believe will be short lived. There are 72 Million spiritual soldiers gathering at the gate, and you’re on the wrong side of it.

Just an interesting aside .... while Biden has already said his inauguration will be virtual, why are there workers busy in Washington DC now, building a huge stage?

Old 12-11-2020, 09:41 PM

889 posts, read 272,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
Too many Radical Fascist Republicans on here trying to change the will of me and my fellow Georgian voters. My vote in Georgia is not to be determined by the treasonous AG of Texas.

You lost. Wipe up your tears and move on.

No, b-b-b-ut we have some video taken on a webcam of a counter scratching himself on a break or moving a box in the room always in view of a camera.

We voted, we counted, we hand counted, we audited, and we machine counted again. Truth is, even a mildly conservative state like Georgia had just enough voters think Trump flipped his lid.

My vote counts and you can't change it and my patience is starting to run out at the absolute radical, treasonous intentions of fascism to subvert the democracy of the people in a country where they government is suppose to be of the people, for the people, and by the people.
lol, your patience is not relevant. what will be, will be no matter how much you posture.

Old 12-11-2020, 09:44 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,775,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Baloney, a completely nonsensical comparison. But just to be clear, this latest abdication of constitutional responsibility by the robed monkeys on the Supreme Court, as they cover their eyes, ears and mouth, doesn’t surprise me much at all. Had I proffered a prediction on the matter, I would have guessed them granting the case a gratuitous show hearing, while ultimately refusing to provide any substantive ruling. But it seems they believe the takeover has progressed to the point that such pretenses are no longer necessary.

The upside to all of this was seeing 18 other states agree with, and join Texas. Thats a sign.

While I think it still a bit premature for you chi-com lovers to break out the champagne, whatever win you think you have achieved, I believe will be short lived. There are 72 Million spiritual soldiers gathering at the gate, and you’re on the wrong side of it.

Just an interesting aside .... while Biden has already said his inauguration will be virtual, why are there workers busy in Washington DC now, building a huge stage?
Sounds like a Radical Fascist Republican Treasonous Conspiracy Theorist if I ever heard one.....

Fascism must be stopped!

Our country was not founded on fascism, it was founded on preventing anyone person from having too much power and it was founded as a democracy, a Democratic Republic, but democracy nonetheless.

Old 12-11-2020, 09:45 PM

889 posts, read 272,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Oh theres some crazy stuff going on. They really did think a SC justice would vote the way trump wanted because he appointed them. What they missed, and Trump apparently did too, is that McConnell got them on the list of judges that Trump picked from. And THAT is who they owe. Not Trump. And even that? Theyre appointed for life. They can effectively tell everyone to get lost.

The one exception? Someone paid all of Kavanaughs debts. They probably own a bit of him solid. But theres no "deep state", theres just a bunch of folks trying to do their job.

The comments are utterly insane in some places. When Trump won...I thought some of my fellow Democrats really did lose their minds. I also thought trump would do a better job then he did though. But....nothing like this. NOTHING. Trump is intent on tearing this nation apart because he hasn't realized that folks really did not vote for him. Even slowing the mail and disenfranchising a ton of folks wasn't enough.

Now is the most dangerous time. Will he try and go do something utterly stupid. I dont think he would succeed, but he might get a bunch more folks killed.
goodness what an imagination. its all going to be fine. rein in the troops a bit.

Old 12-11-2020, 09:46 PM

15,093 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Do you suppose Trump will one day publically reveal that the whole election fraud claim was a hoax? I know he likes to cling to his lies like he likes to grab women's privates, but eventually he'll fess up. Right? I suppose not while people are still contributing to his "lawyers fees" slush fund.
Are you delusional? Do you think the Texas AG, and 18 additional State Attorneys General are promoting a hoax? You all need to be fitted for straight jackets. You literally are living in an alternate reality.

Old 12-11-2020, 09:48 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,775,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Lux Mea View Post
lol, your patience is not relevant. what will be, will be no matter how much you posture.
But what is relevant is our democracy and the vote of the people.

The Radical Republican Fascists will be stopped in all their efforts to subvert democracy!

God Bless America, Not Fuhrer Trump!

Old 12-11-2020, 09:50 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Lux Mea View Post
goodness what an imagination. its all going to be fine. rein in the troops a bit.
No, it's not going to fine. It's going to get much worsse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
The problem is they do understand.

We need to start calling a spade a spade....

They really are Treasonous Fascists Republicans trying to subvert the democracy of actual voters and ignore the will of people like me from states like Georgia.
Steve Schmidt had a great soliloquy on Lawrence O'Donnell last night - the core of which is:
"We are one election away from losing the country to people who no longer believe in Democracy"
Three minutes - well worth a view:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsNYBF3nj6Y

He said the night before:
"The Republican Party is an organized conspiracy for the purposes of maintaining power for self-interest, and the self-interest of its donor class ... It's no longer dedicated to American democracy."
I am just so sad such a significant part of the electorate is so uninformed and so easily duped. This country as a true democracy will not last - clearly. We are seeing its last days now. Incessant drumbeat of r-wing lies, misinformation, disinformation, subliminal messaging all over radio, TV - and now internet - has done its job.

Old 12-11-2020, 09:50 PM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Are you delusional? Do you think the Texas AG, and 18 additional State Attorneys General are promoting a hoax?
The AG was getting his pardon from Trump. Done. The rest are cowards and afraid of Trump and Trumpers. Of course they were promoting a hoax. The conservative dominated SCOTUS proved that. Pretty pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies