Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2020, 02:02 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
There's truth here... and those same people are the ones who drive our economy with their lifestyles when things are good.

So... they deserve to starve and lose everything due to a pandemic that they have no control over???

At least 63% of people in America live paycheck to paycheck...
Where did I say they “deserve to starve and lose everything”?

Previous poster implied those people don’t need handouts because of their luxury vehicles. I’m saying appearances can be deceiving.

You have a good thread going here. Don’t sabotage it by becoming overly emotional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2020, 02:04 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post

Previous poster implied those people don’t need handouts because of their luxury vehicles. I’m saying appearances can be deceiving.
And, I'm agreeing with you.

Other posters comments indicate that if they're driving nicer cars, they're there just because they want something for free...

Old 12-15-2020, 02:07 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
You make it sound like people in that situation can easily just "move" to a smaller place right now.

You think they should sell their houses right now and take a loss on top of everything else?
The people buying houses right now are the ones who profit from a down market. We're not talking about feeding those people..

How are the people who are hurting going to sell their houses or afford to move when they can't afford food?
I always roll my eyes when I hear someone say "just move". Obviously they never sold a house.

The time to work to live BELOW your means is during good times before economic disaster strikes.

Old 12-15-2020, 02:07 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
The latest "bill" that they're proposing has no stimulus check provision
I have an idea, let's cancel everything the politicians wanted to do with our money, and give it to unemployed, & small businesses instead...all 100% of it.

Oh, that's right, they wouldnt get any kickbacks that way How lame of me to suggest that.

You know, its ALL about the kickbacks.

Old 12-15-2020, 02:08 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,027,735 times
Quote:
Frank, I think we should throw away our masks, send out kids to school, open businesses and run around infecting each other in every possible way.

Who cares if the health care workers are burnt out and exhausted???

This is America.

It's my right to go anywhere I want and do anything I want --

even if there's a world wide pandemic and over 300,000 Americans have already died from it.

with it, not from it. Show me the numbers of people without severe medical issues who died strictly of covid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I always roll my eyes when I hear someone say "just move". Obviously they never sold a house.

The time to work to live BELOW your means is during good times before economic disaster strikes.
I've not looked at statistics but I'm betting it's a nationwide "buyer's market" right now...

19,607 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
There's truth here... and those same people are the ones who drive our economy with their lifestyles when things are good.

So... they deserve to starve and lose everything due to a pandemic that they have no control over???

At least 63% of people in America live paycheck to paycheck...
Let's congratulate them for getting into so much debt and with no savings, so that they can't weather any adversity. The pandemic isn't their fault, the lack of planning is. However, I don't believe they are starving. I know actual poor people who would not go to a food bank because they believe that is for the homeless and truly desperate.

These people can't lose what they don't own, and if they are in debt that SUV isn't really theirs. The owner will come and get it.

We can drive the economy responsibly, if not then we don't deserve to have a decent economy, we don't deserve the privileged lifestyle we have in the US. A debt economy is a ponzi scheme someone has to pay for in the end.

You are advocating for greed and irresponsibility. "Greed is good, greed is right"?

Old 12-15-2020, 02:11 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,027,735 times
I get that some people are struggling but if there's gonna be another check sent it needs to be equal for everyone and cant go to benefit those with kids disproportionately.

Old 12-15-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Let's congratulate them for getting into so much debt and with no savings, so that they can't weather any adversity. The pandemic isn't their fault, the lack of planning is. However, I don't believe they are starving. I know actual poor people who would not go to a food bank because they believe that is for the homeless and truly desperate.

These people can't lose what they don't own, and if they are in debt that SUV isn't really theirs. The owner will come and get it.

We can drive the economy responsibly, if not then we don't deserve to have a decent economy, we don't deserve the privileged lifestyle we have in the US. A debt economy is a ponzi scheme someone has to pay for in the end.

You are advocating for greed and irresponsibility. "Greed is good, greed is right"?
no, mam. I'm not advocating for that at all.

Old 12-15-2020, 02:12 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
I've not looked at statistics but I'm betting it's a nationwide "buyer's market" right now...
I don't disagree.
Those who have taking advantage of those who have not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies