Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 07:38 AM

19,132 posts, read 25,341,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
won't be Joe Biden, he's the least charitable President ever,
Link, please...

Old 12-22-2020, 09:29 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,198,631 times
Quote:
not bad considering he owned more than 500 businesses.

Many people seem to purposely overlook (because of political BS they want to chop "him" factual or not anyway they can) that when one either starts a new business or purchases an existing one that it's called "a business venture" = no guarantee for success. Like you said "not bad" as a very small percentage going bad while "he's" very debt to owned assets under leveraged IMO.

On the most part, I look at things from a non-political view as well as tying-in with my beliefs as a registered Independent.

If that building is no good, then it should come down but not because "he" was once involved with it as many posters in this thread seem to insinuate in celebration which in my view is .

Old 12-22-2020, 11:16 AM

50,815 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
not bad considering he owned more than 500 businesses.
That was four times just in Atlantic City, not all of his businesses. I think he has more bankruptcies than any so-called businessman in America. He’s really a terrible businessman, I don’t know why people think otherwise. He was handed a fortune by his father, and turned it all into debt.

Old 12-22-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
Many people seem to purposely overlook (because of political BS they want to chop "him" factual or not anyway they can) that when one either starts a new business or purchases an existing one that it's called "a business venture" = no guarantee for success. Like you said "not bad" as a very small percentage going bad while "he's" very debt to owned assets under leveraged IMO.

On the most part, I look at things from a non-political view as well as tying-in with my beliefs as a registered Independent.

If that building is no good, then it should come down but not because "he" was once involved with it as many posters in this thread seem to insinuate in celebration which in my view is .
I don’t think anyone here has said or thinks that the building is coming down because his name is on it. I think that’s an absurd assumption on your part.

Old 12-22-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don’t think anyone here has said or thinks that the building is coming down because his name is on it. I think that’s an absurd assumption on your part.

That's was my opinion to what some of the posts seems to insinuate.

I do agree about the 'win-win" however.
Too prime a property to just sit there IMO.

Merry X-mas!

Old 12-22-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
That was four times just in Atlantic City, not all of his businesses. I think he has more bankruptcies than any so-called businessman in America. He’s really a terrible businessman, I don’t know why people think otherwise. He was handed a fortune by his father, and turned it all into debt.

I see it as possibly/potentially (as I don't know) his leveraging to his advantage using the laws and such.

Old 12-22-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
That's was my opinion to what some of the posts seems to insinuate.

I do agree about the 'win-win" however.
Too prime a property to just sit there IMO.

Merry X-mas!
Same to you

Old 12-22-2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I see it as possibly/potentially (as I don't know) his leveraging to his advantage using the laws and such.
I don’t care if it’s legal frankly, it hurt other people. If you read some of the links I posted, it was regular families that were hurt. And when they declared bankruptcy due to not being paid for their work, they didn’t get to keep their yachts and their mansions.

I have always found it disconcerting that when regular people declare bankruptcy, they are considered deadbeats, but when wealthy people do it they’re considered smart. Our worship of these people and justifying whatever they do is baffling to me.

Old 12-22-2020, 12:29 PM

19,132 posts, read 25,341,241 times
Quote:
I have always found it disconcerting that when regular people declare bankruptcy, they are considered deadbeats, but when wealthy people do it they’re considered smart. Our worship of these people and justifying whatever they do is baffling to me.
+1, but it actually goes beyond what you stated.

When people of limited means are in dire financial straits, there are those in the "right wing" who believe that this represents a moral failure on the part of those people. But, when someone who is perceived to be extremely wealthy is in financial trouble, those same sanctimonious souls suddenly see fit to rationalize the situation as one of... "expert leveraging"... or "it's just a part of business"... or... "at least he knows how to use the legal system to extricate himself".

The double standard that is frequently seen in situations that are similar--but for the overall wealth of the persons involved--represents hypocrisy at its finest.

Old 12-22-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I don’t care if it’s legal frankly, it hurt other people. If you read some of the links I posted, it was regular families that were hurt. And when they declared bankruptcy due to not being paid for their work, they didn’t get to keep their yachts and their mansions.

I for one never said "he" was perfect.

You may not like that business people may be able to leverage themselves using what tools they have within the laws - neither you or I can do anything about whether we like it or not.

IF people/contractors wrongfully got hurt - no good.
IF people/contractors did substandard work - I wouldn't pay them either.

In Kind question: "IF" a democrat/liberal did the same, would you be as critical of him or her?
As for me it doesn't matter who, as right is right, wrong is wrong - I don't discriminate AFTER I got the facts and not potential propaganda.
How true are most of the stories about people getting hurt? Do we really really know for sure, not by people/publications/media hating on someone BS-ing? Again, we don't know for sure - having said this (again) I don't discriminate AFTER I got the facts and not potential propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies