Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2020, 08:51 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,691,079 times

Advertisements

Widening gulf between the "haves" and "have nots" or rising wealth inequality, pay doesn't match rising COL, high education costs many can't afford anymore, paying too much for shelter, food and other basic necessities, health insurance too high and so on and so forth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2020, 09:32 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,377,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I was on a temporary duty assignment in Blaine POE for a year with CBP. You are lucky you didn’t meet me otherwise I would send you back to Canada. Next time when you see a CBP officer at a POE, make sure to tell him that you have the right to talk **** about the US because you are paying taxes, ok?

A lot of Canadians, especially Canadian snowbirds, think it is their “right” to enter the US when in fact it is a privilege. You are a GUEST here on US soil. You got it? a GUEST.

Yes, most of them do own properties (mainly their vacation homes) in the US, but that doesn’t mean anything to CBP. You own properties in the US, you pay taxes.
Outstanding responce!!!!

Old 12-28-2020, 09:33 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,377,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Because the United States is the single entity preventing the elite class around the world from dominating the entire globe, under an oppressive, authoritarian regime. That's why.

The United States needs to fall, economically and socially, if that plan is ever to be realized. The division we see today was seeded before any of us was born, and has been carefully curated over the decades.

This is the end game of a plan, not the beginning. Many say that it's already too late, and that the damage has been done and is irreversible.

Sounds all crazy, right? Yeah, it does. I wish it were.
Great answer!!!

Old 12-28-2020, 09:41 AM

24,457 posts, read 23,143,190 times
That nazi David Cross just posted he wanted blood and retribution against Trump and his supporters. Somebody needs to enlighten this fascist jerk that Hollywood types are among the least intimidating people in any physical confrontation.

Old 12-28-2020, 10:23 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,613,383 times
Quote:
So whats the difference between MAGA hat wearers and 74 million Americans voted for Trump? I voted for Trump and I would wear a MAGA hat every day if I could, but I live in a democrat enclaved city so I am not going to do it for my safety from the “peaceful” progressive democrats

And back to my point, would you call yourself a NICE PEACEFUL TOLERANCE person if you are going to beat or hurt another person for wearing a MAGA hat?
Why would I beat on a MAGA hat wearing person? I'm not violent by nature, haven't been in a physical altercation since I was 16. That doesn't mean when I see a MAGA hat, I have a stereotype understanding of what the rest of that individuals values are. I am probably 95% correct.

BTW, I have been at a Trump rally. The people around me were disgusting pieces of scat, racist to the core, intolerable of anything but their views, and loved the raw meat Trump threw at the crowd. It was one of the most uncomfortable feeling I have had. I heard nothing but, "Them F word Mexicans need to be shot if they climb the border" and "F word N word bastards need to be strung up" or "F word queers all need to be rounded up". Real tolerant bunch, huh? Oh, and at least one of them proudly wore a T-Shirt proclaiming which church he went to and some bible passage.

You can rest assured, I did not state my views in that rabid crowd.

Old 12-28-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Also, how often do you see MAGA hat wearers burn down cities and torch police cars since May of this year? I have not.

But we all seen far leftist groups like BLM and Antifa burned & destroyed cities across America this past summer.
Guess you missed the arson against churches in DC by the MAGA crowd. Do you need a link? Or storming of legislatures with guns?

Old 12-28-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
No, I’m not going to block you. I’m going to remain here, at this forum I’ve been a member of for 13 years, and I’m going to call your Canadian butt out every single time I see you going on one of your manic and meaningless anti-American rants. Because people should know that you are an interloping Canadian with an agenda of antagonism. I’m making it my job, in fact.
Perfect. Then settle in for the ride, because as long as I pay more taxes in the US than elsewhere, I will call out the inequities and issues I see and experience. I can't vote, but I can talk.

BTW, care to guess how many Canadians, Danes, Germans, Belgians, French or Mexicans lost their healthcare coverage since COVID vs the USA? Hint: none in any of those countries and many others, millions in the USA. What a great country, huh?

Old 12-28-2020, 10:31 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,528,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Perfect. Then settle in for the ride, because as long as I pay more taxes in the US than elsewhere, I will call out the inequities and issues I see and experience. I can't vote, but I can talk.

BTW, care to guess how many Canadians, Danes, Germans, Belgians, French or Mexicans lost their healthcare coverage since COVID vs the USA? Hint: none in any of those countries and many others, millions in the USA. What a great country, huh?
At least you are willing to be honest about your blatant trolling here.

I find it odd though that a Canadian with so much contempt for America chooses to spend so much time here. The principles you try so hard to make apparent clearly don’t outweigh your desire for comfortable temperatures. What a role model you are.

Old 12-28-2020, 10:56 AM

521 posts, read 163,923 times
Quote:
The attitudes of many Canadian snowbirds is just appalling. They spend half their year carpetbagging the Southern US coast, and the other half of the year talking crap about their gracious hosts. Every year they seem to become a bit more emboldened to verbally abuse the very people who clean their rentals, serve their meals, and wash their dirty dishes. It’s shameful behavior that definitely affects the way many Gulf Coast staters think about them.

Their gracious hosts are not the illegals, from south of the Rio Grande, cleaning their rentals, serve their meals, and wash their dirty dishes. Canadians can talk crap about me all they want. It won't change the pecking order in North America.

Old 12-28-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:
At least you are willing to be honest about your blatant trolling here.

I find it odd though that a Canadian with so much contempt for America chooses to spend so much time here. The principles you try so hard to make apparent clearly don’t outweigh your desire for comfortable temperatures. What a role model you are.
I am critical of wrongs, no matter what country I am in. The USA has a large cohort of citizens who have no desire to change things like accepting healthcare is a right, not a privilege, unlike most other civilized countries, like Mexico, Germany and Canada. And dozens of others. Often that same cohort expresses strong anti-abortion views, unfettered gun use, and the dominant religion should prevail in government and society. I can't support that, nor can I support the prevalence of the USA interfering militarily in other countries, sometimes on the weakest of excuses. Really, Grenada? Was that really necessary???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies