Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2020, 02:33 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,853,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
COVID-19 is one of the two families Coronaviruses. One family is basically a common cold. The other is worse and gave us SARS, MERS and now COVID-19. Each one have become more and more dangerous, and more and more spread through the world. SARS was relegated to China and some other parts of Asia. MERS spread through the Middle East and Africa but also got to some parts of Europe, Asia and even America. COVID-19 has spread everywhere across the globe. This makes your premise of "do you quarantine when you get a cold" off. Of course you don't because the common cold doesn't really do much. COVID-19 is NOT a common cold.

This is the only part of the post I will reply to because it is clear that you are nothing but a conspiracy nutter that believe this is fake pandemic and that your personal responsibility means that you can do what you want even if it infringes on my rights.
I am NOT a "nutter", and do follow for years those who are not sheep and don't follow the Fauci crowds...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2020, 02:35 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,060,507 times
I actually got told recently that the temporary work from home for my company is turning into a permanent thing.

I honestly couldn't be happier about that.

Old 12-28-2020, 02:39 PM

26,661 posts, read 13,818,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Miss Terri, for like 50cents a day, one can get so much protection..and yet with all this new industries have
shot up, mask industry, the sanitizer of course has only grown, and the pharma vaccine industry, good lord...

As I've said many times, I have not had a cold, flu etc in over 30 yrs, thanks to the 50cents a day or so I spend on my health.
I do wish people remembered that they have immune systems and that nutrients can help them from getting seriously ill.

Old 12-28-2020, 02:41 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,853,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I do wish people remembered that they have immune systems and that nutrients can help them from getting seriously ill.
OH asking for too much, the major population is glued to the boobtube when not working..

Old 12-28-2020, 02:44 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,626,580 times
Quote:
Pretty sad considering that CA had some of the strictest restrictions in the country.
Their case numbers have dropped sharply. There is a lag between restrictions, cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. It's sad that people who discuss this topic heavily haven't had a grasp of the data and how it behaves in the real world.

There is also a lag between how people respond to a crisis and the state of information in the crisis. All they really know is how they feel and don't absorb the changing information or more importantly its context.

See the doctors trying to recommend drugs when vaccines are almost widely available. Why would anyone take advice from someone who's not on top of the subject in which they're supposed to be trained?

Old 12-28-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Their case numbers have dropped sharply. There is a lag between restrictions, cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. It's sad that people who discuss this topic heavily haven't had a grasp of the data and how it behaves in the real world.

There is also a lag between how people respond to a crisis and the state of information in the crisis. All they really know is how they feel and don't absorb the changing information or more importantly its context.

See the doctors trying to recommend drugs when vaccines are almost widely available. Why would anyone take advice from someone who's not on top of the subject in which they're supposed to be trained?
CA cases are up 1.6% from the day prior. https://covid19.ca.gov/state-dashboard/

CA’s restrictions have been tighter then most states throughout the pandemic but they clamped down even harder mid to late November and even more in early December when they banned outdoor dining among other things.

How long should we wait to see the results of the restrictions put in place in late November? A month is not long enough?

Old 12-28-2020, 03:27 PM

48,624 posts, read 35,078,116 times
Quote:
Italy, UK, Spain.
So you added one. Out of the whole EU?

Kinda sounds like they are doing better than us overall.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-28-2020, 03:39 PM

13,699 posts, read 9,793,471 times
Quote:
CA cases are up 1.6% from the day prior. https://covid19.ca.gov/state-dashboard/

CA’s restrictions have been tighter then most states throughout the pandemic but they clamped down even harder mid to late November and even more in early December when they banned outdoor dining among other things.

How long should we wait to see the results of the restrictions put in place in late November? A month is not long enough?
California's plight has been an abject tragedy. It endured the most intrusive restrictions, for the longest time. Initially - through around May - its results were admirable. Good results have a habit of foreclosing on opposing arguments. Fine. But then things became... not so good. Some people blame summer protesters. Others blame wanton youth going to the beach. Still others blame families gathering for dinners at home. Regardless, cases increased. Measures were tightened, but cases kept on stubbornly increasing.

It just sounds too much like that unfortunate epigram, "The beatings will continue, until morale improves".

Old 12-28-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So you added one. Out of the whole EU?

Kinda sounds like they are doing better than us overall.
You asked which countries and I answered your question. Not trying to argue about anything.

Old 12-28-2020, 03:50 PM

48,624 posts, read 35,078,116 times
Quote:
You asked which countries and I answered your question. Not trying to argue about anything.
I GAVE 2 of them in my own post.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies