Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 11:14 AM

45,598 posts, read 27,223,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
OP, do yourself a favor and take a deep breath or two. Your rage is literally jumping out of my screen here. It serves no purpose. Breathe.
Here it is... 4 years of it.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:15 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,019,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
They didn't cheat their own party to give Hillary Clinton the nomination. Secretary Clinton won her party's nomination.
Call it as you will, but I believe those who voted for Bernie Sanders in the primaries, would think otherwise. I am sure I am not the only one who remembers this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEsb9MftJC8

In any event, if one has cheated, to convince others that they are not cheating now, it is not enough to say, "No, I am not," or to say, "Show me the evidence.". If one has cheated before, they really need to go out of their way to show, to demonstrate that they are not cheating.

But.....I suppose when one is holding all the cards, it is not necessary to have people believe in one, to trust one.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:15 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,270,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCresident2014 View Post
Sorry, but I've watched everything the MSM has used to back their claim that the president ordered the attack, and I have still yet to see anything other than Trump's usual bloviating. The closest thing he said is that corruption should be matched with strength, but that's hardly a direct statement telling people to go storm the capitol.

I get that everyone hates Trump, but just hold it in for a few more days until he leaves office...
He didn't say corruption should be matched with strength....he said this....

" Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong."

Also....

"We will never give up. We will never concede. It doesn't happen. You don't concede when there's theft involved," Trump said. "Our country has had enough. We're not going to take it anymore."

And then you got Rudy Giuliani calling for "Trial by Combat".

If I or anyone genuinely believed the election was stolen, of course people would fight back. There would need to be a revolution. It's no wonder mobs stormed the Capitol....and because they truly believed Trump's words, in a way....it's hard to blame them for what they did. Trump is the one who ultimately holds responsiblity.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:21 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,242,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I've been looking and asking for proof the he incited the riot and called for people to storm the Capitol. And , have seen nothing so far. OP, can you share the proof of your claim ?
See, this is why the right-wing has so little credibility:

For years they say: Don't listen to his words, just watch his action.

Now:

They say: Don't watch his action, just listen to his words; and we should give him all the benefit of the doubt for the belligerent part of his speech.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:22 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,079,576 times
“They’re not gonna stop. They’re not gonna stop. This is a movement. Everyone beware! They’re not gonna let up and they should not let up.”

President Trump?

Nope.

Kamala Harris earlier this year regarding BLM. Those “peaceful protests” caused $2B in damage.

Please spare us your hypocritical outrage.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:23 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,242,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Here it is... 4 years of it.

I don't expect much from the poster who openly said facts has no bearing on his belief.

But the right-wing consistently surprises me.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:23 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,825,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
If sending your goons to attack the US government is NOT ground for removal from a government job, then what is?!

Agreed. But the cowards won't do it. They needed to invoke the 25th a long time ago. That is the least that should happen to him. He needs to be arrested and prosecuted for sedition.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:24 AM

6,252 posts, read 3,419,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trump ordered tear gas on protesters so he could stand in front of a church and hold up a bible.

Now you have Trump supporters illegally on Capitol grounds and there's no tear gas.

Tells me all I need to know. You know if it was BLM or Antifa the cops would be cracking heads. But it's the MAGA crowd so they get the kid gloves treatment.

Most liberal mayors/liberal judges order the police to not use tear gas on so-called peaceful protesters. In fact some mayor order the police to stand down while those peaceful protester looted and burned their cities to the ground and killed about 30 citizens.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/19...rotests-began/

Old 01-08-2021, 11:25 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,825,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
“They’re not gonna stop. They’re not gonna stop. This is a movement. Everyone beware! They’re not gonna let up and they should not let up.”

President Trump?

Nope.

Kamala Harris earlier this year regarding BLM. Those “peaceful protests” caused $2B in damage.

Please spare us your hypocritical outrage.
BLM protestors didn't commit an insurrection against the government. Bit of a difference. Kamala also didn't say she loved them and call them patriots either.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:25 AM

3,564 posts, read 4,399,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
If sending your goons to attack the US government is NOT ground for removal from a government job, then what is?!

Let it go. It's impossible to communicate with people who chose to keep their eyes, ears, and brains buried in mud.

Better to use this attempted insurrection to inspire reasonable people to vote against the defenders of Trump, Cruz, Hawley, the rioters, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies