Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 09:12 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
I read the whole thing and 100% agree.

The media is the enemy of the people.
The MEDIA is probably the largest problem our country has right now. They are just liars. I can't believe how many people believe them and just parrot what they say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 09:54 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The MEDIA is probably the largest problem our country has right now. They are just liars. I can't believe how many people believe them and just parrot what they say.
The mainstream media breeds division with politically slanted reporting, which forces conservatives to fringe news sources.

The mainstream media breeds division with it bleeds it leads coverage.

The mainstream media breeds division with sensationalizing crimes by whites against any type of minority, but usually downplaying crimes by others against whites. Based on media coverage, many people falsely believe that whites are more likely to commit a violent crime against blacks than vice versa and it breeds resentment.

Old 01-10-2021, 09:59 AM

29,488 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The mainstream media breeds division with politically slanted reporting, which forces conservatives to fringe news sources.

The mainstream media breeds division with it bleeds it leads coverage.

The mainstream media breeds division with sensationalizing crimes by whites against any type of minority, but usually downplaying crimes by others against whites. Based on media coverage, many people falsely believe that whites are more likely to commit a violent crime against blacks than vice versa and it breeds resentment.
Exactly !

Old 01-10-2021, 12:02 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Obvious Double Standards will destroy America if they aren't changed. Segregation would destroy America if it wasn't eventually changed. The media's double standard in reporting will also destroy America if it isn't changed.

Good read by Simon Black. I will sum it up and add some things to it.

People need to have their anger heard even if they are wrong. Someone dismissing your anger feels like betrayal.

After the Floyd killing people felt that their concerns had been completely dismissed for years. Already angry and disgusted many resorted to an exploding rage that resulted in looting, rioting, arson, violence, and rising murder rates in cities.

The mainstream media empathized with them. Politicians took knees wearing African clothing. Minneapolis' mayor cried over his "brokenness."

While mass destruction was taking place that had already seen over 1,000 police officers injured, billions and billions in property damage, and a couple dozen of lives directly dead by riots and hundreds indirectly as murder rates spiked Kamala Harris went on TV, didn't denounce the violence and destruction, didn't distinguish between nonviolence and chaos, but rather said "They’re not going to stop. And everyone beware. Because they’re not going to stop before Election Day in November, and they’re not going to stop after Election Day . . . they’re not going to let up, and they should not.” The media accepted it.

The media presented this in the best possible of light as well as the riots.

Media members literally stood in front of building on fire from arson and reported that it was a "protest" that was "mostly peaceful."

Seattle's mayor called a lawless take over of city blocks causing mass property damage and the inability of some to move freely a "summer of love."

In August a BLM leader said at a rally in DC "I’m at the point where I want to put these police in a f--king grave. I’m at the point where I’m ready to burn the f--king White House down. I want to take it to the Senators. I want to take it to the Congress. I want to take the fight to them. And at the end of the day, if they ain’t gonna to hear us, we burn them the f--k down.” People chanted for a revolution.

The Associated Press, a trend setter for reporting specifically stated that riots shouldn't be called riots, riots should be called unrest. Rioters should be called protestors. Bending over backwards to empathize.

The media and many politicians responded with “We hear you, and we understand your anger. We want to help fix it.” That is what hurt people need to hear. Even if some of their facts are wrong. They need to hear that before you can have an honest discussion.

Empathy leads to respect and understanding.

The empathy is not a two way street.

If you oppose the lockdowns or masks, even if you might be misguided you are censored online and labeled nuts or a far right wing militia type. Did the mainstream media empathize - not really, no.

January 6th's actions were horrible in my opinion - disgusting. But did the media empathize at all? The media called it treason, which by constitutional definition it was not. Compared it to Pearl Harbor where over 2,000 Americans died in a surprise attack that led to a war where 420,000 Americans died in. Yet BLM people in masses chanting for revolutions, chanting to burn down the system is arson is happening isn't treason?

During the BLM riots, Vox ran articles promoting the riots as scary but effective at social change. Did Vox offer that same line of thinking for any conservative riot (I know of only two off the top of my head the past year)? No.

These protestors were awful. Most of the protestors didn't break into the capitol building. Why wasn't it "mostly peaceful?"

There are countless Americans that feel lied to and betrayed by their own country for years, which enabled a man like Trump to win in 2016.

I think the protestors are wrong in action and thought. I see ZERO concrete evidence that a single state let alone multiple states were flipped.

But for the mainstream media to refuse to empathize with the group that feels lockdowns do more damage, that feel the government has sold out average Americans for years, that feel there is real election fraud while doing the same for leftist rioters, it will do more harm than good.

This double standard needs to end.

Condemn all rioting, period, but empathize with those who are angry and listen.

https://www.sovereignman.com/trends/...tandard-30364/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies