Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 10:25 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The BLM/Pantifa riots were directed at the American people. It was common people who's businesses and neighborhoods were looted and burned. Average Americans who were stopped in traffic blockades and dragged from their cars and beaten. Ordinary Americans that were threatened with violence and had their homes vandalized when these domestic terrorists descended on residential areas. Law enforcement, middle class Americans, attacked with explosives, Molotov Cocktails and fire bombed at their place of employment.

All of those things were supported not just by left-wing nutjob extremists-but by leaders of the Democratic party. Biden has never condemned those behind these acts. He has never condemned BLM. He pretends Antifa doesn't exist and calls them "an idea". Guess what dumba**, ideas don't burn buildings, block traffic or drag people from their cars. Biden's own staff-and VP supported and financed these domestic terrorists, to the point of bailing them out of jail and putting them back on the streets-allowing them to continue to terrorize American citizens. All while whining "defund the police". Lawmakers-and our MSM, were perfectly fine and supportive of these riots and demonstrations, so long as it was just normal American citizens being terrorized.

But now-when the demonstrations are targeted where they should have been in the first place, at our political leadership-it's a different story. I don't hear Nancy, Maxine or Chuckie demanding that the Capitol Police be replaced by social workers-even after shooing an unarmed woman at point-blank range-for trespassing. The utter hypocrisy of our media and lawmakers is disgusting.
Progressives worship the federal government. While it's okay for their own to storm the Capitol (Kavanaugh hearings), anyone else is seen as defiling their sacred sanctuary.

They flip-flop. If they do it, it's okay; anyone else and it's an outrage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 10:25 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,919,501 times
Double standards do need to be addressed. Peaceful people protesting cops killing people are met with riot police, tear gas and rubber bullets. People trying to prevent the peaceful transition of power following a legal election get let into the capitol by the police, then get selfies with them.

Obvious double standards like that DO need to be addressed. It's absolutely astounding the mental gymnastics some people are going through right now to try to justify Trump's followers' attack on the capitol.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:26 AM

4,903 posts, read 3,363,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Media has been the enemy of the people long enough to manipulate the country. Look at who owns the media, who works for the media, who’s on their boards, and you will see who are the enemy of the people.
Who owns the media I wonder...

Old 01-08-2021, 10:26 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
I disagree. The difference is the type of riots these were. The city riots and looting during May/June and August are not the same as the Capitol Building riot during the Counting of Electors Wednesday January 6th, 2020. The city riots were not political. People riot and smash storefronts or loot for typically apolitical reasons. The protests were political and a few in certain areas did get violent, but most did not. There is no way to say the riot at the Capitol Building wasn't.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I can see a lot of reasons for it.

But I will start with no one is seeing the side of MAGAs. Countless articles and books HAVE been dedicated to understanding "the white man's plight" (yes there is some snark there, which proves the OPs point). I WOULD say it is more understanding them from a political standpoint than empathy.

It is HARD to empathize with a group that seems more intent on hating others (blacks, hispanics, immigrants, muslims, gays, women's rights). If they could verbalize something positive they stand for? That is not something "against" others? It appears that no conspiracy theory is too "out there" for them, which alienates even MORE people

BLM is a sympathetic group. They are against police brutality (is anyone FOR it?), and equal rights (is anyone AGAINST that?).

Perhaps MAGA needs to work more on communicating some type of positive message. Honestly, mounting an insurrection doesn't help.

I've heard MAGA interviewed with reasonable questions, and the answers are rarely reasonable. I cringe. I do realize the media chooses what interviews to publish, so I try to keep that in mind.

BUT, I talk to my neighbors and they freely spout the same, things that are just untrue. Comments about laws in CA, that are easy to directly fact check, and they just go around parroting crazy stuff.

BLM is a terrorist organization that has openly called for the destruction of the nuclear family. Get out of here with your BS.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:28 AM

16,417 posts, read 8,223,904 times
So many double standards happening and have been happening for a while.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Double standards do need to be addressed. Peaceful people protesting cops killing people are met with riot police, tear gas and rubber bullets. People trying to prevent the peaceful transition of power following a legal election get let into the capitol by the police, then get selfies with them.

Obvious double standards like that DO need to be addressed. It's absolutely astounding the mental gymnastics some people are going through right now to try to justify Trump's followers' attack on the capitol.
No sweetie, people destroying property and attacking their fellow citizens are met with tear gas and rubber bullets. Also, you didn't mind when leftists stormed the Capitol during the Kavanaugh hearings. You just didn't care.

Please let me know if I can help you with understanding this any further.

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
About the same amount those who were burning cities and federal buildings last summer all over America.
See post #13 on this thread,

1,680 posts, read 1,793,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Yep.

Here’s my brief take with everything. Other than the few fatalities, nothing much happened. No fires. No looting except for a few items. Not much destruction to the building. It was just a bunch of chaos. I am not justifying what occurred, it just is what it is. Compare this with the riots over the summer where in multiple cities, there was widespread looting, burning of buildings, and property damage. Many innocent people lost everything – including minorities who owned business. Many innocent people are put at risk for criminal activity with the defund the police movement. All of this was chalked up to justified anger. Rioters (and other sexual offenders) were immediately bailed out of jail, which was supported by Kamala Harris.

Yes there is a double standard. Anger over the summer was justified. Anger this week is vilified.

So let's look for what's consistent.

What's consistent is that both positions benefit the Totalitarians and discredits Trump and those who support him.

------------------------

We have been hearing the take that if the protesters were black, it would be a different story... which would be true because of the Totalitarians pushing the narrative.

But also, if the white lady killed was black and supported Biden, it would also be a different story - and the Totalitarians would splash that news everywhere. However, they are putting that in the same memory hole folder with the Steve Scalise shooting.
The pair of transgressions prove destructive and should be vilified; certainly skipping over the neaderTHUGS behaviors with insouciance exploits the double standard and gross negligence or ignorance of the simpleton.

Very few listen and fewer accept accountability. The Dissociative disorder becomes more flagrant annually and trophied this week.

Again the pair of actions were heinous.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:30 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,919,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
No sweetie, people destroying property and attacking their fellow citizens are met with tear gas and rubber bullets. Please let me know if I can help you with understanding this any further.
Your passive aggressive snark aside, why were so many peaceful protestors tear gassed and shot in 2020 if what you say is true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies