Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 12:29 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Wait...wasn’t Manchin a senator you guys wanted to become a republican?

I guess he failed your purity test...or has a sense of how a senator should comport him- or herself.
You are correct. Manchin will have a lot of power in the Senate.

Old 01-16-2021, 12:36 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,567,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Aren't the Missouri and Texas governors Republicans?
Don’t let facts get in the way of their conspiracy theories.

Old 01-16-2021, 12:59 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,984,194 times
Joe Manchin is not the moderate blue is painted to be. He’s a commie lib good job West Virginia!

Old 01-16-2021, 01:15 PM

77 posts, read 32,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Joe Manchin is not the moderate blue is painted to be. He’s a commie lib good job West Virginia!
Commie lib?
Really?

Old 01-16-2021, 02:05 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,567,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Because he refuses to partake in your cult?

Old 01-16-2021, 03:44 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcyn View Post
Commie lib?
Really?
Remember to the far right, even Mitt is a commie lib.

Old 01-16-2021, 04:08 PM

9,890 posts, read 4,653,413 times
Besides the virtue signaling a lot of people can't handle when their organization is questioned, criticized etc. It's sort of like you are not allowed to call a fat person fat. It's frequently the elephant in the room. Throw in politics it's about the status quo, they don't want their status questioned or their job security jeopardized.

I've worked for big national companies where most of the employees hate their job, bad mouth management, spend more time trying to get over etc and yet if there's a negative story about the company in the news it's a taboo subject. Don't speak about that.

Denying there were not election irregularities is denial. I can see getting triggered over 'stop the steal' without offering proof but if someone is giving proof, putting things in context and citing sources that's a valid argument. It probably won't go any where but it legitimate argument. And not the first to do it through history.

Sen Barbra Boxer objected to the Bush election win in 2004. It wasn't even a matter votes, close call etc. She just didn't like Bush.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/nation-wo...-same-to-trump

I'm wasn't triggered by that. Until this year I forgot about it and her. She made a statement on the floor. A lot of politicians grand stand, make speeches, opine in response to a simple question.

Old 01-16-2021, 06:59 PM
bu2

24,107 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Besides the virtue signaling a lot of people can't handle when their organization is questioned, criticized etc. It's sort of like you are not allowed to call a fat person fat. It's frequently the elephant in the room. Throw in politics it's about the status quo, they don't want their status questioned or their job security jeopardized.

I've worked for big national companies where most of the employees hate their job, bad mouth management, spend more time trying to get over etc and yet if there's a negative story about the company in the news it's a taboo subject. Don't speak about that.

Denying there were not election irregularities is denial. I can see getting triggered over 'stop the steal' without offering proof but if someone is giving proof, putting things in context and citing sources that's a valid argument. It probably won't go any where but it legitimate argument. And not the first to do it through history.

Sen Barbra Boxer objected to the Bush election win in 2004. It wasn't even a matter votes, close call etc. She just didn't like Bush.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/nation-wo...-same-to-trump

I'm wasn't triggered by that. Until this year I forgot about it and her. She made a statement on the floor. A lot of politicians grand stand, make speeches, opine in response to a simple question.
Also Barbara Boxer was probably the dumbest person in the Senate. I can't think of two bigger contrasts in Senators than Feinstein and Boxer.

About the only person in congress dumber than Boxer was Hank Johnson (will Guam tip into the Pacific if we put too many soldiers on it?)

Old 01-16-2021, 08:24 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,584 times
I'm not sure where people ever got the idea that Joe Manchin is 'conservative' or even all that 'moderate'.I guess compared to most of the current Dems he is,but thats setting the bar pretty low.

I would go so far as to say that Joe Biden was more conservative for about 3/4 of his senate career than Manchin.

He was actually OK as governor but in the senate he just talks out of both sides of his mouth.

Old 01-16-2021, 08:26 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Also Barbara Boxer was probably the dumbest person in the Senate. I can't think of two bigger contrasts in Senators than Feinstein and Boxer.

About the only person in congress dumber than Boxer was Hank Johnson (will Guam tip into the Pacific if we put too many soldiers on it?)
Louie Gomert and Virginia Foxx say "hold my beer"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies