Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 12:21 PM

2,005 posts, read 762,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _McLuvin View Post
If they can fire a gun and operate on a battlefield. Whether or not their reproductive their parts are stock or modified. Who gives a flying flux.
Because, in my experience, they are a distraction.

I served for 27 years. The last time around they were allowed to serve, we had a he/she stationed in my unit.

He was nothing but a distraction. EVERYTHING about him was always related to his gender issues. And there were constant issues. He was a complete head case. There’s a reason why in the past being trans was considered a mental disorder.

That was my experience, and the same others I know had as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 12:24 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I'm fine with them joining, but not paying for their surgery and hormones, considering most transgenders are that way due to cultural brainwashing, not biology, and most have psychological problems from unstable parents.
Where do you get your information?

8,500 posts, read 4,744,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I was confused about this whole issue. Now I get it. You think why would transgender join the military? It's because they get their surgery (at a cost of over $300k) paid for by YOU, the taxpayer.
Perhaps you should ask some actual trans folks who are serving.

Putting aside your obvious desire to score some points for a conservative issue, being that reductionist rarely gets you a terribly good look at the truth behind something.

I can say that with regards to have I’ve heard from soldiers who have seen combat - my Pa included - this would bee pretty low on the list of things to care about. The top priority is whether the person to your left and the person to your right will have your back when the cops are down and the bullets are flying.

5,938 posts, read 4,700,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Why should people, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race or any other factor not be allowed to serve in the United States military?
That about sums it up.

Why do Republicans feel the need to treat anyone not like them as subhuman? Republicans talk up how much of an honor it is to serve the military, how they are patriots for serving our country - if they are able to serve - let them serve.

The problem with Republicans is they are really interested in what's between everyone else's legs. They claim they are against regulations, but better damn well believe they want to regulate women's wombs and what consenting adults do to express love.

Now it is about how an adult expresses their love and patriotism for our country.

Old 01-29-2021, 12:26 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
They are vicious fighters.

Old 01-29-2021, 12:26 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Because, in my experience, they are a distraction.

I served for 27 years. The last time around they were allowed to serve, we had a he/she stationed in my unit.

He was nothing but a distraction. EVERYTHING about him was always related to his gender issues. And there were constant issues. He was a complete head case. There’s a reason why in the past being trans was considered a mental disorder.

That was my experience, and the same others I know had as well.
I can understand that perspective. Are women in the military equally distracting or basically kept separate?

Old 01-29-2021, 12:30 PM

4,299 posts, read 1,557,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
That about sums it up.

Why do Republicans feel the need to treat anyone not like them as subhuman? Republicans talk up how much of an honor it is to serve the military, how they are patriots for serving our country - if they are able to serve - let them serve.

The problem with Republicans is they are really interested in what's between everyone else's legs. They claim they are against regulations, but better damn well believe they want to regulate women's wombs and what consenting adults do to express love.

Now it is about how an adult expresses their love and patriotism for our country.
If someone wants the opportunity to have their brain blown out for their country, no one should stand in their way quite frankly.

Is this another way in which Republican's "small government" morphs into finding its way into military members personal lives and discriminates accordingly?

Old 01-29-2021, 12:32 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
I was confused about this whole issue. Now I get it. You think why would transgender join the military? It's because they get their surgery (at a cost of over $300k) paid for by YOU, the taxpayer.
Why not? I personally don't know anyone itching to volunteer, so if they can pass all the tests and make it through boot camp, why turn them down?

Old 01-29-2021, 12:33 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
You missed the point. Did you READ the OP? They aren't doing it to serve. They are joining so that YOU pay for their surgery.
That's your theory, key word theory

Old 01-29-2021, 12:34 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
May be someone should explain what transgender is? I suspect many don't know. Is a transgender who looks like a woman but used to be a man? Is the dongle still standing, so to speak or is it missing and replaced with a vulva? Is transgender someone who simply feels like the opposite sex and does not even look like one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies