Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2021, 10:20 AM

29,489 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
How are you targeted? A registry does nothing to impede a law abiding citizen's ability to buy a gun. I don't understand this argument
If you can't see that this bill is focusing on the law abiding only, then we really don't have anything more to discuss. You can debate all the details and intricacies with someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2021, 10:33 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
If you can't see that this bill is focusing on the law abiding only, then we really don't have anything more to discuss. You can debate all the details and intricacies with someone else.
...Riiiight. I go through the effort of explaining the impact of registries on gun violence and crime, and you can't return the courtesy by explaining how a registry impacts you as law-abiding gun owner? Ok...lol. Enjoy the exit ramp.

Old 02-02-2021, 11:09 AM

8,241 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Again, how are any of these proposed bills targeting the law abiding going to stop the real issue, the violence in our inner cities across the nation. Can someone that is on the side of these bills, please explain this to me ? How is targeting the law abiding going to stop some 16 year old from shooting up a house on the West side of Detroit ? As an example.
It is not their goal to end inner city violence.

Old 02-02-2021, 11:45 AM

24,494 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
That's funny. What's more funny is that you are serious.

Yes I am serious. Like it or not Trump was a very popular President despite what the Lefty media tells you. Have we ever seen such enthusiasm for any candidate? Obama was very popular but he never inspired boat and car parades. We never saw flags with his name and image festooned on them.

Trump brought back a Pride for America that we haven't seen in decades and the Left hated him for it.

They are jealous of the support so they destroyed him and now that he is a private citizen again they are still going after him.

74 million people voted for him with great pride and enthusiasm. It is questionable if Biden actually got more votes but most of those were cast to block Trump.

Love Loathe or Lump him Trump was wildly popular.

I think he summed it up best when he said "Their are not after me they are after you, I just got in the way"..

Old 02-02-2021, 12:12 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Yes I am serious. Like it or not Trump was a very popular President despite what the Lefty media tells you. Have we ever seen such enthusiasm for any candidate? Obama was very popular but he never inspired boat and car parades. We never saw flags with his name and image festooned on them.

Trump brought back a Pride for America that we haven't seen in decades and the Left hated him for it.

They are jealous of the support so they destroyed him and now that he is a private citizen again they are still going after him.

74 million people voted for him with great pride and enthusiasm. It is questionable if Biden actually got more votes but most of those were cast to block Trump.

I think he summed it up best when he said "Their are not after me they are after you, I just got in the way"..

Old 02-02-2021, 12:15 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
Quote:

You have a strange definition of the word "popular." He had a cult following with millions of Americans. He also was despised by millions of Americans who thought he was incompetent and the worst President in the history of this country. It is clear to me how history will judge him.

Old 02-02-2021, 12:38 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
You have a strange definition of the word "popular." He had a cult following with millions of Americans. He also was despised by millions of Americans who thought he was incompetent and the worst President in the history of this country. It is clear to me how history will judge him.
It's not strange. It's the truth. His supporters went on to highways and the sea to show their support.

Even in heavily blue NJ, there was a bottleneck in a highway because so many Trump voters came out with U.S. and Trump flags. In extremely Democratic New Jersey.

What do you think it was like in Texas or Florida or other red states?

Old 02-02-2021, 12:40 PM

50,295 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Really? Bc we can track private car sales pretty clearly. Why is that?
It would be impossible to start a DMV style website for firearms with 500 million (at least) firearms in existence. That data would be useless as that is 500 million that can still be bought/sold in garages or car trunks.

Old 02-02-2021, 01:15 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:

Trump is widely popular in a part of the voters. He got 25,7% and Clinton got 26.9% in 2016. Later popularity polls would indicate strong support from about 20% of Republicans and only a few elsewhere.

Do not think he is popular even with all the Republicans...they simply prefer Trump to Biden.

Old 02-02-2021, 01:17 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Proposed Firearm Bill would make every gun owner register with the US govt. and ban certain firearms and ammo:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/w...117hr127ih.pdf

Just one more step to disarm and track citizens so they can impose their Marxist control on the population. Restrict movement, restrict the right to defend yourself, and take over the money system so you have to do whatever they say. Scary stuff.
If it's not a violation of 2A to require a license and registration, why is voter ID wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies