Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 11:43 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
It's a Junior High Argument because the NAACP was created in 1909, a time were most black people were either former slaves or children of former slaves. Nearly all Black people were discriminated openly in society, anywhere from not being allowed to live in nonblack neighborhoods, to not having access to any of the capital of the greater White America. 9 years before the NAACP, since slaves weren't allowed to be taught, 48% of all blacks were illiterate, that being 85% of all blacks who were older than 60. For comparison among Native Whites it was 4.6% and immigrant Whites it was 13%.

HBCU's were formed because black people were generally not allowed to go to other colleges. Their were examples, but by and large if you were black you were barred from going to the mostly White colleges.

BET is more objectionable, but came out of blacks being severely underrepresented in society. BLM is also more questionable but came out of perceived injustice against black citizens by police officers.

The ideas of White Supremacy has it's origins in "The White Man's Burden", were whites should go out and civilize the world by conquering it. It's not even remotely comparable.
That's not the white advocate position. That's the mainstream globalist and racial equality position. The advocate position is that whites overall would be better off independent and separate and not interacting with and ruling over others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 11:47 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
BLM has morphed into a black supremacist movement. It's pretty sad and plenty disgusting.

Old 01-31-2021, 11:48 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
For hundreds of years, it was a disadvantage to be black. Black people were/are pushed down the list in hiring, college admission etc.

Get off your butt and do your own work. Learn to achieve without unfairly pushing others down. Compete fairly.
Guess what? It's not 1860 any longer. No one is making you pick cotton. You're no one's slave, and no white (or any other person in this nation) is a slave owner. It's time to stop making excuses for your failures and learn to succeed as a result of your own efforts and abilities.

Old 01-31-2021, 11:48 AM

527 posts, read 320,201 times
Is your goal simply to fill this forum with right wing threads? I am seriously asking, as you and a few others seem determined to do that...

Old 01-31-2021, 11:49 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
BLM has morphed into a black supremacist movement. It's pretty sad and plenty disgusting.
Not just a supremacist movement-but violent, destructive domestic terrorists. They actually seem to think that if they burn enough, destroy enough and kill enough people that the nation will surrender to them and give them everything they demand. Given the trajectory of the Democratic party-that seems like a pretty good assumption.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:00 PM

A good rule to go by when you're opening your mouth and talking about race and similar issues: If you reverse the races or genders or can substitute in some other group, and the statement sounds terrible then thing you're saying is probably terrible. Examples:
  • Black Empowerment --> White Empowerment
  • We need to promote black businesses --> We need to promote white businesses
  • Mansplaining --> Womansplaining
  • Black Lives Matter --> White Lives Matter
  • All white people are racist --> All black people are racist
  • All cops are bastards --> All blacks are bastards
  • That neighborhood is too black --> That neighborhood is too white
  • Gays should be banned from marrying --> Catholics should be banned from marrying
  • Gay pride --> Straight pride
  • Black power --> White power

Before you speak or advocate for a cause, stop for a second. Think about the reversal. Does it sound disgusting and evil? If it does, then what you're saying or advocating for his probably a very bad thing.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:20 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,077,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's not the white advocate position. That's the mainstream globalist and racial equality position. The advocate position is that whites overall would be better off independent and separate and not interacting with and ruling over others.
The thread title says, White Supremacy, not Nationalism. Even, "Nationalism" from a U.S perspective is Supremacy as for you to have a White Nationalist America you would have, to have a forced migration of non-white people, to force them out of the country, thereby being Supremacist.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:25 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
The thread title says, White Supremacy, not Nationalism. Even, "Nationalism" from a U.S perspective is Supremacy as for you to have a White Nationalist America you would have, to have a forced migration of non-white people, to force them out of the country, thereby being Supremacist.
And I'm saying what is the definition of white supremacy but the mainstream position? No one would have to be forced to relocate, but foreign and non-white people are forced upon us so why isn't that supremacist too?

Old 01-31-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewship View Post
Racial discrimination against black people at the institutional level did not end in 1860. We kinda had a whole Civil Rights Movement around it 100 years later. White people were given lots of handouts into the postwar era that were not not given to black people. Land grants, housing and business loans and equity in well-to-do neighborhoods, better jobs, GI education... the list goes on and on. White people were helped immensely by our government to get to the elevated status they are. The push for "racial equity" as people call it nowadays is to give black people those same opportunities that white people were afforded for centuries. That is the point.
So there were huge programs that gave free stuff to whites but not to blacks? Perhaps. Please provide sources to back up your claim because there's a whole lot of black vs white outrage that is based on lies and half-truths. Considering the era, it wouldn't surprise me, but have you taken a moment to consider the Jews and Asians? They were just as marginalized and mistreated in those days, but rather than feeling sorry for themselves or making excuses, they managed to make themselves the wealthiest demographics in the country. How do suppose that happened?

The problem with correcting past wrongs is that humanity tends to not know when to stop. When I went to college in the 90's, I had no reason to expect a scholarship just because I'm white. I couldn't rely on racial quotas to get into a better school. In my career, it is always apparent that if a black or female applicant for the same job is just as qualified as I am, they'll get the job over me 100% of the time. I have to sit through a whole lot of diversity and inclusion training at the beginning of any new job, but the core message of those things really comes down to one thing: As a straight white male, I am the hated enemy. I am the least desirable person to hire. I can only get a job at all because there aren't enough POC and women applying for the same jobs.

We've already gone too far, but the people advocating for blacks, women and minorities refuse to take their foot off the gas. There seems to be no end to their demands. Black people just keep making terrible choices and reaping the rewards of those choices, yet those outcomes just keep getting blamed on white people. In their righteous crusade for racial equality, all the dragons have been slain at this point ... except one: Personal accountability. That is the only thing standing in the way for any black person having a prosperous and successful life.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:40 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
And that is 100% racist.

No it isn't but expecting the government to give someone preference because of their race, gender, color of their skin, or any other characteristic is and is discriminatory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies