Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2021, 08:33 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Yes but not precisely to intimidate and provoke fear in white people and seeking to take away their voting rights.
Oh, and I'm sure that those Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Middle Eastern, and African-American business owners feel so much better given that this was the distinction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2021, 08:42 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,365,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
As is "black entertainment television".
This argument is based on a false premise. A basic high school debate team can blow this out of the water. Keep trying. There are good arguments to make against Black Lives Matter.

Old 02-01-2021, 09:15 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Guess what? It's not 1860 any longer. No one is making you pick cotton. You're no one's slave, and no white (or any other person in this nation) is a slave owner. It's time to stop making excuses for your failures and learn to succeed as a result of your own efforts and abilities.
YOU ARE NOT OPPRESSED. No one is making you pick cotton. The existence of BET and BLM do not oppress you. You nor your ancestors picked cotton in this country. You’re no one’s slave and no black person is a slave owner. It's time to stop making excuses for your failures and learn to succeed as a result of your own efforts and abilities.

Black people are succeeding and you are complaining. Don’t try to switch the narrative now because people who were historically oppressed are making things happen for themselves. Stop trying to act like the existence of BET and BLM are oppressing you. Also stop denying that Jim Crow was nothing but terrorism that ended in the 60s. The effects are still seen today, yet black people are succeeding.

So you’re right, it’s 2020. Again, get off your butt and do your own work. Learn to achieve without unfairly pushing others down. Compete fairly.

Stop being jealous of people who more than earned everything they have in this country.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 02-01-2021 at 09:48 AM..

Old 02-01-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _McLuvin View Post
"No one's making you pick cotton. We're good now?"

"Oh you wanna sit at the same table? Drink from the same fountain? Oh, no for the next 100 or so years you're gonna just be 2nd class citizens."

"Oh, now you want equal rights? Fine. But get ready because here comes the war on drugs, and don't bother telling people about police shootings because no one will believe you. Now get ready for mass incarceration. ANd guess what, you still cannot buy homes in certain neighborhoods because of these red lines".
He’s mad because he can’t argue that BET and BLM are oppressing him.

Old 02-01-2021, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
Not only BET there's the black news channel shows called blackish. If white people started the white news channel you know very well there would be a major problem with it and would ultimately be banned.
So whites shut out Black people and now some are mad because they created their own network and shows? Please stop the whining.

Old 02-01-2021, 09:42 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdawgg View Post
Sorry but that argument doesn't hold water!-Neither he nor you can give me names because it's RARE that a white person is killed vs a person of color so that argument just went down the drain.

Again give me names not useless theory's!!! And the names I just gave you are just a partial list of names I could give you many more and it isn't the media my friend it's called FACTS!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgWJfNuyKg4&t=304s

Check the above video out and PLEASE I REPEAT PLEASE watch the entire video.
No, I'm not watching; you addressed nothing I wrote other than calling it useless theories.

I would normally not do this, but a quick Google search gave me this. Here.

Number of people shot to death by the police in the United States from 2017 to 2020, by race - whites shot to death by police more than blacks

Deaths Due to Use of Lethal Force by Law Enforcement - whites shot to death by police more than blacks

Old 02-01-2021, 10:09 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
So let me see if I got this straight-Cop shoots Blackman in the BACK seven times BUT White kid kils two people in what he claims is self defense and he gets to go HOME and turns himself in the next day. And by protesting that I'm whining? SERIOUSLY? Please tell me your being sarcastic!
What you and yours consistently fail to do is provide cases of police brutality that are exclusively happening to black people. You had a mirror image of George Floyd with Tony Timpa: The guy called the cops because he didn't take his meds, had just taken a massive amount of illicit drugs, was worried for his life, so he called the cops. The cops came. They saw. The Dallas, Texas cops knelt on Tony Timpa till he died. Then there was Timothy Coffman in Florida, who was also knelt on till he died. Then you have Ariel Roman, an unarmed white man who was shot twice by black cops. Then you have unarmed Daniel Shaver, who was begging for his life and desperately trying to comply with the cop's sick game of Simon Says. When he he tried to pull his pants up, the cop playing Simon Says shot the guy.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/02/us/da...ath/index.html
https://www.thedailybeast.com/south-...awsuit-alleges
https://newsone.com/3906412/black-co...n-viral-video/
https://www.waynedupree.com/2020/05/...illed-arizona/

I'm not saying that the police aren't acting like a bunch of self-entitled pricks. The absolutely are!! I'm saying that it's not exclusively happening just to black people, contrary to the BLM narrative. It happens to white people all the time too. For every terrible thing that you can find where the police did something terrible to a black man or woman, I know for certain that I can find a case of the an incredibly similar thing happening to a white man or woman. In fact, there are consistently more cases of it happening to white people. At least twice as many in any given year. Just last year, 432 white people and 226 black people were shot and killed by the police nationwide. In 2019, police shot and killed 55 unarmed suspects, including 25 whites and 14 blacks. Add in the fact that blacks are massively over-represented for committing all violent crime according to the FBI. Despite being only 13% of the USA population, blacks are committing more murders, robberies and motor vehicle theft than whites or any other demographic. With black people committing more of the most violent of violent crimes and disproportionately committing all violent crimes, you can certainly anticipate more dangerous encounters with the police for black people. Also, with those highly disproportionate crime rates, we should also be seeing is relative parity -- the same number of blacks and whites should be shot and killed by the police in any given year. Instead, we consistently see twice as many whites getting shot and killed by the cops, year after year.

Granted, the farther back into the past you go, the better your case gets for claiming that police are actively hunting, abusing and killing blacks. Our nation has an ugly racist past, no doubt about it. But if we're looking at where we are right now, you can make a lot better case that whites are disproportionately abused and killed by the police. And you can easily make the case that the news media and society at large cares very little about the whites that the cops murder. If you ain't black, your life just doesn't matter as much these days.

Now if you want to fire up a movement that broadly holds the police to account for police brutality and murder, I'm with you. Please just leave the racial component out of it. It's a fact that police from other countries are often shocked at how bad police in the USA are. It's a matter that deserves serious attention.

I must say that I'm very puzzled why you brought up Kyle Rittenhouse. It's an open and shut self defense case. Kyle shot three white guys who were all quite clearly trying to attack him. They're white, so it's really got nothing to do with "Black Lives Matter." No black lives were lost nor impacted. Even more telling is the fact that this same DA is aggressively pursuing Chrystul Kizer for murder one. Chyrstal, who was 17 at the time, just happens to be a black girl. Chrystal was being sex trafficked by 34-year-old Randall Volar. She had been trafficked for years by Volar, and she was most certainly not his only victim. Chrystal shot and killed her trafficker, then burned the house down, and good for her!! So why is this DA trying to put poor Chrystal away for life?? His pursuit of both Kizer and Rittenhouse demonstrates that Kenosha County District Attorney Mike Graveley has some explaining to do about his obvious contempt for the concept of self-defense.

I am curious, would you consider Graveley a racist for abusing Chrystul Kizer, or a racial justice warrior for abusing Kyle Rittenhouse?

Old 02-01-2021, 10:30 AM

9,520 posts, read 4,346,563 times
Quote:
Ok let's look at the OTHER SIDE of that coin shall we?

AA would never have been created if hiring practices were fair to begin with.

Police/Fire depts haven't lowered any standards that I'm aware of perhaps you can posts some FACTUAL data to back that up! BUT in the past Police/Fire depts were typically white only and it wasn't because they couldn't find qualified applicants they just weren't looking.

I'm not aware of ANY company boasting about the number of minorities it has hired BUT I have seen companies in the past say were an equal opportunity employer because we have one or two employees of color!-FACT!

Sorry but I can give you a LIST of people of color that have been killed by cops can you please produce one of whites? I'd like to see it!

And I agree there aren't any mass protests of whites being killed by cops-Like to know why?-It RARELY happens!-You think if Kyle Rittenhouse was Black he wouldn't be swiss cheese by now? You sound like the typical uneducated Trump supporter that has or would have like to storm the capital!

But if that mob was Black we BOTH know how it would have ended and believe me it wouldn't have been taking selfies with cops!

1) Affirmative Action - Two wrongs don't make right
2) Reduced standards - Common knowledge - nobody is trying to hide it. It's a fact.
3) Companies touting diversity - LOL, they even give awards to companies for this.

You know why it's so easy to produce a list of Blacks killed by police? Because the MSM ignores it when whites are killed. You do realize more whites are killed by police, right? Your entire post is factually incorrect. Even your beloved leftist MSM has produced piles of content proving you are wrong on every single point.

Old 02-01-2021, 10:32 AM

9,520 posts, read 4,346,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickms View Post
No, you can't. Educate yourself on racism in this country. Talk to historians or other experts on the matter. Read some books on the issues.

Everything I posted is 100% factual. Historians will agree. Experts will agree. You, in fact, need to educate yourself and read some books.

Old 02-01-2021, 10:51 AM

2,828 posts, read 825,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimumingyu View Post
Black people feel their lives don't matter in this country, so they created BLM.

Black people feel that they aren't represented in mainstream media, so they created BET.

Black people feel that they are not, economically and socially, where they need to be so they created NAACP.

It's really not a hard concept to understand.

You can disagree with BLM's tactics and their stances, but your post reads like junior high-level logic.
Sorry but it makes perfect sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies