Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2021, 06:11 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdawgg View Post
Here you go!-take a look at this please!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF4IrvL3xsM\
Excellent video and excellent point. If you not the almost uniform apparel of those people, you should come to the same conclusion that I am: That's ANTIFA. That lovely almost entirely white organization of terrorists! They pulled that crap throughout the months and months of riots. They found a cause that fits their agenda and decided to glom onto it. They shout the same slogans and believe the same things -- but from a white guilt perspective. And fundamentally, they're a bunch of Communist Revolutionaries looking for any excuse to burn it all down and build their Neo-Marxist utopia from the ashes. In the 70's, a bunch of Marxists thinkers decided to re-envision Marxism. Rather than just being a struggle between the rich and the poor, they decided to expand things to all oppressors vs all oppressed. So they're piggybacking on BLM because they see an oppressed vs oppressor cause. In turn, your movement is being co-opted to help them fight their Communist Revolution against "the fascists" (basically they think everyone who disagrees with them is a fascist -- oh the irony there!).

Quote:
And let me educate you on BLM again it's about being treated the same as WHITES-NOT about being better than whites. And those whites that are involved in the movement can SEE the brutality that Black men suffer at the hands of cops while others CAN'T OR REFUSE to accept what's clearly in front of them.

Case in point-Philando Castille was in a car that was stopped by a cop over a broken tail-light. Well he told the cop he had a licensed permit to carry a gun and went to show the cop the permit. Cop over reacts kills
Castille and his last words were I wasn't going for my weapon I was trying to show you my permit. No ALL cops aren't bad I know some personally but far more Black men are being killed by over zealous cops hence the rise of BLM. Now do you get it?
The flaw in your logic and your case is that you assume that these things only happen to black people. That just isn't true at all. Before there was George Floyd, there was Tony Timpa and James and Daniel Shaver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV8VfwLZovw

https://youtu.be/_c-E_i8Q5G0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HujPlUyTXRY

There is no movement for these men. There are no marches or riots. They barely get mentioned in the news at all. No golden coffin. No memorial service attended worldwide. As a culture, we don't really give a crap about them. Almost nobody remembers their names. Why? Because they are white victims of police brutality, and their skin color is all that it takes for their stories not to matter.

Now statistically, blacks are more likely to experience these things. Well, statistically, blacks are much more likely to engage in violent crimes, so it's only natural that they're statistically more likely to find themselves in these kinds of circumstances. Fixing for the rather massive difference in criminal behavior, what studies have repeatedly found is that police officers are much more reluctant to shoot or use excessive force against a black suspect, than a white suspect. The reason for that should be obvious. They don't want to be the next Derek Chauvin. This stigma has existed since long before Rodney King and has only increased over time. No matter how justified, shoot or arrest or subdue a black person and you're life will very likely be ruined forever -- even if you did everything right.

The problem isn't one of race. The problem is that police in the USA are poorly trained and tend to act like a bunch of entitled dicks sometimes. We desperately need to spend more money on getting better police training and a focus on weeding out bad cops from the system. We need to spend money on programs getting them to better connect with their communities. This is where BLM was insanely unhelpful: Defund the Police means less money, less training, less screening, less PR programs, resulting in worse cops. And with fewer of them remaining, you're left with perpetually stressed out cops. They'll make more mistakes, not less. And for the folks who need a police presence to protect them from rampant crime in their area, they just got screwed. BLM made everything worse. Still think they deserve a Nobel Peace Prize?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2021, 06:35 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewship View Post
I literally gave two links to sources that detail these things in a different comment. I also discussed the issue of the other groups you've described. Why is it that whenever someone answers all the questions y'all ask, they go in one ear and out the other? It's almost as if you don't actually want to have your racist assumptions challenged and just want to go off on how "blacks" (I hate that term) are "failures". Please go and read what I said before you act as if no one is willing to address your ever-burning "concerns".
You're new here. I get that. The standard common courtesy would have been to link the posts in which you referenced these things or just relinking your sources. Saying, "Go find it you moron!" detracts from your overall point because it demonstrates that you are rude and obnoxious.

Now calling me a racist is pretty rich, but at this point everything is racist. Hell, even milk, fried chicken, watermelon and bacon are all apparently racist. I'm told that I was born racist, so how can I possibly help it??

Blacks make poor choices leading them to be failures in life. That is not all black people, no does it have anything to do with their skin color nor their ethnic heritage. It's cultural. When there is a chip on your shoulder a mile wide, it's hard to focus on just working hard and building a successful life for yourself. Many black people do it anyway, and kudos to them. They've repeatedly proven that being black doesn't stop you from succeeding in life. But movements like BLM are endlessly whining about the unsuccessful blacks in America. Well it's easy enough to fix, but they can only do it by individually making better life choices.

Very exciting that you don't like the word "black". I'd rather not be called "white". I'd just rather see people as people. We live in a culture where refusing to mentally group people by race and skin color is considered racist and movements like BLM are leading the charge. And they use that wicked word you dislike so much, so why don't you blame them? The politically correct word for black people keeps getting changed and I've given up trying to keep track.

Old 02-01-2021, 07:16 AM

9,519 posts, read 4,348,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
"black lives matter" is just as racist as "white supremacist"
Black people are justifiably fighting to be equal. White supremacists are fighting to be more than equal. It's not the same at all.
Are you sure about that?
When was the last time of a university had quotas for white students?
Are you aware of Affirmative Action? Pretty sure it doesn't favor whites.
When was the last time a police department lowered its standards to hire more whites?
Fire department?
Pretty much any public service job?
When was the last time a big company proudly proclaimed how many white people they've hired?
When was the last time there were mass protests over an innocent white person being killed by police?
When was the last time there were mass protests over a white POS criminal who fought with police and ended up getting killed by police?

We can do this all day. There is no question that racism against blacks is a thing. However, whites have been suffering from government mandated, institutionalized racism for decades. Both need to be addressed.
White supremacists represent only a very tiny fraction of the population and are universally despised. Racial equality for Blacks is widely embraced, rightfully so, by just about everyone.

Old 02-01-2021, 07:25 AM

527 posts, read 320,261 times
Quote:
We can do this all day.

No, you can't. Educate yourself on racism in this country. Talk to historians or other experts on the matter. Read some books on the issues.

Old 02-01-2021, 07:30 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
A good rule to go by when you're opening your mouth and talking about race and similar issues: If you reverse the races or genders or can substitute in some other group, and the statement sounds terrible then thing you're saying is probably terrible. Examples:
  • Black Empowerment --> White Empowerment
  • We need to promote black businesses --> We need to promote white businesses
  • Mansplaining --> Womansplaining
  • Black Lives Matter --> White Lives Matter
  • All white people are racist --> All black people are racist
  • All cops are bastards --> All blacks are bastards
  • That neighborhood is too black --> That neighborhood is too white
  • Gays should be banned from marrying --> Catholics should be banned from marrying
  • Gay pride --> Straight pride
  • Black power --> White power

Before you speak or advocate for a cause, stop for a second. Think about the reversal. Does it sound disgusting and evil? If it does, then what you're saying or advocating for his probably a very bad thing.
This is what people generally living in an alternate reality tend to say. Let’s “reverse the races,†when they know it was never the reverse to begin with.

Old 02-01-2021, 08:06 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdawgg View Post
Sorry but I can give you a LIST of people of color that have been killed by cops can you please produce one of whites? I'd like to see it!
The poster whom you are addressing may not have a list handy, but there is a context which you may be ignoring.

Philando Castile, George Floyd, Breonna Taylor... these names come to mind because the national media plasters these names whenever it's a white-police-officer/black-victim situation. The mandatory, follow-up coverage, which is essentially 24/7 for days if not weeks, generates both:

1. mass outrage
2. the impression that blacks are being "genocided" by police

However, the poster whom you responded to may not have a list handy of whites killed by cops for the very simple fact that he/she may not have even known about them. Law enforcement killing whites in this country happens more often than law enforcement killing blacks; however, the news exposure people have is substantially smaller because these events do not get the coverage that a case like Floyd's or Castile's did. Instead, news coverage is far more localized, and consequentially, few outside the area where it has happened learn of it.

But in sheer numbers, police kill more whites than blacks every year, and police, according to a Harvard study, are more reluctant to fire their firearms at blacks suspects than at white ones because they are aware that there is likely going to be massive societal pushback and pressure against them, endangering their lives and careers. There is no such fear for police concerning the potential necessity to fire at a white suspect. There have been no riots and no mass protests on behalf of white people who were shot and killed by police.

Old 02-01-2021, 08:19 AM

The Washington Post, not exactly a right-wing/reactionary broadsheet, had on its website a database of police shootings for 2019. Visitors to the database were able to drill down data to a granular level, and according to my memory (if I am later proven to be off, I will admit this post is inaccurate), approximately 15-20 black people were shot by cops in 2019, and some of those cases resulted in arrests and prosecutions of the LEOs involved. These were the "unarmed" ones, but while you and I may think "unarmed" means walking down the street with a lollipop on your left hand and a popsicle on your right, with nothing but keys and wallet and cell phone inside your pockets, reality shows that there were situations in which suspects had firearms in their vehicles' glove compartments.

On this website, all over the Internet, and on the street, what is repeatedly mentioned is the factually incorrect claim made by Black Lives Matter that there is a war on black people.

There is, arguably, a war of that sort indeed. But the "warriors" waging this war and doing the killing are by no means U.S. police officers. Rather, the warriors on black people are other black people.

Every single autumn, the Federal Bureau of Investigation releases a huge, exhaustive, and detailed report known as "Crime In the United States." Once it is published, it can be downloaded for free by anybody. A data analyst or data scientist could easily spend 60 hours a week going through all the charts; these annual reports contain more than 40 spreadsheets each and show data gathered by the FBI as provided by police departments from all 50 states. The data is broken down into race, ethnicity, gender, weapon used, arrest records, and other categories.

The spreadsheets for criminal homicide/murder show that in situations where a murder was known to involve one perpetrator and one victim, about 88% to 90% of murders of black people every year have a black perpetrator. Roughly, that's about 2,700 of 3,000 annually. As well, in other murder statistics, which inevitably involve mixed scenarios (one perpetrator, more than one victim/more than one perpetrator, etc), the estimated number of black victims of homicide killed by other blacks is about 7,000 per year.

Law enforcement abuses are egregious and need to be addressed. But I want to know, as someone who is not from the black community and by no means a leftist/liberal/progressive:

1. Why does this not generate protests?
2. Why do white people who are liberal ignore this?
3. Why does the left ignore the fact that whites are killed by police much more often than blacks every year?
4. Why do black conservatives who cite these statistics get ignored or called "Uncle Tom?"
5. Why does Black Lives Matter, awash in cash with corporate donations and donations even more rock groups from other countries, do nothing in these urban areas - why don't they help rebuild the black-owned businesses which were torched and looted by Black Lives Matter and Antifa? Why don't they institute scholarships for bright but financially challenged black high school graduates? Why doesn't BLM invest in social programs to educate black teens about the dangers of gang activity, drug use, premarital sex without protection (including STDs), and to help them learn trade skills if college isn't for them? Why doesn't BLM invest in big brother/big sister programs so that so very many black teens who grow up without dads will have responsible "father figures" to serve as examples?

Old 02-01-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Black lives matter is a terrorist organization that peddles racism better than any klansman could ever hope to accomplish.
Yea sure.

I would love to see BLM burning white churches and leaving crosses burning on lawns.

Old 02-01-2021, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Yea sure.

I would love to see BLM burning white churches and leaving crosses burning on lawns.
BLM has been complicit in a lot of arson, including but not limited to police precincts and minority-owned mom and pop businesses.

Old 02-01-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
BLM has been complicit in a lot of arson, including but not limited to police precincts and minority-owned mom and pop businesses.
Yes but not precisely to intimidate and provoke fear in white people and seeking to take away their voting rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies