Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 01:01 PM

5,984 posts, read 2,239,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
A cop-out answer. BLM, BET, etc. are just as racist if you substitute a "W" for the "B".
Guess what my Father called White Only businesses when I was a kid in Florida? Banks!!!
Sorry but Truth is Truth no matter how much it makes ya squeal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2021, 01:02 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,919,501 times
Quote:
Words do not tell the story, actions do. I saw riots for days, weeks, and months across the country.

What about the equity of "blacks" being given preference in government contracts? Admission to higher learning? What about all the government programs direct specifically toward "blacks"? That is not equity!
Again, to stay on topic: BLM is not as racist as white supremacy. That's difficult to argue with, given one professes equality and the other supremacy. Is BLM racially based? Yes. Is it (something with a goal of equality) as racist as people who claim white people are superior to other races? Obviously not.

I have a strong feeling you and I won't see eye to eye on this. We can agree to disagree.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:05 PM

5,984 posts, read 2,239,391 times
Quote:
As is "black entertainment television".
Someone is on a Crusade.

If you haven't figured it out the same person followed by the same people respond in the same way daily to essentially the same thread. I imagine some have had enough already.

I find it entertaining.

Old 02-21-2021, 08:52 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
In today's world organizations which contract with the government are sublet to a preference given to black owned businesses. That is institutional racism against whites.
That along with affirmative action and consent decrees(many of which are coerced or court ordered) all are racist in nature.
So while your premise is understandable, I think some are objecting to the way you framed the title.

BLM are full of radical blacks who believe in black liberation theology and other rubbish. Some undoubtedly believe that black people are superior to whites, and/or whites are evil.

That is why I gave you several examples of where certain black organizations that have un-PC names (colored & negro) are genuinely trying to help black folks in a productive and peaceful way.
Sadly BLM is not such a group.

`

Old 02-21-2021, 09:55 AM

8,050 posts, read 10,640,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
BLM calls for equality.
But they've had equality under the law for over 50 years.

See the Civil Rights Acts of 1964 and 1968.

I'm not saying there are not social problems that need to be addressed.

Old 02-21-2021, 10:22 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
This subject of color lines in the US has always confused me. Because of the past institution of Black African slavery here and the segregated society that was maintained following a hugely bloody civil war supposedly fought with the goal of eliminating that institution of slavery it has been a popular thing to portray the US as "the most racist nation on Earth." "Institutional racism and White supremacy" as the focal point of US society is expounded on, and is often carried to utterly ridiculous extremes in citing examples of it.

It's undeniable that people of other skin tones than White have been kept segregated from from White in the past, and that such segregation does indeed still exist. However to the greatest extent that is self imposed rather than "institutional" now. With a notable exception in the American Indian population that are on "reservations" created with the sole intent of separating the tribes from the general population. With the difference now as opposed to in the past they are not kept on these reservations via military force and shot on sight for violation of the reservation borders that was not pre approved by the BIA and/or Army.

Actual written policy and law designed to keep the citizenry segregated along skin color lines does not exist in this nation today, other than on the Indian reservations which are self governing and indeed do discriminate along racial lines for residency, benefits, business even for passage through these lands. Reservations around here have posted signage that states "Non Indians Stay on County Road or State Highway." And they mean just that. If you are any other race besides American Indian do NOT wander off the state and county easement. And though it is not posted thus many areas especially in urban areas if one does not fit into the category of skin color that resides therein wandering in by either intent or accident can be and quite often is hazardous to ones health and well being.

And that is not due to public policy or law, it just is. At least in non White neighborhoods. If a White neighborhood were so hazardous to non White people attention would be given that in the extreme and criminal charges would be swift in coming.Things are still quite segregated along skin color in that respect and quite often the mere perception of discrimination by color is met with immediate legal charges and civil litigation. Being labeled as "racist" or "White supremacist" is one of the single worst terms that can be applied. Yet the US is often called "the most racist nation on Earth?"

In communist dictatorship run nations such as North Korea, Red China and Russia racial disparity in the US is often used as a propaganda tool. Yet in these nations society is very strictly segregated and people of skin color other than that of the established ruling body are not allowed representation. We don't see Black people clamouring to immigrate into Russia. Or China or North Korea. There is not one single Black person in any position of leadership or authority in any of these places. Nor will there be anytime in the near future. But the US is dominated by White supremacists? Verily, my confusion is quite profound.

An organization such as BLM would not be allowed to even become a thought in nations like the ones I listed and many more and would more than likely see those attempting to form such an organization rounded up and publicly executed. Or best case sent off to remote labor prisons to live out their days in ...productive labor...for the State. Yet we are seeing racial tensions and violent civil strife such as has not been seen here since the 1860s. Personally I don't feel much like it. There's way better things to be putting effort into.

But it's in the interests of certain political agendas to see that we stay divided along color lines. Organizations like BLM, ANTIFA, all the Hitler humpers, any and all groups bent on division and strife rooted in skin tone are palying right into the hands of those behind those aforementioned agendas. And they actually believe it's all their own idea. BAAAHHH! Yep, shearing time is at hand.

Old 02-21-2021, 10:25 AM

327 posts, read 211,476 times
Ever since State Farm switched out “jake” on their commercials I’ve switched insurance companies. Tired of this jump on “black community bandwagon” that there is more racist.

Old 02-21-2021, 10:37 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
BET is racist when it was established because other stations would barely allow content from black artists?

I don’t care for the content on those channels generally-speaking but you’re showing your colors OP. You are angry because Black Americans got around white prejudice at the time. You want to eliminate any evidence of that.

That was then, this is now.

Old 02-21-2021, 11:04 AM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
BLM calls for equality.
By looting, rioting, and murdering innocent businesses and people?

What about calls for safety from the black gangs that terrorize their own people?
Quote:
Despite winter weather, Chicago began the year with 51 homicides in January, the highest number for the month in four years.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...est-four-years

How do you demand equality with "Black lives matter" while murdering other blacks? That's call hypocrisy and contradiction.

We blacks will never reach our full potential if we're shooting eachother on the same streets we're marching on about "black lives matter." Black lives do NOT matter because we kill eachother every single day, at the highest rate of any demographic in America.
Quote:
Of the gun murder victims in the United States between 2007 and 2016, 57% were black, 40.6% white (including Hispanic), 1.35% Asian, 0.98% unknown race and 0.48% indigenous American.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_a..._United_States

13% of the population commits 57% of the nations murders, does that sound like Black Lives Matter to you?

Old 02-21-2021, 11:51 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,919,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
By looting, rioting, and murdering innocent businesses and people?
So that I understand, are you claiming BLM (which as a movement promotes equality) is more racist than violent extremists who believe white people are genetically superior to other races because some black people happened to commit crimes? Just think about that for a minute.

"How do you demand equality with "Black lives matter" while murdering other blacks?" You start by not dismissing a movement promoting equality because of the poor actions of a few individuals. At every BLM event I've been to, the first people attempting to stop violence were other people there to promote the BLM movement.

If you want to talk about violence among races, start a thread on that, because in context of that conversation I would most likely agree with your concerns. This thread is specifically about if BLM is more racist than white supremacy, however.

Last edited by Lekrii; 02-21-2021 at 12:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies