Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 03:21 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Most people don't get severe illness from it anyway. There is no reason to get the vaccine unless you are at risk for serious illness from covid. It is NOT selfish to not get the vaccine.
No. You're right. It's not selfish to not take the vaccine. I was merely pointing out that you can still become infected even after taking the vaccine. The good news is that the symptoms won't be as terrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2021, 03:37 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,423,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
No. You're right. It's not selfish to not take the vaccine. I was merely pointing out that you can still become infected even after taking the vaccine. The good news is that the symptoms won't be as terrible.
I know you didn't say it's selfish to not get it, but all the vaccine-lovers are saying it. They say we are killers if we don't get the vaccine.

Old 02-13-2021, 03:48 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Never mind the side effects. As it turns out, there's no guarantee it will even keep you safe from infection.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-peop...205918157.html

In the article, health officials did state the vaccine reduced the severity of the illness. So there is that positive news.
That is to be expected as it is at best, 95% effective. 5% of 40 million or so that have received it is a lot of people. Of interest is a study just out from data collected in Israel regarding the Pfizer vax. Only 544 people out of 523,000 have contracted covid after vaccination. None have died and only 4 had serious cases. That is mind-boggling to say the least.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hmo-se...ated-israelis/

Old 02-13-2021, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That is to be expected as it is at best, 95% effective. 5% of 40 million or so that have received it is a lot of people. Of interest is a study just out from data collected in Israel regarding the Pfizer vax. Only 544 people out of 523,000 have contracted covid after vaccination. None have died and only 4 had serious cases. That is mind-boggling to say the least.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hmo-se...ated-israelis/
But how many would have caught it if they didn't have the vaccine? 545? There is no comparison, so it's meaningless.

Old 02-13-2021, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It is mind boggling and I don't doubt that those who took the vaccine saw less severe symptoms. There are still reports of deaths caused by the vaccine. Whether they are true, I don't know yet. The CDC is currently investigating and I will wait to hear from them before jumping on the bandwagon declaring one way or the other.

I tend to go on facts, not speculation. It's a lot less crow I will have to eat.

Old 02-13-2021, 05:49 PM

Quote:
I know you didn't say it's selfish to not get it, but all the vaccine-lovers are saying it. They say we are killers if we don't get the vaccine.
I know G4N. Fear drives people and they want to make sure they're safe from heathens that resist. You can't blame them. It's a natural reaction. I don't get angry with them for it.

I know if my mom was still alive, she'd be running to the doctor to be injected without questioning it. My dad, on the other hand, would be asking, "What's this going to do to me?" before letting anyone near him with a hypodermic needle. In that respect, they were as different as night and day. It was an amusing dynamic to watch.

Old 02-13-2021, 05:50 PM

Quote:
It is mind boggling and I don't doubt that those who took the vaccine saw less severe symptoms. There are still reports of deaths caused by the vaccine. Whether they are true, I don't know yet. The CDC is currently investigating and I will wait to hear from them before jumping on the bandwagon declaring one way or the other.

I tend to go on facts, not speculation. It's a lot less crow I will have to eat.
No, it is NOT mind boggling. If only one in a thousand get covid anyway, with or without a vaccine, then well so what?

Without control groups for comparison this kind of data is useless. But the drug companies are counting on people being impressed by meaningless numbers.

Old 02-13-2021, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I know G4N. Fear drives people and they want to make sure they're safe from heathens that resist. You can't blame them. It's a natural reaction. I don't get angry with them for it.

I know if my mom was still alive, she'd be running to the doctor to be injected without questioning it. My dad, on the other hand, would be asking, "What's this going to do to me?" before letting anyone near him with a hypodermic needle. In that respect, they were as different as night and day. It was an amusing dynamic to watch.
Yeah some people have a natural trust in authorities and experts, and others do not. I had experiences with the medical industry, and had people close to me who had experiences, and I read enough about, to not trust it.

You know, the same person who doesn't trust car mechanics and always gets a second and third opinion, will trust a drug company to inject them with unnatural substances, no questions asked.

Old 02-13-2021, 05:53 PM

Quote:
No, it is NOT mind boggling. If only one in a thousand get covid anyway, with or without a vaccine, then well so what?

Without control groups for comparison this kind of data is useless. But the drug companies are counting on people being impressed by meaningless numbers.
Just the thought of being a part of that term, that I bolded, scares the bejeezus out of me. Would you volunteer to be a part of that group?

Although, I must commend those people who do it. They're braver than I am.

Old 02-13-2021, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Yeah some people have a natural trust in authorities and experts, and others do not. I had experiences with the medical industry, and had people close to me who had experiences, and I read enough about, to not trust it.

You know, the same person who doesn't trust car mechanics and always gets a second and third opinion, will trust a drug company to inject them with unnatural substances, no questions asked.
What you say in the second paragraph is very true. Years ago, my own doctor told me his patients ask more questions about the type of car they want to buy, rather than concerns about their own body. We need to ask more questions. Blind faith does not belong in the same sentence as pharmaceutical industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies