Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 05:33 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,730,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What that “singer” is doing to the National Anthem is a disgrace.
It’s sad that they can’t find any actual talent who can sing without resorting to stretching the more difficult notes. I wish that thee could be another Whitney Houston.

Old 02-07-2021, 05:35 PM

838 posts, read 556,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
Don't lie. The stadium is 1/3 full of people, all socially distanced, all masked, about a third of them vaccinated.
Yeah, but how do you explain those cardboard cutouts not being masked?? WTH is that about??!!

Old 02-07-2021, 05:39 PM

1,803 posts, read 939,629 times
All saying they won't watch the Super Bowl as too woke..... Stay in your bunkers and stick to never allowing change or just co-existance. Either way.... I am not a huge football fan. Just it is part of Americana no matter what hybernation and self-protectionism steers your ideology and thinking all should remain the same. Lot of House Parties going on and my local volunteer firehouse club/bar in small city PA has only 4 of us this year. Streets are dead.

Well I am of the Boomer generation. I lived thru a lot to change in Presidents and Congress, economic downturns and changes in music. I adjusted to every one. Clothing styles and hair.

I needed no gun or bunker mountian home to claim being a proud American redneck military man. I always worked and in a early retirement by a couple years. I belonged to both Parties over the years and voted both sides. I call myself a PROUD AMERICAN AND A MODERATE. I swayed Democrat later in life irony has it. Still I NEVER WANT TO LOOSE MY ABILITY TO SEE ALL SIDES and vote such.

EXTREMISM festers and eats away and the world goes on around you. I keep my Rock and Country music favorites alive without a need to abhor others styles and Rap today because .... we do not know where music might evolve in the 2030s. I can bring up all my old favorites on my Amazon echo by command and radio stations who play them. I just say .... Alexa, play oldies or all 80s or 60s 70s and 80s and others. With a small monthly fee if I chose it. I could ask for spacific songs.

I can in my car FM. I can go to my local bars and play them on the internet juke box. I can see young people who know them and appreciate and respect them and actually play them too. Some like Country or Rap and play their music too. Just 80s are a default musical decade of music.

I need again, no sheltering myself from tbe world and know all the imperfections and strife each generation and decade had its own too endure. I NEVER WANT TO HAVE A NARROWMINDED PERSONA. I feel no restrictions to my preferences in these things as some fear and get all EXTREMIST AND PARANOID that leads to degrees of hate and by fear leads to isolation even.

Thank God ..... most never go to extremist mode. Seeing every thing as against them and what they claim as their traditions see as sought to be destroyed. I see nobody destroying mine or even older music as plentiful as ever by tech today. Just not part of top 20 music today with most sales ..... unless juke box plays counted.

Even FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM..... some say Witney Houston jazzed it up. Of course each singer puts a slant on it if a pro especially. Lady Gaga was even having some for President Biden's inaugural said she jazzed it up too much.....

Old 02-07-2021, 05:40 PM

8,582 posts, read 11,006,148 times
Quote:
The world lost a great talent, that’s for sure. I’m going to listen to it now and get the icky version from tonight out of my head.

And I guarantee you that when Whitney sang this song, nobody was thinking black or white. She was an amazing singer and a proud American. Color irrelevant. Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_lCmBvYMRs
I never liked her singing, regardless of what song she was singing,(or should I say, yelling).
As a singer, she stunk.
All that yelling, instead of using normal voice was / is a big turnoff.
As for our national anthem, I never cared for it.
I think "God Bless America", or "God Bless the USA" would have been better choices.

Old 02-07-2021, 05:47 PM

12,967 posts, read 13,698,800 times
Quote:
Oh please. You’re trying too hard. Our National Anthem does not carve out a specific segment of the American population. The Black National Anthem does. You leftists are really going overboard with all this stuff.
The MAGA Trumpest are going overboard. It's a 100 year old song and tradition and suddenly a group of Americans have a problem with it.

Old 02-07-2021, 05:49 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,730,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I never liked her singing, regardless of what song she was singing,(or should I say, yelling).
As a singer, she stunk.
I think "God Bless America", or "God Bless the USA" would have been better choices.
Nobody has ever done better. It brought tears to my eyes thinking about her shortened life and the patriotic feelings of the era when she sang it.

Old 02-07-2021, 05:51 PM

1,803 posts, read 939,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
As a singer, she stunk.
Wow .... and I thought I was old. Whitney just yelling. I have not heard that it's just like yelling since I was in my very early 20s in the early 1980s and my Father would say that. LOL. He would have been in his 90s today and passed at 85 years old.

I loved Whitney Houston as in my 60s now .... and her National Anthem rendition will always be the bar of perfection.

Old 02-07-2021, 05:51 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,538,057 times
It is part of a segregation agenda being imposed by the Democrat left.

And yes, it is blatantly racist.

Old 02-07-2021, 05:52 PM

27,693 posts, read 16,182,319 times
When was the song named "The *seperate* national anthem"?

Old 02-07-2021, 05:52 PM

929 posts, read 305,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The MAGA Trumpest are going overboard. It's a 100 year old song and tradition and suddenly a group of Americans have a problem with it.
Huckleberry Finn was published in 1885.
In 2019 in Duluth MN it was removed from the school curriculum.
New Jersey has attempted the same action several times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies