Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2021, 01:15 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,885,842 times

Advertisements

Who knew Brady would blow out KC like he did? Lead-in and flyover must have worked for them. Plus home field. Was hoping for a closer game but not sad to see the older guy school the young'ins.

Old 02-08-2021, 04:12 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
They tore Lincoln's statue down this past year didn't they?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...evelt-n1242913
You bet they did. They also destroyed cities and formed BLM. Wouldn't it be nice if black people just wrote songs and poetry like they did 100 years ago when the KKK declared war on them and the US government turned a blind eye?

Its racist white America that is moving backward. They are even upset that black people want to respond to systemic racism by solemnly kneeling and singing a song once a year about hope. And then they complain that they use violence. There will never be any use in working for the unity carrot on a stick.

Old 02-08-2021, 04:30 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
You bet they did. They also destroyed cities and formed BLM. Wouldn't it be nice if black people just wrote songs and poetry like they did 100 years ago when the KKK declared war on them and the US government turned a blind eye?

Its racist white America that is moving backward. They are even upset that black people want to respond to systemic racism by solemnly kneeling and singing a song once a year about hope. And then they complain that they use violence. There will never be any use in working for the unity carrot on a stick.
So you are advocating songs for each race and a type of racial segregation that just reinforces racism and that attitude of them and us.

Old 02-08-2021, 04:55 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
That people are now finding out that the Lift Every Voice and Sing exists shows just how badly the U.S. was segregated back when it was written and how separate people continued to be even after desegregation.

Instead of being angry, everyone should celebrate it as American history. Celebrate it as the song for those who the National Anthem did not represent at the time. If fact, less than 50 yrs prior, the courts reintegrated that Black people were inferior and could never be citizens. And you wonder why this song was penned? The song has an amazing message of perseverance. And if, as people often retort in racial discussion, every group has faced struggles, then everyone should be able to relate to it.

Old 02-08-2021, 05:20 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,477,856 times
I tuned out of most of the pre-game stuff because I knew it was going to be more about social justice crap than football, and from what I've heard I wasn't wrong. I did tune in for the national anthem though, and that had to be the worst version of it I've ever heard. Both singers butchered it. I will say this much though, anyone who feels they need their own national anthem separate from that of their nation's is certainly not looking for unity with the people of their nation as a whole.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:07 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,866,003 times
I thought all you NFL haters turned off the NFL forever after the social justice movement? Lol.

NFL is so ingrained in you all you can't turn it off. You watched the Super Bowl & the games this year, & you'll tune in next year too. Then type on social media sites like this to tell everyone how you're DONE WITH NFL FOREVER.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:08 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I tuned out of most of the pre-game stuff because I knew it was going to be more about social justice crap than football, and from what I've heard I wasn't wrong. I did tune in for the national anthem though, and that had to be the worst version of it I've ever heard. Both singers butchered it. I will say this much though, anyone who feels they need their own national anthem separate from that of their nation's is certainly not looking for unity with the people of their nation as a whole.

People tune in to sport to escape politics.

What next the LGBTQ+ Anthem.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:12 AM

1,465 posts, read 623,399 times
Does the Tom Brady/Rob Gronkowski connection equate to White supremacy and White privilege?

Somewhere there's a 'progressive' crying ...

Old 02-08-2021, 06:19 AM

380 posts, read 164,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I thought all you NFL haters turned off the NFL forever after the social justice movement? Lol.

NFL is so ingrained in you all you can't turn it off. You watched the Super Bowl & the games this year, & you'll tune in next year too. Then type on social media sites like this to tell everyone how you're DONE WITH NFL FOREVER.
Wrong. The NFL lost support of entire groups of diehard fans including many season ticket holders. The damage has been done with these fans including myself. I can provide all kind of antidotal evidence regarding the exodus of fans but we already know this is occurring all across the country. With the acceleration in cord cutting that is taking place the drop in ratings is going to continue to increase in the future for all pro sports.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:21 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Never heard of The Weekend. I'm not familiar with "I feel it coming, babe." My first guess is that it refers to an impending ejaculation, but that's because I just naturally assume that the half time show is going to be dirty and smutty. If I'm wrong, I apologize to The Weekend for besmirching their reputation.

In any case, my reality is that I'm skipping the Super Bowl, in its entirety. If your reality includes the game, I hope you enjoy it.
Same reason I didn't watch it. I don't get what that phrase meant either. What was that about? What no half naked women at the half time show this year? Last year's disgusted me so much that I didn't even watch any of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies