Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 11:51 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The threads like this where people have decided guilt when we don't have facts definitely help make the point that the prosecutions and investigations are politically motivated.

Trump never gets into politics and keeps donating to NY politicians and do these investigations occur?

I don't like Trump, I just don't think some folks realize how scary it is when prosecutors pick and choose whom to dive into based upon politics.

What if some wealthy dem decides to challenge DeBlasio for Mayor? Time for an investigation!
The beginning of the investigation by NY state precedes Trump’s Presidency by years. It was halted during his term in office since a sitting President cannot be prosecuted. Once he lost, the investigation resumed.

It’s not an investigation based on politics, but one based on the evidence that Trump may have committed crimes. If prosecuted and found guilty, he’ll pay whatever consequences are appropriate for his actions. Just like every other citizen. He’s not special and like the rest of us, not above the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2021, 12:16 PM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
The beginning of the investigation by NY state precedes Trump’s Presidency by years. It was halted during his term in office since a sitting President cannot be prosecuted. Once he lost, the investigation resumed.

It’s not an investigation based on politics, but one based on the evidence that Trump may have committed crimes. If prosecuted and found guilty, he’ll pay whatever consequences are appropriate for his actions. Just like every other citizen. He’s not special and like the rest of us, not above the law.
First, I need you to support your claims because my link below refutes that.

Second,

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-trump-n946706

This is from 2 years ago and completely supports my point.

Quote:
New York Attorney Gen.-elect Letitia James says she plans to launch sweeping investigations into President Donald Trump, his family and "anyone" in his circle who may have violated the law once she settles into her new job next month.
Couldn't this be said about well....anybody? When you declare that someone his family and all his biz associates "may" have violated the law and so you're undertaking sweeping investigations....wow. Now all it would take is for someone to accuse them of *whatever* and then she would start tearing apart

Old 02-12-2021, 12:37 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,259,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post

Agree.
I’d like to also put in a plug for the legitimate journalists who put in the effort to help uncover this type of crime. Special props to the teams at the nytimes and time inc.
it is why real journalism is so necessary in keeping people who think they are above the law in check.

Old 02-12-2021, 12:39 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The threads like this where people have decided guilt when we don't have facts definitely help make the point that the prosecutions and investigations are politically motivated.

Trump never gets into politics and keeps donating to NY politicians and do these investigations occur?

I don't like Trump, I just don't think some folks realize how scary it is when prosecutors pick and choose whom to dive into based upon politics.

What if some wealthy dem decides to challenge DeBlasio for Mayor? Time for an investigation!
I see others have pointed out how much of the investigations, changing the name, etc. happened pre-Trump politician.

Old 02-12-2021, 12:41 PM

9,376 posts, read 6,985,952 times
Lol if there was a monument a plaque or a damn park bench with Trump's name on it the libs would burn it down. That shows their mindset and rationality.

Old 02-12-2021, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
TDS baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Lol if there was a monument a plaque or a damn park bench with Trump's name on it the libs would burn it down. That shows their mindset and rationality.
Maybe, but this is quite a bit different. The allegations of financial fraud are much more serious and no one is above the law.
Let the little guys burn down the park benches. Save the big guns for defrauding the government out of millions in tax revenue.

Old 02-12-2021, 12:44 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
You made that up.

The name change campaign started early 2015.

Old 02-12-2021, 12:52 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,557,396 times
Just turn it into a toxic waste dump; problem solved.

Old 02-12-2021, 12:59 PM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I see others have pointed out how much of the investigations, changing the name, etc. happened pre-Trump politician.
Thousands of morons protesting at the capital all pointed out the same opinion, it didn't make them right.

Let's deal in actual facts. Note my source is the NYT and the Cuomo (D) administration. Now if you guys are trying to claim that it wasn't political because he hadn't taken office yet then that's sadly dishonest.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/19/n...in-ground.html

Quote:
“As you know,” Mr. Squadron wrote in a letter to the governor, “Mr. Trump’s rhetoric in his Presidential campaign
Quote:
On Wednesday, the state parks office declined to respond to Mr. Squadron’s request for a name change. Officials in the Cuomo administration who did not want to be identified speaking about what they considered a sensitive topic said removing someone’s name from a state property because of political considerations — whether a park, a bridge or a highway — was a slippery slope.

Old 02-12-2021, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Just turn it into a toxic waste dump; problem solved.
Can we recover the money trump cheated the government out of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies