Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 07:06 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Can we recover the money trump cheated the government out of.
Do you believe the IRS and state allowed a large deduction of property without appraisals. Most likely they had there own appraisal also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2021, 07:08 PM

1,231 posts, read 449,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
The insurrectionists are your Democrats who tried to impeach him twice without justification.

And the Capitol Hill protest wouldn’t have happened if not for your shady Democrat election fixing.
The Capitol Hill protest wouldn't have happened if not for lies about Democrat election fixing. I fixed it for you.

It didn't happen and was never proven.

Old 02-12-2021, 07:43 PM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Well good for him. I would never hang out in it. Good place for all the folks who don't want to wear a mask to hang out with each other.
You mean young people?

Old 02-12-2021, 07:54 PM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I have not seen the tax return and do not know the status of the that financial document. I am guessing(educated) it is more (much more) than it is worth. I am sure it will be revealed to the public at trial. My guess is based on nytimes and time inc financial reporting.
Of course I could be wrong. I look forward to full transparency.
Hey I agree with you, but again, if you're going there....don't just investigate Trumps deduction, it should be a view at reforming the process.

I think the problem in general is that I'm a history buff. I know of story after story after story where people used their political office to enrich donators, punish opposition and so forth under various guises. (I also lived in Chicago and well....lol....story after story I could tell you there as well. )

Do you have anything to say to my quote of the NY AG coming into office in 2018 talking about deeply investigating Trump, his family, his associates? With the trigger being someone just has to generally accuse him of something and it's off to the fishing expedition? That's some scary stuff.

I'm not saying I think Trump is above board or any of that, I think he's a scumbag but at the same time this reeks of using the power of office to go after a political opponent even if just for the purpose of trying to hurt them in the polls.

P.S. I voted (D) this past election for president, senate and congress (really like my congress lady). Trump is unlikely to be even alive or coherent in 10 years....do you really want a landscape where people can just fishing expedition folks to suppress political opposition?

Old 02-12-2021, 08:38 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,264,759 times
From the IRS:

Quote:
....explains what kind of information you must have to support the charitable contribution deduction you claim on your return.

Quote:
What Is Fair Market Value (FMV)?

To figure how much you may deduct for property that you contribute, you must first determine its fair market value on the date of the contribution.

In making and supporting the valuation of property, all factors affecting value are relevant and must be considered. These include:
The cost or selling price of the item,
Sales of comparable properties,
Replacement cost, and
Opinions of experts.
https://www.irs.gov/publications/p561

Old 02-12-2021, 08:42 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
The Capitol Hill protest wouldn't have happened if not for lies about Democrat election fixing. I fixed it for you.

It didn't happen and was never proven.
Just because it was never "proven" doesn't mean it didn't happen.
And it's not a lie if Trump believes the election was fixed - irregardless if it happened or not.

Old 02-13-2021, 01:00 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,259,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Do you believe the IRS and state allowed a large deduction of property without appraisals. Most likely they had there own appraisal also.
They were, in fact, questioning it. But then he became president and wouldn't hand over his tax returns and it was stopped cold.

As I am sure you know, an audit is not triggered the second you file your tax return, it takes a while to get the bad news. Most likely the had their own BIASED appraisal for the write off. They are in the real estate business after all. It still has to pass muster - and it didn't.

Old 02-13-2021, 01:06 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,259,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Hey I agree with you, but again, if you're going there....don't just investigate Trumps deduction, it should be a view at reforming the process.

I think the problem in general is that I'm a history buff. I know of story after story after story where people used their political office to enrich donators, punish opposition and so forth under various guises. (I also lived in Chicago and well....lol....story after story I could tell you there as well. )

Do you have anything to say to my quote of the NY AG coming into office in 2018 talking about deeply investigating Trump, his family, his associates? With the trigger being someone just has to generally accuse him of something and it's off to the fishing expedition? That's some scary stuff.

I'm not saying I think Trump is above board or any of that, I think he's a scumbag but at the same time this reeks of using the power of office to go after a political opponent even if just for the purpose of trying to hurt them in the polls.

P.S. I voted (D) this past election for president, senate and congress (really like my congress lady). Trump is unlikely to be even alive or coherent in 10 years....do you really want a landscape where people can just fishing expedition folks to suppress political opposition?
The process works fine.
Some people abuse it. Some people abuse it time and time again as part of their business model.
They get caught.
They have to pay or even go to jail in rare circumstances.
The IRS and NY AG have been going after trump for decades and there are dozens of cases in the history books. Not because he is a political figure but because he does sleezy and illegal things in his business.

Old 02-13-2021, 01:11 AM

4,193 posts, read 2,516,403 times
Naming anything public after a living person is always risky. The full measure of and knowledge about the person won't be even started to be understood until they are dead. They should have never named the park after him and should adopt a policy that no public building or park will be named after a living person.

Old 02-13-2021, 02:23 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Apparently he bought the property for 2 million with plans to develop it. Found out it there were too many problems to be able to develop it. So he "donated" it...and then wrote it off as being worth 100 million.
A tax scam.

Figures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies