Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 08:26 AM

447 posts, read 496,641 times

Advertisements

People need to stop and do the math here. Trump had claimed on his taxes that rural property that he purchased at $4,587/acre was worth $229,357.79/acre!

If you do not find this to be ridiculous than you are clueless as to how land is valued. *Remember, this land is not in an urban environment and most of the acres are landlocked!

The land proved to be a bad purchase and most likely he was not able to sell it for what enough to cover his investment. So, he donated it and lied about its value to the Federal Government in order to get major tax breaks. Corporations and the rich do this all the time, and sometimes they get audited and called out on their lie. However, when this happens, we do not cry that they are victims and that X political party are Big Fat Meanies for exposing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2021, 08:51 AM

78,449 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Here's an in-depth and well researched article about the transaction. Complete with nice pictures and videos. You can count on Time to do the real journalism.

https://time.com/5607302/donald-trump-state-park/

I don't think you will be confused after reading about it.
Mathguy: Do we have any support that it wasn't worth the 26million? (note question mark)

You link to an article whose very title ends with: Is It Worth $26.1 Million? (note question mark)

I do appreciate the link and yes, it was a well done article but it leaves me where I started.

I'm not taking a position either way, it could certainly be overstated but then again we don't even know if that was the deduction he took. (per the article) Could be he took a lower amount on the actual taxes but had the number incorrect or fluffed up on a list of charitable deductions.

Old 02-12-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernwilly View Post
People need to stop and do the math here. Trump had claimed on his taxes that rural property that he purchased at $4,587/acre was worth $229,357.79/acre!

If you do not find this to be ridiculous than you are clueless as to how land is valued. *Remember, this land is not in an urban environment and most of the acres are landlocked!

The land proved to be a bad purchase and most likely he was not able to sell it for what enough to cover his investment. So, he donated it and lied about its value to the Federal Government in order to get major tax breaks. Corporations and the rich do this all the time, and sometimes they get audited and called out on their lie. However, when this happens, we do not cry that they are victims and that X political party are Big Fat Meanies for exposing it.
2.75mil / 436 = 6,307
26mil / 436 = 59,633

So, bad math followed by conjecture and a claim about what was actually taken on the taxes (which none of us know) without any proof followed by mocking people who won't just readily accept your shoddy work product as absolute fact.

Old 02-12-2021, 09:11 AM

8,387 posts, read 4,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
The insurrectionists are your Democrats who tried to impeach him twice without justification.

And the Capitol Hill protest wouldn’t have happened if not for your shady Democrat election fixing.

So ..you still believe the lies.

Cant help you.

Did you know the earth is flat?

Old 02-12-2021, 09:11 AM

447 posts, read 496,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
2.75mil / 436 = 6,307
26mil / 436 = 59,633

So, bad math followed by conjecture and a claim about what was actually taken on the taxes (which none of us know) without any proof followed by mocking people who won't just readily accept your shoddy work product as absolute fact.
I was calculating by the claim of him paying $2M for the property and claiming its worth of $100M.

FYI even $59,633/per acre for rural and mostly landlocked acreage is excessive.

Old 02-12-2021, 09:19 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Of course the name should change. The name now means nothing, it’s actually a joke. Get rid of it, name it something meaningful.

Old 02-12-2021, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernwilly View Post
I was calculating by the claim of him paying $2M for the property and claiming its worth of $100M.

FYI even $59,633/per acre for rural and mostly landlocked acreage is excessive.
Ok so here is what we don't know.

1) We don't know what a fair appraisal of the land would be.
2) We don't know what Trump actually took for a deduction on his filed taxes.

Have you pulled it up on google maps? Because by my definition of "rural" you shouldn't have a large mall less than half a mile away and subdivisions all around within a mile or two.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.3481.../data=!3m1!1e3

Old 02-12-2021, 10:17 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times
Maybe NY State is just planning ahead since they’ll eventually be charging him with a multitude of financial crimes. It’s a bad look to have a park named after a felon.

Old 02-12-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Maybe NY State is just planning ahead since they’ll eventually be charging him with a multitude of financial crimes. It’s a bad look to have a park named after a felon.
The threads like this where people have decided guilt when we don't have facts definitely help make the point that the prosecutions and investigations are politically motivated.

Trump never gets into politics and keeps donating to NY politicians and do these investigations occur?

I don't like Trump, I just don't think some folks realize how scary it is when prosecutors pick and choose whom to dive into based upon politics.

What if some wealthy dem decides to challenge DeBlasio for Mayor? Time for an investigation!

Old 02-12-2021, 11:07 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The hatred runs very deep with Democrats and left. The man donates a State Park and they want everything removed from him.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-y...e5iD8VlnybrDC8
TDS baby
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies